Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crossovers That Should Not Be 18: You'll have SO MANY CROSSOVERS! 400 CROSSOVERS!

Quote:robkelk wrote:
John Carter, Warlord of Kars
So he works for a several thousand-year-old being that eats vampires, poses fabulously, and seeks to become the ultimate form of life?

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Atom Bomb of Courteous Debate. Get yours.

I've been writing a bit.

John Carter, Warlord of Snickers/Twix/etc

Dr. Seuss/Jim Henson: And To Think That I Saw It On Sesame Street
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

[Image: 5PSnNU3.png]
Geofront wa Itsumo Shinji nochi Guu!
[Image: VhiKU3L.png]
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows

Not sure if this is a 'should be' or a 'should not be'
[Image: sokka__s_nightmare_by_omny87-d3flyug_zpsf1a5221e.jpg]
Also to backtrack a bit:How to potty train your Dagon

George Orwell crosses pens with Charles Nordhoff when the chickens get fed up with "four legs good, two legs bad" on the Manor Farm and strike out for the life piratical. That's right, it's

The Mutiny of the Banties
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles

Quote:ClassicDrogn wrote:
George Orwell crosses pens with Charles Nordhoff when the chickens get fed up with "four legs good, two legs bad" on the Manor Farm and strike out for the life piratical. That's right, it's
The Mutiny of the Banties
*blows whistle; holds up yellow card*
Roughing the listener.

Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."

I have no idea what that means, except that I think colored cards have something to do with soccer. It appears to be lacking a crossover, though, and that means I have to break out the Finite Improbability Generator to make up the lost ground.

Cool Blade Runnings - In a dark corporate future, the Jamaican bobsled team must overcome a cloning scandal and prepare for a new round of Olympics

Harry Potter and the Pureblood Puppies - after turning himself into a dalmatian puppy with accidental magic to run away from his awful rellies, young Harry Potter is captured by a cruel fashionista and must escape with his 100 newly adopted siblings.

Star Wars: Return of the Red Green Show - with the Empire broken at last, the galaxy is coming apart at the seams. Luckily Red has the power of the handyman's secret weapon as his ally - Duct Tape! Also, Ranger Gort explores Kashyyk, and Red and Bill have to change the hyperdrive coolant in Bill's light freighter.
--

Chiming in late here: I keep getting stuck at "Steve Jackson, Warlord of Cars."

Warlord of Kars?
D for Drakensis

You're only young once, but immaturity is forever.

Someone already suggested that.

I'm not sure what it's referring to (which probably indicates my ignorance of some aspect of current culture), but I keep wanting to read it as "Warlord of Karse"... and I can't remember what setting the country of Karse was from. Maybe Velgarth?

Yes, Velgarth.

One eight seven seven Karse for Kids...*

*radio commercial for a "donate your car to charity" outfit in my area.
-- Bob
---------

The Wanderer Wrote:Someone already suggested that.

I'm not sure what it's referring to (which probably indicates my ignorance of some aspect of current culture) ...
Nah, just an Area Knowledge: Ottawa skill lower than Expert rank. Kars is the first village you pass once you cross the Ottawa city boundary on the highway from Toronto. (Then you pass Manotick, then Nepean, and finally you get to Ottawa itself.)

Now that I've explained the joke... ... we'll approach Ottawa on a different road: John Carter, Warlord of Vars
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Let's go through all of them quickly:
John Carter, Warlord of Arse
(Nope, I'm not getting into what this one does...)John Carter, Warlord of Bars (Do NOT get into a barfight when he's here.)John Carter, Warlord of Cars (Who leads the four-wheel version of a motorcycle gang.)John Carter, Warlord of Darts (Gets along surprisingly well with the Bars version.)John Carter, Warlord of Ears (Has a whole necklace of them.)John Carter, Warlord of Farts (Bio-warfare general. Do Not use his nickname in front of him.)John Carter, Warlord of Gars (Is somehow French.)John Carter, Warlord of Hards (Leader is Hard men doing Hard things.)John Carter, Warlord of IARS (Geneticist.)John Carter, Warlord of Jars (and his preserves collection.)John Carter, Warlord of Kars (Seen above.)John Carter, Warlord of Lars (Do not insult Least I could do in his presence.)John Carter, Warlord of Mars (Most well known.)John Carter, Warlord of Nar (Leads dwarves.)John Carter, Warlord of Oars (Commands the Americain rowing team in the olympics.)John Carter, Warlord of Pars (Best golfer of them all.)John Carter, Warlord of Quarts (Very good with liquids.)John Carter, Warlord of Rares (Championship-level MTG player.)John Carter, Warlord of SARS (Also in bio-warfare. More relaxed, though.)John Carter, Warlord of Tars (Also has feathers and uses them.)John Carter, Warlord of UARS (Earth Atmosphere defender.)John Carter, Warlord of Wars (Part of the Department of Redundancy Department.)John Carter, Warlord of XAR (Open Source defender.)John Carter, Warlord of Yarrrrs (Is a pirate.)John Carter, Warlord of Z.A.R. (Is still somewhere in South Afirca.)
-People may die, but ideas are forever. Je suis Charlie.

And my response to 'Kars', last time it showed up, was to reference the Jojo's Bizarre Adventure villain of the same name.
Quote:John Carter, Warlord of GARs
The most hot-blooded of them all.
Quote:John Carter, Warlord of Rares
...not sure why you had to break the pattern for this one.  'Warlord of .rars' would have worked just as well.  Smaller, too.

I've been writing a bit.

Quote:Bluemage wrote:

And my response to 'Kars', last time it showed up, was to reference the Jojo's Bizarre Adventure villain of the same name.

For those who don't know, Gars is Men in French, in the manly sense of the term.
Quote:
Quote:John Carter, Warlord of Rares
...not sure why you had to break the pattern for this one.  'Warlord of .rars' would have worked just as well.  Smaller, too.
Didn't think of that one, and the second came to mind quick since I'm a MTG player. Wouldn't want too much competition with the Warlord of ZARs, anyway.
-People may die, but ideas are forever. Je suis Charlie.

Quote:Seraviel wrote:

For those who don't know, Gars is Men in French, in the manly sense of the term.
Which is better than being the Warlord of Spikey-Toothed Freshwater Fish, I suppose.

Ebony the Black Dragon

Quote:Ebony wrote:
Which is better than being the Warlord of Spikey-Toothed Freshwater Fish, I suppose. 
That depends.  Are they ill-tempered?

I've been writing a bit.

And surly.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

Quote:ECSNorway wrote:
And surly.
Very much so. Gar are sort of notorious for being mean fish to reel in. At least, when I was kid they were. I haven't gone fishing (or fishin' for that matter) in many years.

Ebony the Black Dragon

Huh. The "my girlfriend turned into the moon" line also works as an L5R crossover... though knowing Mirumoto Hitomi, that has some really *fascinating* implications for what kind of a guy Sokka is.

Quote:Sirrocco wrote:
Huh. The "my girlfriend turned into the moon" line also works as an L5R crossover... though knowing Mirumoto Hitomi, that has some really *fascinating* implications for what kind of a guy Sokka is.
So he's into bald girls with tattoos. Sounds like some of the burners I know. Smile

Ebony the Black Dragon

We've replaced Bella Swan with Bellatrix leStrange. Let's see who doesn't notice.
-- Bob
---------

Quote:Bob Schroeck wrote:
We've replaced Bella Swan with Bellatrix leStrange. Let's see who doesn't notice.
Oooh, that sounds like fun!
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

Quote:Bob Schroeck wrote:
We've replaced Bella Swan with Elizabeth Swann. Hijinks ensue, and all the rum is gone for some reason.  
Ebony the Black Dragon