Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Crossovers that should not be: Reigning in (the) Chaos
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Acclaim Entertainment, in collaboration with a drugged and tortured James Cameron, present Turok: Return To Pandora.
"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies
Wiredgeek Wrote:Acclaim Entertainment, in collaboration with a drugged and tortured James Cameron, present Turok: Return To Pandora.

The Son of Stone would totally pwn Pandora.

Following along with another old Acclaim Comics (and Gold Key before that) title: a mutant with control over magnetism is trained to combat automata in the far future.

Magnus: Robot Fighter
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."
And to complete the Gold Key/Valiant trinity:
Doctor Dolittle: Man of the Atom
--Sam
"Elf finger magic.  I hate that."
In a Petshop in Tokyo, we have replaced the propriettor, Count D, with a Vampire D.
Lets see if any of the Customers notice... 
Empowered/Watchmen.
She and Roscharch would not get on well.
Jinx999 Wrote:Empowered/Watchmen.
She and Roscharch would not get on well.

I don't know if you've noticed, but Rorshach's a sociopath. He doesn't get along with anyone. But I see your point.
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."
  As he blinked away the after-images of that rather gratuitously over-powered takedown, he discovered that the target of said takedown was still alive and moving somewhat, although rather the worse for wear.  And smoking.  With a twist of will, he threw some of his heaviest restraint constructs around the perp -- if that shot hadn't vaporised its target, then either the target was insanely tough, or the shooter was right up there in the top tenth percentile of skill among the heavy-hitters he'd worked with over his long and varied career.  And, speak of the devil, here she came now (and just how far had she managed to make that shot from?  Wow), a young woman in blue-trimmed white with long brown hair and carrying a long dangerous-looking cross between a spear and a plasma lance.  Which she was very carefully not pointing in anyone's direction, although he could tell at a glance she was too skilled a combatant for that to make a major difference.  Still, as long as she was trying to be polite....
"Good afternoon, miss.  I'm Hal Jordan, Green Lantern of Sector 2814.  I don't want to sound rude, but could I ask who you are, who this is (with a chin-jerk at his prisoner), and what the two of you are doing in my jurisdiction?"
  She actually managed the cutest little embarrassed foot-scuffle in midair, which slightly dented her professional demeanor.  But she straightened right up and bowed to him, Japanese-style.  "Good afternoon, Jordan-san.  I am Taka-- er, Nanoha Takamichi, of the Time-Space Administration Bureau.  And this individual, I'm afraid," she frowned disapprovingly at Hal's prisoner, which seemed to take all the fight right out of... him?  Her?  It?  Hal honestly wasn't sure, not that it mattered.  "This individual, I'm afraid," Ms. Takamichi finished, "is an escapee from my jurisdiction."
  "Ah," Hal said, enlightened.  "Well, I'm always glad to help out a fellow peacekeeper."  He scratched the back of his head, trying to think of the last time he'd been in quite this situation.  "However, I'm sure you understand that I'll need to confirm your identity and jurisdictional authority before I can just hand the suspect over."
  "Um..." Takamichi looked chagrined.  "I understand entirely, but that could, ah... be a bit of a problem...."

On Oa, Ganthet was rubbing his temples as if fighting an incipient migraine.  "No Boom today, Boom tomorrow.  There's always a Boom tomorrow."

WengFook

Skyefire that is a do want crossover Big Grin
"In loudest din, in hush profound..."
WengFook Wrote:Skyefire that is a do want crossover Big Grin
Well, I was thinking about the size of the potential explosions involved.  Especially if they fall into the comic-book cliche of "good guys meet each other, then beat the crap out of each other before realizing they should be allies."  NOBODY wants holes that big blown in their space-time continuum. 
Although the image of Nanoha trying to "befriend" the entire Corps (or, ghod forbid, one of the OTHER-color Corps now running about the DCU) has a certain OMGWTFBBQ appeal....

Herr Bad Moon

In a similar vein

http://www.accessdenied-rms.net/forums/forumimportfiles/dff35 ... 78bdc5.jpg][Image: dff35f8c887d981b8690e08c71bb5af9278bdc5_t.gif]
---
Jon
"And that must have caused my dad's brain to break in half, replaced by a purely mechanical engine of revenge!"
As long as we're offering multi-colored Crossovers That Should Not Be, here's one from a particular IWIW thread:

[Image: SailorCorps.jpg]
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
SkyeFire Wrote:Although the image of Nanoha trying to "befriend" the entire Corps (or, ghod forbid, one of the OTHER-color Corps now running about the DCU) has a certain OMGWTFBBQ appeal....
It's only when she successfully befriends the Red Lanterns that you need to worry...
--
Rob Kelk

Quote:As long as we're offering multi-colored Crossovers That Should Not Be, here's one from a particular IWIW thread:

I swear to god, my eyes are bugging out of my head at the outfit Moon's wearing.
Seconded.  And the pose doesnt help either.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children

WengFook

SkyeFire Wrote:Well, I was thinking about the size of the potential explosions involved.  Especially if they fall into the comic-book cliche of "good guys meet each other, then beat the crap out of each other before realizing they should be allies."  NOBODY wants holes that big blown in their space-time continuum. 
Although the image of Nanoha trying to "befriend" the entire Corps (or, ghod forbid, one of the OTHER-color Corps now running about the DCU) has a certain OMGWTFBBQ appeal....
Well who needs the DCU time space continuum, it never really worked right after all the crises anyways. Big Grin
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
Wiredgeek Wrote:I swear to god, my eyes are bugging out of my head at the outfit Moon's wearing.
The violet lanterns have... issues with their costumes. Usagi's is kind of tame in comparison.
-------------
Epsilon
Quote:The violet lanterns have... issues with their costumes. Usagi's is kind of tame in comparison.

Yes, but Usagi doesn't appear likely to haul off and de-skull me because I failed to buy her chocolates.

The violet lanterns have Issues, period, IMO.

-WG, spent two solid hours on LanternWiki
ECSNorway Wrote:
Star Ranger4 Wrote:Seconded.  And the pose doesnt help either.
My eyes slide right past it to drool over Mars, as usual. Smile
That's fine... my eyes are heading in the other direction.

(What does it say about me that I think the happy, fully-clothed women are the sexiest?)

Ah, yes - inspired by the "We Didn't Get The Liscence" (sic) thread over in General: Mekton Zeta-Jones
--
Rob Kelk

It says that you're a Mercury or Jupiter fan, Rob.

Which, y'know. Welcome to the family.
===========

===============================================
"V, did you do something foolish?"
"Yes, and it was glorious."
and from the 'completely different' files, I still want to see a Season 6 NCIS/Season 4 CSI crossover.. I'd love to see Greg/Abby played out on the big screen.
Valles Wrote:It says that you're a Mercury or Jupiter fan, Rob.

Which, y'know. Welcome to the family.
Well, yeah. (If only they were a decade older... and interested in a threesome... and interested in someone like me... and, most importantly, real...)
--
Rob Kelk

Rob, for some reason that image everyone's talking about doesn't even show up as a placeholder on my end.
I'm... actually hearing Dub!Ami saying "All will be well." in my head... it's like reading MSLN Dummies and HEARING John Wayne deliver all of General Roland's lines.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12