Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Crossovers that should not be: Reigning in (the) Chaos
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Coincidentally, it was a reread of SotS that inspired that. Although I wasn't imagining it as also being an Utena mix. But if I were, of course Kyon would be the Rose Bride. And the Prince would be Imouto-chan. Or maybe not.
robkelk Wrote:"Given Princess Emeraude's fate in the series, I can hear the wailing and gnashing of teeth now."

Come on, it's not like that happens to *everyone* who's a pillar.

I'm thinking that pillar-Haruhi is probably a decently powerful supernatural entity in her own right, since the world hasn't gone into a total cataclysm cycle despite her not being at all focused on the job. (And, in fact, not aware that she's got the job.)

But since what influences her influences the world... Well, you get the sort of thing that happens in the series. `.`

On another note, here's one from "Had a weird dream theater":

Dragonriders of Pern/Naruto.

-Morgan.
Bob Schroeck Wrote:We've replaced Kurumi Tendo with Steel Angel Kurumi. Let's see if any of the cast of Ranma 1/2 notice anything beyond her getting taller...
Pink hair and bustier?
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell
Based on a typo I can't seem to stop making:
Neon Genesis Evangeline McDowell.
-----------------
Epsilon
Evangeline (sans all limiters) vs. Zeruel. No contest.
EDIT: Now that I think about it, LCL is Lilith's blood.  And Evangeline is a vampire...
-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.
Quote:Pink hair and bustier?
Given the history of most Ranma characters when it comes to attention to detail, I'm expecting that to whiz right by them.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
ordnance11 Wrote:
Bob Schroeck Wrote:We've replaced Kurumi Tendo with Steel Angel Kurumi. Let's see if any of the cast of Ranma 1/2 notice anything beyond her getting taller...
Pink hair and bustier?
"Pink hair"? Now I'm thinking of grown-up Chibi-Usa getting caught in this swap...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
In honor of its new restoration, I've replaced Superman's Metropolis with Fritz Lang's Metropolis. This is going to be interesting to watch.
-----
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.
He's a notable badass, brutal but charismatic and wears an impressive hat.
Jayne.
Now who else do you know that are also badass, brutal but charismatic and wear an impressive hats.
Jagerkin
We're replaced Jayne (Firefly) with Jain (The Silver Metal Lover). Let's see if anyone notices.
Jorlem Wrote:In honor of its new restoration, I've replaced Superman's Metropolis with Fritz Lang's Metropolis. This is going to be interesting to watch.
They've done that one as an Elseworlds comic.
--Sam
"SPOON!"

The Wanderer

We've exchanged Ash Ketchum with Ashley J. "Ash" Williams. Let's see what happens.

(The original idea was to put Ash Williams in Pokemon, but it could work just as well - if very differently - the other way around.)
Evil Midnight Lurker Wrote:
Jorlem Wrote:In honor of its new restoration, I've replaced Superman's Metropolis with Fritz Lang's Metropolis. This is going to be interesting to watch.
They've done that one as an Elseworlds comic.
--Sam
"SPOON!"
Really? I didn't know that. Cool.
-----
Here we are: it is in fact called Superman's Metropolis. Smile
--Sam
"Water.  People swim... in water!"
The Wanderer Wrote:We've exchanged Ash Ketchum with Ashley J. "Ash" Williams. Let's see what happens.

(The original idea was to put Ash Williams in Pokemon, but it could work just as well - if very differently - the other way around.)

"Good... bad... I'm the one with the Pokéball."

Of course, you know this requires a Zombie Team Rocket...
--
Rob Kelk

Quote:We're replaced Jayne (Firefly) with Jain (The Silver Metal Lover). Let's see if anyone notices.
We've replaced Jane Jetson with Jayne from Firely. Let's see how many microseconds it takes someone to notice.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Jenova Silverstar

robkelk Wrote:
ordnance11 Wrote:
Pink hair and bustier?
"Pink hair"? Now I'm thinking of grown-up Chibi-Usa getting caught in this swap...
You mean like this:
[Image: Burlesque_ish_Sailor_ChibiMoon_by_CandyRobot.jpg]
Burlesque-ish Sailor ChibiMoon
by =CandyRobot on deviantART
"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened."
--Dr. Seuss
Sabrina the Teenage Witch/Mage: The Ascension

Keeping her magic secret is important not because of mortal paranoia, but because of Paradox accumulation. Her spells go awry because she's burning off Paradox flaws. The linen closet is actually a Shallowing. The Victorian house is their Sanctum which is why the aunts can use their magic but she's in a school surrounded by mortals. What would be coincidental magic at home becomes vulgar without witnesses at school. The Other Realm is the Umbra. She can go to Mars, because Mars is actually a Spirit Realm.
As a matter of mild curiosity, is there any fictional character that Harry Potter has not been raised by in some fanfic or the other?
Hanse Davion? Richard Sharpe? Ayla?

Herr Bad Moon

Hunter Gathers. Kronos Demon Prince of Fate, Jack Ryan, Fiona of Amber, Baron Klaus Wulfenbach, Splinter, Matron Baenre, Ellie Bartowski.

Kinda fun game, actually.
---
Jon
"And that must have caused my dad's brain to break in half, replaced by a purely mechanical engine of revenge!"
Do we lose points if someone finds a fic using a character we mentioned?
Jinx999 Wrote:As a matter of mild curiosity, is there any fictional character that Harry Potter has not been raised by in some fanfic or the other?
Clark & Lois Kent? Haruhi Suzumiya?

Jinx999 Wrote:Do we lose points if someone finds a fic using a character we mentioned?
Maybe, http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... eanNothing]but who cares?
--
Rob Kelk

I dunno, Harry Potter raised by Hanse Davion has been at least -suggested- once before, I think.

I mean, when "The Power The Dark Lord Knows Not" is a fusion-driven juggernaut with the firepower of a tank company and enough armor to shrug off Avada Kedavaras like they were fleabites...
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

The Wanderer

There are huge numbers of them, if only because there are probably more characters - even named characters - in fiction than there are HP crossover fics (or, even, HP fanfics!) in total.

To add to the list of specifics, however, I'm fairly sure Harry has never been raised by Gollum... or the Parasite... or Richard Castle... or one of the shape-changers from the Riddle-Master trilogy (though that might be interesting).
Let's set some limits then:
1) They must be fairly well known - no obscure secondary characters from novels no one else has heard of.
2) They must be capable of acting as parents - so no young teenagers or people who would just dump the baby at the local hospital at best.
3) They must be interesting. No just ordinary families.
Jack Ryan and Klaus Wulfenbach are the best suggestions I've seen so far.
Quote:As a matter of mild curiosity, is there any fictional character that Harry Potter has not been raised by in some fanfic or the other?
Heat Guy J?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12