Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Crossovers That Should Not Be 18: You'll have SO MANY CROSSOVERS! 400 CROSSOVERS!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Yes, I just did a CTSNB/Powerthirst crossover.
On that note, what happens when you give the Man Your Man Could Smell Like a can of Powerthirst?  Or The Most Interesting Man In The World?

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Atom Bomb of Courteous Debate. Get yours.

I've been writing a bit.
Er... This is thread 18. Thread 17 was just locked.

And we'll need to double-up on crossovers if we're going to hit 400 in a thread. We'll need lightining - real lightining! (Or rod-and-reel lightining - yes, I'm fishing for a crossover here.) Hmmm... 400 crossovers? Lunacy and madness!
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
...why, so it is.  YOU SAW NOTHING.  We've always been at war with Eastasia.  The Computer is your friend!
Speaking of crossovers, that'd be a horrible world to live on.
FAKE EDIT:  The Computer got me thinking about Alpha Complex, which got me thinking about other underground complexes.  Like the Vaults... Aperture Science... any dwarven city... or the Underdark.  Combine to your heart's content.
"...the clones delved too greedily and too deep.  You know what they awoke in the darkness below Alpha Complex... shadow and flame!"
REAL EDIT:  It's not a crossover, but I can't help but be amused at the concept of these two meeting.
Quote:"Bow before Darkseid."
"Kneel before Zod!"
"BOW BEFORE DARKSEID."
"KNEEL.  BEFORE.  ZOD!"
...especially when one of them- or a cheeky member of the audience- reverses the order...

I've been writing a bit.

The Wanderer

We've exchanged Richard Wilkins, Mayor of Sunnydale, with Havelock Vetinari, Patrician of Ankh-Morpork. Let's see which one adapts to his new environment better, and what consequences follow.

Necratoid

I'm pretty sure you could declare Aperture Science and the Alpha Complex as two Vaults in the south eastern US and no one would bat an eye.  Literally just assign them Vault numbers.  The biggest conflict is that Aperture Science has trees and a lawn outside.  Though that could just mean they have or can make G.E.C.K.s.
---
We've secretly swapped Slan of the Godhand with Pinkie Pie... lets see which universe breaks first.
Quote:Necratoid wrote:

I'm pretty sure you could declare Aperture Science and the Alpha Complex as two Vaults in the south eastern US and no one would bat an eye.  Literally just assign them Vault numbers.  The biggest conflict is that Aperture Science has trees and a lawn outside.  Though that could just mean they have or can make G.E.C.K.s.
Who says it's actually outside? All we have is brief views at the end of the two Portal games. For all we know, that's the next level of GlaDOS' testing, set in an enlarged greenhouse with an artificial sky.
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."
"Ranko Saotome? Come with me if you want to live."
...figuring out why the future Resistance thinks that "Ranko" Saotome is the mother of their Great Leader is going to fun. And probably involve a lot of Akane Smash.

Of course, there's other ways to play this, too:
"I'm Saotome. Sergeant Tech-Com, DN38416. Assigned to protect you. You've been targeted for termination."
"....RANMA NO BAKA!!!!"

And still more Terminator riffs:
"Listen, and understand. She is out there. She can't be bargained with. She can't be reasoned with. And while she does feel pity, remorse, even fear, that won't matter -- she absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are befriended."
Aaaand, that's the reason Nanoha isn't allowed to browse YouTube anymore.

Or:
"Agatha Heterodyne? Come with me if you want... to... what the hell did you do to that poor Terminator?"
Quote:SkyeFire wrote:
"Agatha Heterodyne? Come with me if you want... to... what the hell did you do to that poor Terminator?"
...no, no, no.  'Sarah Connor' is a young Agatha- she wouldn't be Sparking until at some point *after* that line.
For extra hilarity, Kyle Reese is now played by a Jager.

I've been writing a bit.
Shakugan no Sha-na-na -- Yuji Sakai finds himself thrust in the middle of the ages-old conflict between Doo-wop and Rap...
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Hari Potter and the Second Foundation

No explanation required, I trust.
--
Rob Kelk

Let's see what happens when we switch around the characters of Game of Thrones and Deadliest Catch.
Taylor Hebert: St Trinian's Girl.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
Would she even survive orientation? Taylor is... not exactly the type to step forward and assert her place in a pecking order. I suppose if you started her there well before canon so she had some semblance of a self image to start off from, but then you're pretty much just running a Taylor-shaped INO through the Worm setting, and might as well use a full OC or outright main-character-swap instead.
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
Do it the other way around, Drogn. Assume Taylor was /always/ a Trinian's girl, then put her back in her original series, freshly transferred to an unsuspecting new school.
That's... actually, most of what I wrote before, a Taylor In Name Only tossed into the canon environment. Might as well just replace her outright at that point.
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
Or worse. Taylor -after- Worm, tumbling through the universes to end up at a relatively normal St Trinian's...
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
Assuming Contessa's rather abrupt method of corrective surgery was successful, I would expect a post-series Taylor to NOPE the heck out of anything resembling a return to High School and give negative one hundred or so shits about anyone who tried to say otherwise.
--
The Lord of the Horcruxes, by J.K.R. Tolkien
-- Bob
---------
Today, we've secretly replaced Zangetsu (Bleach) with Zangetsu's henshin belt (Kamen Rider Gaim.) Let's see how long it takes before Ichigo has a shoulder loli nomming on him!

(Who is Kamen Rider Zangetsu? Take a look:
http:// youtu.be/v7kW3UXE9EM?t=13m25s
Then go back to the beginning and watch all the transformations, because fruit and nuts are the theme of all the Riders in this series, and it's hilarious)
--
We've secretly replaced Charlie and the Chocolate Factory's Mike Teavee with ReBoot's Mike the TV. Did anyone notice?
--
Rob Kelk

Sailor Mars
Yang Xiao Long
Recca Hanabishi
Princess Azula

When you need a target not just destroyed, but rendered into a fine white ash...
-- Bob
---------
Quote:Bob Schroeck wrote:
Sailor Mars
Yang Xiao Long
Recca Hanabishi
Princess Azula

When you need a target not just destroyed, but rendered into a fine white ash...
Might add Jean Grey and Beatriz Bonilla de Costa to that. For extra oomph.
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."
robkelk Wrote:We've secretly replaced Charlie and the Chocolate Factory's Mike Teavee with ReBoot's Mike the TV. Did anyone notice?

And while we're at it, let's switch around Charlie and the Chocolate Factory's Violet Beauregarde and A Series of Unfortunate Events's Violet Baudelaire, and see how long it takes for others in both continuities to notice!
"Sarah Connor fled across the desert, and the Terminator in Black followed."
In this fic, the Terminator will be played by Yule Brenner.

"You bring an army, I bring a zombie T-Rex. *That's* the Chicago way."
What if the Dresden Files were set during the era of Al Capone, Elliot Ness, and the Untouchables?

"Harry, what. The. HELL?!? You trashed an entire Hollywood studio, and *mangled* one of the most famous filmmakers in history!"
"Feh. I didn't kill him, so as far as the Council's concerned, I'm golden."
"Dammit, Harry, that's NOT THE POINT! You used *magic* to shove his HEAD up his ASS!"
"Just showing the world where his head really is."
"You--! Harry... c'mon, *talk* to me. This man was one of your *heroes*--"
"GEORGE LUCAS IS NO HERO OF MINE! Not since he made those, those... *prequels.*"
Harry Dresden as The People vs George Lucas.
Quote:SkyeFire wrote:
"You bring an army, I bring a zombie T-Rex. *That's* the Chicago way."
What if the Dresden Files were set during the era of Al Capone, Elliot Ness, and the Untouchables?
Is it bad that I mentally replaced "zombie T-Rex" with "Hulk", and made it an Avengers crossover?

I've been writing a bit.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13