Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crossovers That Should Not Be XVI: Mass-Murderers Love Company

Today, we've switched Sakura Matou and Dilandau Albedo. Let's see whether Zouken or Emperor Dunkirk notices first!
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows

We've secretly replaced Sakura Matou with Sakura Kinomoto. Don't try sacrificing this mage...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Inspired by the most recent posts in the "Beamsabers" thread over in Fenspace:

The Flintstones/H.P. Lovecraft: Enter... Great Gazoo'lu!
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

*cleans coffee off monitor*

thats EEEEEEVVVVVIIIILLL, Bob.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children

Just imagine him... foot and a half tall, green skin, helmeted head the size of a basketball, face full of tentacles...
-- Bob
---------

Bob Schroeck Wrote:Just imagine him... foot and a half tall, green skin, helmeted head the size of a basketball, face full of tentacles...
About to blow up Earth because it blocks his view of Venus... No, wait, that's a different short green-skin helmeted alien.
--
Rob Kelk

Well, there's another CTSNB for you...  
Edit:  Just as a side note, last week in Champions Online, I saw a 20-foot-tall Marvin the Martian...  Very nicely done save for the height... 
-- Bob
---------

ARRRRGH!!! I just got the coffee off my monitor from the LAST ONE.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children

Hope the java didn't damage it, Ranger. Wink
Canadian lighthouse to U.S. Warship approaching it:  "This is a lighthouse.  Your call!"

That would depend on which version of java he was using at the time...
--
Rob Kelk

LOL!
Canadian lighthouse to U.S. Warship approaching it:  "This is a lighthouse.  Your call!"

Thanks RomanFanboy for explaining Latin grammar like several pages ago. I really haven't been keeping up on this board.

Anyway, I was watching The Hunger Games the other day (a vision of a horrifying future where people are still using coal for energy and movies are 2h22m long). I just got to thinking: what if instead of returning home to District 12, the government instead asks Katniss to help move the prawns out of District 9.

And another Lupin III episode that exists but probably shouldn't: Season 2, #70.   Lupin's gang wants to break into a safe in America, but only the bank's owner and his talking pet myna bird know the combination.  So they bust a convict out of jail, because he is known for keeping birds in prison.  The escaped thief begins to work with Lupin, but soon defects to work with his moll because they're the reincarnations of Bonnie and Clyde.  The traitorous pair steal the whole bank by adding wheels, because it's actually a bank in a mobile home (?). They drive off with bird and bank, but Lupin's gang and Zenigata are right behind.  They end up driving onto a nuclear testing range.  They all find each other, get the bird to talk, open the safe -- and there's nothing inside -- the real Bonnie left a note saying she had already stolen it.  So this Bonnie was actually Fujiko in disguise.  Naturally, a nuclear missile is launched, and Zenigata ends up riding it.
-- ∇×V

Roanapur's notable smuggler crew hires a new guy, who Rock claims is a former US Navy Frogman. Or maybe a Gill-man; he's not sure on the terminology. Benny's a little wary of the new guy; Dutch doesn't mind him, but thinks it's weird that he never comes to drink with them at the Yellow Card and eats nothing but fish; and Revy swears that if "that monster" lays hands on her, she's blow his brains out. Balalaika is concerned; she'd know if there were any former Navy men in Roanapur. But Rock assures everyone that the new teammate is okay; he just needs his space. And plenty of access to the ocean.
Coming soon: "Creature from Black Lagoon"
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."

No one suspected the kind of ties Mrs. Black's old house elf had...or the kind of firepower he could bring in when pressed.
Kreacher from Black Lagoon.

Roll Random Word Association Dice.

Result yields...

Great Kreacher Onizuka
-- Bob
---------

This is completely off topic, but your new sig has been really bugging me, Bob. The idea behind homeopathic medicine isn't duplication at all, but infinite divisibility: the sincere belief that cutting a hundred-dollar bill into a hundred pieces is a valid way of making change. (Or more accurately, putting a $100 bill in with a bunch of blank paper will get you 100 $1 bills, or possibly 400 25-cent bills.) At least, that's the justification for "homeopathic quantities". The alleged mechanism of homeopathic medicine is an entirely separate, and even stupider, piece of "logic". Samuel Hahnemann massively misinterpreted and extrapolated a single case of a drug's side-effects matching the disease's symptoms (that of quinine-containing Cinchona bark and malaria) into "similia similibus curentur", "like cures like".

So... one of the schticks of the Groundhog Day fic is that you start with a character who's in an essentially unwinnable situation, and then you give them as many tries as they need to get it right (generally being able to acquire skill and privileged information along the way, but nothing material, and also deling with the emotional problems of having everyone forget them over and over again).  What say we hand the rewind button to someone who's *really* been horked over by their author?
"As Gregor Samza awoke one morning from uneasy dreams he found himself transformed in his bed into a gigantic insect... again."
Metamorphosis/Groundhog Day

Vorticity's post reminded me, and perhaps (probably) a variant of this has already been posted and I just never saw it, but which universe will feel the chaos more when we secretly replace Remus Lupin with Lupin III and vice versa?
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.

Swapping Remus Lupin in for Lupin Wonse (discworld) might also be a bit interesting.

Remus Lupin Wonse III?
--
Rob Kelk

Mm. Better yet -- leave Remus Lupin where he is, but swap in Dennis Moore for Sirius Black...
-- Bob
---------

...we've replaced Remus Lupin's curse with Lon Chaney Jr. and the SFX/makeup team from the 1941 Wolfman movie.  Let's see what happens.

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Atom Bomb of Courteous Debate. Get yours.

I've been writing a bit.

Percy Weasley and the Olympians
-- Bob
---------

During my mind's usual random perambulations during my drive in to work this morning, several previously unrelated concepts collided and out of them came an idea for a J-Pop idol group made up entirely of girl robots, called WD48...
-- Bob
---------

Quote:Bob Schroeck wrote:

During my mind's usual random perambulations during my drive in to work this morning, several previously unrelated concepts collided and out of them came an idea for a J-Pop idol group made up entirely of girl robots, called WD48...
Sharon and the Holograms?  
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."