Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crossovers That Should Not Be 20: One token-Ringu to network them all

Screw that.

Harry Potter and the Deadpool

The Defense Against the Dark Arts class (as well as the rest of Hogwarts... and the wizarding world in general) is never gonna be the same again.

Okay, how about this:
I posed with my well-used but lovingly-maintained S&W .44 Magnum, and smirked at my reflection in the mirror.  "So... do you feel lucky, Karrin?"
Murphy gave me her patented "Dresden, you're a dork" look.  "'Dirty Harry Dresden'?  You do recall what happened to all your uncle's partners, right?"
"But Murph!" I protested.  "The one who was smart enough to wear a vest full-time lived.  And you're definitely at least the second-smartest person on this team."
Karrin's expression barely changed.  "Just for that, someone's not getting lucky tonight."
"Awwww, Murph--!"

Explanation:  No sane judge would let "Dirty Harry" Callahan, Harry Dresden's only surviving relative, have custody, so HD still went into the system.  But he eventually inherited his uncle's gear after Callahan died (or vanished) in the 2nd Great San Francisco Fire (which was probably Callahan's fault, at least partly).  Apparently, a love for big Smith revolvers is inheritable.

Bonus round:  Haryy's .44-loving uncle was that infamous Dirty Harry parody, Sledge Hammer ("This is a man who talks to his gun!").

And now for something completely different...

"There is no Great Barrier Reef."
- Finding Neo
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Just to see what goes BOOM, lets swap a pair of Lovely Angels, and their cat(?), with a trio of fillies looking for their Cutie-Marks.

Just remember, IT'S NOT OUR FAULT!

Quote:Manytales00 wrote:
Just to see what goes BOOM, lets swap a pair of Lovely Angels, and their cat(?), with a trio of fillies looking for their Cutie-Marks.

Just remember, IT'S NOT OUR FAULT!
3WA supervisor: "Where did you even find that much tree sap?  You were on a space station!"

'Shipment of raw maple syrup the suspect ran into.'

My Dinner With Andre the Giant

(Although if Wallace and Andre start talking about The Princess Bride it might become "Should Be"...)
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

And here's one I didn't come up with -- YouTube popped it up on its list of recommendations when I went in today. Imagine, if you can, a Borged Pony. He calls himself Loquacious of Herd.

-- Bob
---------

"The football's gone! You got some 'splaining to do!"
- I Love Lucy Van Pelt
--
Rob Kelk

[Image: b0c26931834fdaff0deee607195388ea7cec40c9.png]
-- Bob
---------

Clearly that vitameatavegamin was potent stuff.
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."

My brain came out with a bad idea, and I just had to write it down.

Her mother had died a couple of years before, and just a few days ago, her father had joined her in death. The fact was that they had just buried him that morning and now she was on her way out of Brockton Bay. Her mother had a cousin though, that Taylor would be living with now, an government agent of some sort who had recently married a man with three daughters of his own. She hoped that she wouldn’t be a burden on them, but she had talked to cousin Lucy on the phone and she had been both consoling and happy to be meeting her. She had arranged the ticket for Taylor’s flight and was supposed to be waiting at the airport when Taylor arrived, the chirp of the plane’s wheels touching down on the tarmac brought Taylor out of her introspection and back to reality. She was no longer in Brockton Bay, no longer subject to the trio’s machinations, or the school’s non-caring attitude. A new city, a new home, a new life, and God what she wouldn’t give to have been back there putting up with all of it just to have her parents back for just one second.

The thoughts of her parents carried her off the plane and towards the baggage claim where she spotted a tall spare redhead in a blue dress standing with a multicolored sign that had her name on it. Walking up to her Taylor spoke, “That’s me,” the first words to have left her mouth other than perfunctory yes’s and no’s since the funeral. Surprise and shock filled her though as the woman dropped the sign and swept her up in a bone crushing hug.

“Oh Taylor, I’m so sorry,” she said squeezing the girl then holding her at arm’s length. “I guess we need to grab your bags and then get to the house. The girls and Grue are waiting for us, Agnes especially.”

“No other bags, figured everything else that I had could be shipped or stored with the rest of the stuff from the house.” Taylor replied with a slight cringe. Most of the stuff from her house in Brockton Bay had been sold or would be with the house, some having sentimental value had been shipped to a storage facility in her new city, and the rest minus a week’s worth of clothes had been shipped to Lucy and Grue’s home. Hefting the duffle bag that she had as a carry-on Taylor continued. “A week’s worth of clothes and personal toiletries that will get me through until the rest gets here all fit in a carry-on, so I’m ready when you are.”

Lucy nodded, “Very efficient, just like both your parents the last time I saw them. Well let’s get a move on, the girls have a welcoming party planned and I know that no matter what happens that Kevin, Bob and Stuart will want to meet you as well.”

Taylor looked at Lucy, “I thought Grue had three girls, Margo, Edith, and Agnes?” she asked.

“Oh he does,” Lucy answered guiding her to a small blue car in the airport parking lot. “Kevin, Bob, and Stuart are Grue’s three top minions who spend the most time around the girls. Between them and Doctor Nefarious, well, let’s just say that there is never a dull moment around the house.”

Blink, blink.
Fund it.

[Image: ffd2685131463a290beeb509eff271f4d5c11e52.jpg]
-- Bob
---------

We've secretly replaced Ted Cruz with Penélope Cruz - let's see whether anyone notices.
--
Rob Kelk

Quote:Rajvik wrote:
My brain came out with a bad idea, and I just had to write it down.

Her mother had died a couple of years before, and just a few days ago, her father had joined her in death. The fact was that they had just buried him that morning and now she was on her way out of Brockton Bay. Her mother had a cousin though, that Taylor would be living with now, an government agent of some sort who had recently married a man with three daughters of his own. She hoped that she wouldn’t be a burden on them, but she had talked to cousin Lucy on the phone and she had been both consoling and happy to be meeting her. She had arranged the ticket for Taylor’s flight and was supposed to be waiting at the airport when Taylor arrived, the chirp of the plane’s wheels touching down on the tarmac brought Taylor out of her introspection and back to reality. She was no longer in Brockton Bay, no longer subject to the trio’s machinations, or the school’s non-caring attitude. A new city, a new home, a new life, and God what she wouldn’t give to have been back there putting up with all of it just to have her parents back for just one second.

The thoughts of her parents carried her off the plane and towards the baggage claim where she spotted a tall spare redhead in a blue dress standing with a multicolored sign that had her name on it. Walking up to her Taylor spoke, “That’s me,” the first words to have left her mouth other than perfunctory yes’s and no’s since the funeral. Surprise and shock filled her though as the woman dropped the sign and swept her up in a bone crushing hug.

“Oh Taylor, I’m so sorry,” she said squeezing the girl then holding her at arm’s length. “I guess we need to grab your bags and then get to the house. The girls and Grue are waiting for us, Agnes especially.”

“No other bags, figured everything else that I had could be shipped or stored with the rest of the stuff from the house.” Taylor replied with a slight cringe. Most of the stuff from her house in Brockton Bay had been sold or would be with the house, some having sentimental value had been shipped to a storage facility in her new city, and the rest minus a week’s worth of clothes had been shipped to Lucy and Grue’s home. Hefting the duffle bag that she had as a carry-on Taylor continued. “A week’s worth of clothes and personal toiletries that will get me through until the rest gets here all fit in a carry-on, so I’m ready when you are.”

Lucy nodded, “Very efficient, just like both your parents the last time I saw them. Well let’s get a move on, the girls have a welcoming party planned and I know that no matter what happens that Kevin, Bob and Stuart will want to meet you as well.”

Taylor looked at Lucy, “I thought Grue had three girls, Margo, Edith, and Agnes?” she asked.

“Oh he does,” Lucy answered guiding her to a small blue car in the airport parking lot. “Kevin, Bob, and Stuart are Grue’s three top minions who spend the most time around the girls. Between them and Doctor Nefarious, well, let’s just say that there is never a dull moment around the house.”
....okay, the thought of the Minions vs the WormVerse gives me an idea.  We've seen 'fic authors try Xanatos Gambits, The Power of Friendship, and More Power to overcome the inherent darkness of the Wormverse.  But... what about a sort of  conceptual aikido?  I mean, the Entities want conflict, right?  So what we flooded the Wormverse in harmless conflict?  Bugs Bunny, Wile E Coyote, ACME as the premier dealer in weapons and Tinkertech, Inspector Gadget, the Three Stooges, etc.  The Shards want conflict, we give 'em conflict!  The kind where the heroes and villains get together at the bar after clocking out and have some friendly smack-talk and point-counting before going home for the night, and no one gets killed, and the psychological harm just gets sort of... elided... by whatever keeps turning all the violence into parody and pie-throwing.

Today, on Crossovers that should not be...
We've secretly replaced Gendo Ikari with Keiichi Ikari - let's see how much things change.
Also, for bonus points, we could say tell Gendo there was a typo in his name, then replace him by Hikari, or Hikari. I'm pretty sure they could do as good a job as the original.
-People may die, but ideas are forever. Je suis Charlie.

Hikari would probably do better even though, and maybe because she's a teenager

We could always replace the Reiquarium with a King Sized bed, and burry it with stuffed rag-dolls.
Yes, we would have to replace Rei as well.

Some how, that would just add to Gendo's Creep Factor.

Song lyrics that should not be:

Everybody's gone smurfing,
Smurfing USA

--
Rob Kelk

Quote:robkelk wrote:
Song lyrics that should not be:
Everybody's gone smurfing,
Smurfing USA
The new film from Lloyd Kaufman: Smurf Nazis Must Die!"  
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."

Captain Jack Harkness lands in Equestria.  The entire realm goes R-rated (or worse) in short order.  After all, Ponies are cute, and Jack is... well, the closest thing the Whoniverse has to an actual incubus.
Addendum:  the Changeling invasion is resolved swiftly and amicably when Jack heroically volunteers to provide enough "love" for the entire species.  Chrysalis bravely volunteers to be his "primary point of contact," for the sake of her people....

Courtesy of today's XKCD:

[Image: famous_duos.png]

Quote:Courtesy of today's XKCD:
Mouseover text: "The Romeo and Butt-Head film actually got two thumbs up from Siskel and Oates."
--
Rob Kelk

Sherlock Holmes and Silent Bob would be awesome. Benedict Cumberbatch and Kevin Smith, together again for the first time.

(Jay and Dr. Watson, not so much. Although I could imagine that 15 minutes into the film, Watson would shoot Jay up with morphine just for a moment's quiet.)
-- Bob
---------