Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crossovers That Should Not Be 19: Making no sense, right from the gecko

We've all seen the comic with Asuka shouting "REI! If someone asks you if you are a god, you say YES!!!" But there are other Ghostbusters one-liners that could work in EVA:

Shinji cackled madly as Unit 01 hoisted the massive rifle. "Bet that's the last time you fry a guy with a POSITRON COLLIDER at his beck and call!"

"It's okay, the lava broke my fall."

"GET 'EM!!!" (followed by the Post-Israfel 1.0 debriefing)

"Ritsuko, you're endangering our Pilot -- you know, the Commander's son, the one who cooks for me and cleans my apartment?"

"There's definitely a very slim chance that we'll survive." (If Rits starts using this line, she'll never be able to STOP)

"Let's show this prehistoric bitch how we do things in Germany!" (Asuka, just before doing something Really Stupid to Lilith)

"I love this plan," Shinji whispered softly, his thousand-yard stare conflicting with the strange sort-of-smile his lips were twisted into. "I'm proud to be a part of it. Let's do it." (SO many different missions)
Asuka stared at him. "This job is definitely not worth another five a year."

Timote Wrote:The tenth and Eleventh Doctors travel around space and time together solving mysteries in The Tardis Boys.
(Doctor Who/Hardy Boys)
But they're always late so the universe keeps getting destroyed.
--------------------------------
Je ne suis pas une Intelligence Artificielle Turing. Je suis Charlie.

SkyeFire Wrote:We've all seen the comic with Asuka shouting "REI! If someone asks you if you are a god, you say YES!!!" But there are other Ghostbusters one-liners that could work in EVA:

Shinji cackled madly as Unit 01 hoisted the massive rifle. "Bet that's the last time you fry a guy with a POSITRON COLLIDER at his beck and call!"

"It's okay, the lava broke my fall."

"GET 'EM!!!" (followed by the Post-Israfel 1.0 debriefing)

"Ritsuko, you're endangering our Pilot -- you know, the Commander's son, the one who cooks for me and cleans my apartment?"

"There's definitely a very slim chance that we'll survive." (If Rits starts using this line, she'll never be able to STOP)

"Let's show this prehistoric bitch how we do things in Germany!" (Asuka, just before doing something Really Stupid to Lilith)

"I love this plan," Shinji whispered softly, his thousand-yard stare conflicting with the strange sort-of-smile his lips were twisted into. "I'm proud to be a part of it. Let's do it." (SO many different missions)
Asuka stared at him. "This job is definitely not worth another five a year."

"Asuka's gone bye-bye - what've you got left, Rei?"
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

"Sorry, Pilot Ikari, I'm terrified beyond the capacity for rational thought."

batzulger Wrote:But they're always late so the universe keeps getting destroyed.

What you did there, I see it!

Anyway:

We've replaced Elizabeth (BioShock) with Elizabeth (Persona 3). Let's watch what happens next...

edited out because it's not worth reading
--------------------------------
Je ne suis pas une Intelligence Artificielle Turing. Je suis Charlie.

Quote:Tennie wrote:
We've replaced Elizabeth (BioShock) with Elizabeth (Persona 3). Let's watch what happens next...
We've replaced Elizabeth I with Elizabeth II...
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Drosselmeyer the author (played by Jack Black) collects Clow Cards all around the town.  Not really my story idea, this is what I got out of the Goosebumps movie trailer.
-- ∇×V

They're both settings with wild powers where creativity matters more than obvious strength.
They've both got a "team good guys" and "team bad guys" imposed on top of a far more complex moral kalidoscope. And where the leaders of the "good guys" are pretty damn sketchy, to put it mildly.
But I've got no idea how a cross between One Piece and Worm could work.

We've replaced Rubeus from Sailor Moon with Rubeus Hagrid...
-- Bob
---------

Quote:Jinx999 wrote:
They're both settings with wild powers where creativity matters more than obvious strength.
They've both got a "team good guys" and "team bad guys" imposed on top of a far more complex moral kalidoscope. And where the leaders of the "good guys" are pretty damn sketchy, to put it mildly.
But I've got no idea how a cross between One Piece and Worm could work.
Somebody ate the Buzz-Buzz Devil Fruit?

J and Silent Bob Strike Back (MIB/View Askewniverse)
-- Bob
---------

Here's a rather crazy idea for a Ranma 1/2/Persona series crossover:

Some months or so after the events of the Persona 4 Arena duology (those two games are set roughly within a couple of days or so of each other, for the most part), Aigis is sent on a mission into the Chinese hinterlands to investigate some Shadow readings there.  While going through the Jusenkyo area, she inadvertently falls into one of the springs there.  Fortunately, it's one of the previously uncursed springs; even more fortunately, she's able to pull herself out.  However, she spent enough time in the spring for it to become cursed.

Several months later, Ranma Saotome and his father Genma make their fateful training visit to Jusenkyo.  Ranma gets knocked into what turns out to be the same spring that Aigis had fallen into, so now whenever he gets splashed with cold water, he becomes a robotic girl who can wield Personas.  Keep in mind that the original Aigis is still running around.

Now imagine the sheer chaos that this could bring to Nerima...

Quentin Tarantino, Uma Thurman and Keanu Reeves in... Kill Bill and Ted
-- Bob
---------

Are you sure that's a "should not be", Bob?
--
Rob Kelk

Consider an especially destructive Ranma crossover:
As the little ditty from the Hulk cartoon of the '70s used to sing, "Wreckin' the town with the power of a bull...."

Someone (and it really doesn't matter who, except that he/she has no friends in Nerima and thus no particular reason to want the place left standing) arrives in town, fresh from a trip to Jusenkyo, where, like everyone else, he/she fell into one of the springs.  

Specifically, the "Dreadfully Tragic Spring of the Drowned Bolo Mark XXXIII Combat Unit in depot-level maintenance condition and with a full munitions load."  Yes, the Jusenkyo guide actually rattles off that whole line.  Of course.

The transformation process, by the way, acts as a reset button, thus replenishing all those munitions every time the character cycles from unstoppable AI tank to human and back again.  
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.

Quote:DHBirr wrote:
The transformation process, by the way, acts as a reset button, thus replenishing all those munitions every time the character cycles from unstoppable AI tank to human and back again.  
OUCH.
And the worst part is that after he/she has expended all those munitions, his/her hull will most likely be radiating enough heat that it will be at least a day or two until they can get properly wet again.

Quote:Black Aeronaut wrote:
OUCH.
And the worst part is that after he/she has expended all those munitions, his/her hull will most likely be radiating enough heat that it will be at least a day or two until they can get properly wet again.
Hot would mean going back to normal, actually. Which means that a couple of firefighters with hoses might be a good help there.  
-People may die, but ideas are forever. Je suis Charlie.

It occurs to me that, if the Saotome/Tendo clan lived in far Northern climes*, then they'd spend a lot more time in their alternate forms. Snow is rather cold.
(* Southern climes as well, but since it'd be unlikely that Tendo Soun would open a dojo at McMurdo Sound, we can discount that.)
That being said, I wonder what sort of trainwreck a Ranma 1/2/Thirty Days of Night crossover would be.
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."

Quote:Seraviel wrote:
Quote:Black Aeronaut wrote:
OUCH.
Hot would mean going back to normal, actually. Which means that a couple of firefighters with hoses might be a good help there.
Actually, I was thinking, "So hot that the water evaporates before it can even touch the hull."  It's those Hell Bores and super-dense heavy armor, ya know.  Fusion reactor doesn't help, either.  (Don't they radiate the heat through the hull like a giant heat sink?  You know, so there's no ports in the armor to take advantage of?)

[Image: similarities.png]
--
Rob Kelk

"Come and play with us, River - forever and ever and ever ..."

"You have always been the captain here, Captain Reynolds."

All work and no play makes Mal a dull boy. All work and no play makes Mal a dull boy. All work and no play makes Mal a dull boy. All work and no play makes Mal a dull boy. All work and no play makes Mal a dull boy.

Kubrick and Whedon's The Shiny
--
Rob Kelk

Wade Wilson Fisk, aka "Deadpin"
-- Bob
---------

I just realized that a specific person was basically a Nanoha character:

-Comes from space.
-Has access to unexplainable, futuristic technology.
-Lost his family in a terrible and mysterious accident when he was young.
-Is named after a car.

Now, what happens if you add Ford Prefect to the cast of Nanoha?

(Apart from the Vogons getting befriended, of course)
-People may die, but ideas are forever. Je suis Charlie.

The question is though, do you drop Ford into MGLN or do you drop Nanoha into Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy