Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crossovers That Should Not Be 19: Making no sense, right from the gecko

The Centerville Ghost in the Shell 

EDIT: The Canterville Ghost in the Shell. Effin' Autocorrect. 
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."

The 13 Ghosts in the Shell of Scooby-Doo

But who will play the role of Vincent Price

Quote:Rajvik wrote:
Aramaki, of course.  
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."

Botticelli's The Birth of Kusanagi.
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Inspired by an excursion we made on Friday:

The Staten Island Fairy Tale
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

We've just swapped Doctor Who's sonic screwdriver with Sonic the Hedgehog.  Because sonic.
Hilarity, of course, ensues.

"Bloody--!  Daleks DO NOT burst into masses of BOUNCING GOLDEN RINGS!"

Quote:Rajvik wrote:
This reminds me of a discussion in the "Friendship is Magic: the Gathering" group on FiMFiction.net. The topic was which of the five Shards of Alara each of the six equine heroines would be most at home on. The relevant bit:
Quote:Proginoskes: Of course [Pinkie Pie]'d be most comfortable on Grixis. But she'll probably spend her time helping out the Vitals when she's not forcing the zombies to act out the music video to "Thriller".
FanOfMostEverything: Pinkie Jackson is a glorious mental image, and I thank you for it. Especially since I can't help but imagine [Nicol] Bolas filling in for Vincent Price. After all, who would be better qualified to speak of the funk of forty thousand years?
For those not informed on matters M:tG, Grixis is a place of madness, decay, and undeath; Nicol Bolas is probably the most ancient being in the entire Multiverse (he's probably past his sixtieth millenium and shows no signs of slowing down).

We've just swapped Akatsuki (Naruto) with Akatsuki (Log Horizon). Yeah, let's seen Pein&Madara up against a real strategist (one who's NOT bugfuck crazy).

It's probably a bad thing that I would like to see a crossover between Monster Musume, and Golden Boy, just to see how fast they Nope each other....

Quote:SkyeFire wrote:
We've just swapped Doctor Who's sonic screwdriver with Sonic the Hedgehog.  Because sonic.
Hilarity, of course, ensues.

"Bloody--!  Daleks DO NOT burst into masses of BOUNCING GOLDEN RINGS!"
Of course not.There's supposed to be cute semi-anthro/furry creatures inside the metal boxes.:-{D

(I'm split over whether this is a Should or Should Not....)

Agatha Heterodyne is a Spark. Everyone knows that. But everyone only thought they knew why her Spark was so oddly powerful, and why she spent most of her life wearing a limiter. As it turns out, her mother's malicious influence was only part of the reason.
The rest of the reason is that Agatha's Spark is actually fused with the AllSpark. And the advance force of Autobots and Decepticons has just picked up the first emanations informing them of where the AllSpark ended up...

(so, yeah -- Girl Genius and Transformers. Probably a CTSNB, since the only real connection is the use of "Spark". But damn, wouldn't SteamPunkimus Prime, with a full set of Agatha'd upgrades, be something to see?)
EDIT:
So, something occurred to me this morning that perhaps makes it less of a "Should Not":  Let's say the Allspark landed on Earth millions of years ago, and its presence here was what lead the Autobots here, and the Ark crashing and all the 'bots and 'cons aboard going into stasis lock.
A few centuries ago (just before the age of Made Science began), the Allspark was damaged or reached a critical low point (Tunguska?  Krakatoa?).  Which no active Transformers to try to merge with, the AllSpark ended up fragmenting and scattering the fragments among human hosts in a sort of final survival gambit -- no single human was capable of hosting the entirety of the Allspark.
So, in a series of events that I just realized is reminiscent of Worm, we end up with Sparks, most driven mad to some degree by the damaged AllSpark fragments, with their obsessions and hyper-specializations.  But a few are stronger, more flexible, more compatible.  And over generations, their family lines adapt, or evolve, for greater strength and compatibility....
And here's the kicker:  Agatha's Spark is part of the AllSpark that was most closely connected to Optimus Prime.  Lucrezia's was Megatron's.  And it's just about time for the Great Reboot to happen....
(this, of course, means that EVERY Spark on the planet is at least potentially Headmaster/Powermaster/whatever material.  And they're equipped to potentially create new Transformers to merge with, rather than just team up with members of the small Ark cadre)

(I'm split over whether this is a Should or Should Not....)

Agatha Heterodyne is a Spark. Everyone knows that. But everyone only thought they knew why her Spark was so oddly powerful, and why she spent most of her life wearing a limiter. As it turns out, her mother's malicious influence was only part of the reason.
The rest of the reason is that Agatha's Spark is actually fused with the AllSpark. And the advance force of Autobots and Decepticons has just picked up the first emanations informing them of where the AllSpark ended up...

(so, yeah -- Girl Genius and Transformers. Probably a CTSNB, since the only real connection is the use of "Spark". But damn, wouldn't SteamPunkimus Prime, with a full set of Agatha'd upgrades, be something to see?)
From a considerable distance, preferably.

SkyeFire Wrote:...
And here's the kicker:  Agatha's Spark is part of the AllSpark that was most closely connected to Optimus Prime.  Lucrezia's was Megatron's.  And it's just about time for the Great Reboot to happen....
(this, of course, means that EVERY Spark on the planet is at least potentially Headmaster/Powermaster/whatever material.  And they're equipped to potentially create new Transformers to merge with, rather than just team up with members of the small Ark cadre)
Considering that in her canon Agatha can create robots with the ability to create other robots, are you sure that this isn't a Crossover That Already Is?
--
Rob Kelk

Well, we haven't seen any transforming... yet. So probably not, but it's still possible.

Well, we haven't seen any transforming... yet. So probably not, but it's still possible.
Au contraire, I'm afraid.  And that was nine years ago, real time.  How quickly we forget!
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.

Quote:DHBirr wrote:
Au contraire, I'm afraid.  And that was nine years ago, real time.  How quickly we forget!
  I actually thought about the Battle Circus, but didn't recall the degree of the transformation -- I recalled it as being more pop-out weapons systems, rather than actual anthro-style transformations.  That's what I get for working from memory.  That said, those are still pretty minimal transformations, as compared to actual Cybertronian Transformers.  So Agatha's Spark is obviously still in its Beta phase.  Smile

Stolen from Arbane the Terrible on forums.rpg.net
(Caption: Avengers HQ)
Quote:Dr. Strange: "My friends, you have done well, but my divinations have
revealed a potentially worse threat than the one that united our two
universes - a paradox which, if triggered, could unravel all existence!"
(Projected pictures of two people: a grinning, bucktoothed young woman
standing in front of one foot of an unconscious kaiju, and a bald man
smashing a Sentinel to scrap with an apathetic expression.)
"Until our two worlds are disentangled, we must not let Squirrel Girl and ...'Caped Baldy' meet!"

SkyeFire Wrote:We've just swapped Doctor Who's sonic screwdriver with Sonic the Hedgehog.  Because sonic.
Well, at least we know where they'll eat (that's a drive-in, so they'll need a car) and whose music will be playing in the background...
--
Rob Kelk

Sword Art Online and Girls und Panzer. That would go pretty dark, pretty quick.

I also thought about SAO and The Gamer, but the latter is already almost an inversion of the former -- where the real world begins to behave by game-world rules.

Ah, but what if you start with SAO, and later on when they get out of the simulation the MC notices that they've still got the interface...

Quote:Hazard wrote:
Ah, but what if you start with SAO, and later on when they get out of the simulation the MC notices that they've still got the interface...
   ... you are Philip K Dick, and I claim my five dollars.

Sword Art Online and Girls und Panzer. That would go pretty dark, pretty quick.

I also thought about SAO and The Gamer, but the latter is already almost an inversion of the former -- where the real world begins to behave by game-world rules.
i have seen something similar to this on sufficient velocity where after season 3/4 (SAO:II) they end up in a war game world because someone hacked the lockouts on the new equipment.....someone killed it i think arguing that the rebuild from the original headset to the new headset made the lockout threat impossible, but the problem is the mechanic of interaction says that you will always have that possible problem because the headset has to be able to 1)interact with your brainwaves and 2) stop the flow of the nerve impulses of your voluntary muscles to your body while not stopping your involuntary muscles. My background playing Shadowrun calls this the ASSIST device

Hmm. So... just spitballing here.

After SAO, most of the school-age graduates were concentrated on a single school which would otherwise have been closed. So let's suppose that that was Oorai. And as a longer term way to keep the school open, the Student Council are still reviving Tankery. Set this a little after the Fairy Dance Arc.

As someone with leadership experience, Asuna is asked by the council to join the team, joining Mio's actual experience of tanks. But training is tapping into their budget too hard. Cue Asuna talking to Kazuto - who can't play since he's a boy - and he uses the Seed he got from Kayaba to build them a VR training sim. Thus Oorai's team get a lot of experience in a hurry, as the model is refined by comparisons to the real life practises.

With funds still limited, the Student Council get the idea of opening the game up to 'open beta' with a modest subscription fee. And much of the tankery community jumps in, not knowing the game's origins. (The income allows an additional tank to be bought by Oorai, thus Asuna and her crew - Liz, Silica, maybe Argo? - have something to drive. Something russian perhaps). Also to save costs, several other classes start playing out inside simulations. Suddenly the cost of new text books almost vanishes - buy once in electronic format and share across the school. Drama class suddenly has the best sets ever.

As a result the finals begin and not only are Oorai just a bit more practised but also a lot of rivalries from inside the MMO suddenly take life outside the game. Also Oorai is picking up funding as the 'school of the future' taking full advantage of virtual reality.
Edit:

I did a little more thinking and this could work, with the events of GuP spread across the school year (championship matches in September, November, January and March). Shino/Sinon might transfer into Oorai for the final term of her junior year, and Yuuki would be attending remotely at the same time.
And while it might be badass for Kirito and Klein to hold back an entire guild from the boss chamber while the Sleeping Knights go in, perhaps Kirito should use his harem powers for good and have fifty or so Oorai students turning up with him as an army to ensure their Asuna-hime isn't taken advantage of.
D for Drakensis

You're only young once, but immaturity is forever.

Note; cost for textbooks won't vanish.

They'll just charge every student independently.