Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crossovers That Should Not Be XIII: The Horrors, The Horrors...

"I knew the lingo. Every good Dread Pirate Roberts did ..."

"He say you Bride Runner."
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

The Doctor meets the Face of Boh... and the Face of Lhuke, and the Face of Dhaisy...
--
Rob Kelk

robkelk Wrote:
Jinx999 Wrote:... or Kenichi and Belldandy?

Well, Keiichi might get upset that his girlfriend has been paired up with History's Strongest Disciple...

Which also brings about the other side of it: Torchwood on a mission to Hazzard County. Is the rural Deep South ready for an omnisexual like Captain Jack (picture Jack seducing the jail keys off of Enos instead of Daisy)? Can Owen give Roscoe lessons on how to be a bigger bastard? Will either side be able to understand each other through the thick Georgian and Welsh accents?
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."

Omar Little, you have the ability to inspire great fear . . . .

Jinx999 Wrote:Omar Little, you have the ability to inspire great fear . . . .

And a great cry went out across Universe. A cry of, "Omar comin'! Yo, Omar comin'!"

(For those not in the know: Omar is a complete badass in "The Wire," who is something of a bogeyman for the drug dealers in the show. He is so feared by them that he can rob the corner dealers just by walking up to them in broad daylight, with a shotgun under his coat. His appearances are generally announced by some shouting, "Yo, Omar comin'!")
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."

The Terminator / The Governator

"Are you Sarah Palin?"
--
Rob Kelk

"To explore strange new worlds... to seek out new life, and new civilizations... and exterminate them!"
--
Rob Kelk

It's a movie about a robot in a junkyard... but the robot keeps getting killed.

Kenn-E
--
Rob Kelk

Monsters vs. Aliens and Rocky Horror. Prepare for the ultimate dance off.

The Bullwinkle Horror Picture Show
--
Rob Kelk

Jinx999 Wrote:Monsters vs. Aliens and Rocky Horror. Prepare for the ultimate dance off.
Monsters vs. Aliens and children's TV - Blob the Builder
--
Rob Kelk

Monsters vs Aliens, with Ginormica's real name being Helen Ripley and/or the Aliens being Xenomorphs.

Monsters vs. Aliens vs. Predator
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Considering the title of this new thread, it is shameful that no Garo crossovers have been proposed. It would go pefectly well with the supernatural tone of BtVS, Hellsing, or Karas, or for that matter Hyaku Monogatari/Reaquiem: From The Darkness, possibly even Melody of Oblivion, Harry Potter, or Rosario + Vampire. More in the line of Should Not Be would be the fluffier side of supernatural, like Cardcaptors or the ever-popular Sailor Moon. Heck, Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers have enough of their sentai roots in common to clash horribly while still fitting together without too much hammering to make either unrecogniseable. Rangers vs. Horrors, Megazord vs. end boss, come on, it's perfect! Pefectly horrible, but even that is a form of perfection nonetheless.

- CD
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows

And in that vein...
===
"Xander!" Buffy skipped over to the older boy, still over the moon with the really good deal she'd gotten from that shop-maker. Angel would positively drool when he saw the dress she'd picked out. Not in the icky, demon-drool way, or even the vampires-are-right-behind-you way, but a cute kind of drool, nonetheless.
"Buff." Xander looked upset by something, which caused her to pause in mid-skip as she took in his dejected attitude.
"So... couldn't find anything for Hallowe'en?"
"It's not that. I got something, it's just not what I wanted." He hefted a small bag. "See, I was going to use some of those army surplus clothes and a toy gun I saw in the store, but Jonathan took the gun, the jerk." He sighed and looked down at the bag again, like it held a live snake. "I was deciding what else I'd get when one of the kids I'll be taking tonight grabbed this, said I'd look 'cool' in it, and before I knew it, I had... well... this!" He shrugged as Buffy snatched the bag. "It's only a couple of hours, and I figure I can keep my hands in my pockets most of the time if I have to. So I'm cool."
The blonde Slayer snickered when she held up the toy. It glittered with red and gray highlights as she snapped open the cheap Power Rangers Morpher and triggered the sound effect. "Okay, I gotta admit, this is really cheesy." She tossed it into the bag and gave it back. "But you're gonna do the soldier thing anyway, right?"
"Soon as I find another toy gun," Xander agreed. "Last thing I need is for what remains of my dignity to dive any lower. I don't have much to start with, and I kind of like what little I've got."
Buffy grinned. "You'll manage."
===
aleXander ducked around a corner as the monsters raced past. "This has gone far enough." He looked over at the strangely ditzy girl in the Rennaissance piece who lay half-fainted on the ground, and the scantily-clad ghost girl to the side, and shook his head. "Time to show these monsters who's boss!"
He clicked the Morpher, causing the disk to spin, and the power to build within. The ghost girl looked over in concern. "Ahh... Xander? What are you doing?"
"I'm fighting back. With the power of Air!" Energy flared around him as he triggered the second mode. A suit of armored lycra formed around his body as a helmet rezzed out of nothing and clamped into place. "Ninja Storm!"
The ghost girl blinked a few times in surprise as she took in the Xander-turned-Power Ranger. Then she looked him over a few more times, fighting the grin and the faint blush.
The man in the helmet looked over at her. "Is there a problem?"
"No," Willow replied, a little breathlessly as he unlimbered his sword, "No problem at all..."
---
Those who fear the darkness have never seen what the light can do.

No no - That is a crossover that *absolutely should be*. Buffy verse vamps getting thrashed by Morphin power - especially Ninjaranger power - would be *priceless*  (And Zordon somehow becoming aware of this horrible alternate universe plagued by demons. Somehow.)

Well... I'll admit, it gave me a painfully wide grin of glee. I'd read it.

- CD
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles

It's sorta been done:
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1877073/1/S ... _Halloween
I stumbled across this a week or two back.

It's Zordon... who according to English continuity spent 10,000 years at an all you eat buffet... All you have to do is make that buffet at WolfRam &Heart.  See the buffet counts as fighting evil through depletion of funding... if he communcates via cellphone he doesn't even need to leave the buffet... just have Xander be the way he warms up before the series starts.

It's cheesy fun, definitely. It tries to be a little too serious, though, making slight alterations in their personalities by the end in order to shoehorn it in. Besides, I've always maintained that Xander's real power was that he was the normal guy from start to finish. His power is that he doesn't have any powers, and provides the center that steadies everyone else.
That said... (scratches hair in contemplation,) I suppose I *could* throw something together in that crossover storyline, but it would take some thought. I recall an old prof telling me that writing different kinds of stories was good for development. And I haven't written a comedy fluff piece in a long time.
---
Those who fear the darkness have never seen what the light can do.

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann vs Sailor Moon. As in, Neo-Queen Serenity and Crystal Tokyo are the Anti-Spirals. Probably requires HeartlessBtchPluto to set up, given how Usagi & the Inners are in the beginning.

- CD
--

ClassicDrogn Wrote:Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann vs Sailor Moon. As in, Neo-Queen Serenity and Crystal Tokyo are the Anti-Spirals. Probably requires HeartlessBtchPluto to set up, given how Usagi & the Inners are in the beginning.

- CD
Or just have things go a little bit differently when Usagi reaches the Galaxy Cauldron.  If Usagi looses hope there...
-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.

Fate/Stay Night and The Sword in the Stone and Mists of Avalon. (Please don't add Pythons - it's uninmagnitive and they get everywhere, like cockroaches.)
Slayers and Left Behind. They both deal with powerful entities plotting to destroy the world. and the casts would REALLY get on each other's nerves.

In the current Sleeping with the Girls' thread, K sai Wrote:..I can't stop giggling at the insanity of the concept of a ROB class Genma though! Wish I could unthink it!
I read that as "ROD class Genma"...

So, the trials and tribulations of Ranma Saotome, Anything Goes Paper-Master, the three sisters he has to choose a fiancée from - Maggie, Michelle, and Anita - and his "cute fiancée," Yomiko. Making things worse, Ranma had a little... "accident"... at a Dokusensha experimental site called Jusenkyo... and then he got sort-of-engaged to a girl named Wendy (who's supported in her claim by her grandfather, Joker)...

Stop me before I actually turn this into a story. Please.
--
Rob Kelk

I'm totally going to encourage you to do so instead. '.'

-Morgan.