Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Looking for a fic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
I came across this description of an unnamed, unlinked Evangelion fic on the "I Have No Son" page at All The Tropes.  Does this ring a bell for anyone, because not only does the page have a request for a link which I'd like to provide, I actually want to read this if it's any good.
Quote:...an Evangelion fanfic where someone takes advantage of Asuka in a party and she gets pregnant. Upon hearing this, her father immediately comes over from Germany with intentions of taking her back with him and performing an abortion to restore family honor, entirely without her consent. Her resistance results in the man flipping out and hitting her, causing Shinji (who proposed to her shortly before) to go berserk on his ass and almost kill him. Sohryu disowns Asuka and proceeds to take the family property for himself... only for Gendo to inform him that not only Asuka and Shinji are under NERV jurisdiction and therefore untouchable but she's also the sole inheritor of the entire family fortune, as per her mother's will. By disowning her, Sohryu forfeited his beneficiary rights. Oops! And that's even before Gendo threatens Sohryu that with Asuka and Shinji engaged, he considers her family so Sohryu will better back off or face the consequences.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

K sai

Apparently, this is it - http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3579466/1/Father

No idea if it's good.
I'll give it a look. Thanks!
-- Bob
---------

K sai

I've started reading it. The writing is reasonable - but it's very AU (which is gradually explained as you go) and it's old - 2008 vintage - so it's got cliches in it...
Well, I knew the recommendation had to be at least four years old, and probably older.
-- Bob
---------
As the "looking for a fic" issue pops up occasionally, but not that often, maybe you should consider pinning this one so it can be found easily?
----------
No, I don't believe the world has gone mad.  In order for it to go mad it would need to have been sane at some point.
You're right. I should.
-- Bob
---------
On that note, I'm looking for a more recent fic. Mirror Universe Khan ends up in the main universe at the end of Undiscovered Country. I know this one was only recommended here recently, but as much as I've looked, I can't find the damn thing.
The Khan-fic title is "One Good Man", by Rorschach'sBlot.
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/11703999/1/One-Good-Man
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
K sai Wrote:I've started reading it. The writing is reasonable - but it's very AU (which is gradually explained as you go) and it's old - 2008 vintage - so it's got cliches in it...

2008 isn't vintage at all. Or Cliched. I had a review group going at the time on FFN that....disliked.... it.
Here's one that I lost when a thumb drive crashed, and I'd like to find it again. It's a Buffy/Miles Vorkosigan crossover, in which Miles gets interested in the secret behind a mysterious memorial on Earth. No one knows where it came from or who maintains it, or why names periodically appear on it (although simple research reveals that new names are almost always persons who recently died). Attempts by official types to add names have failed, except in the case of a world-acclaimed hero who seems to have been accepted as an honorary member of whatever group is behind the memorial.

Does this ring a bell for anyone?
-- Bob
---------
Yes, that is Don Sample's With a Star, which is on TTH.
http://www.tthfanfic.org/story.php?no=2251

Another writer named vogonguard has posted a sequel titled The Vor Slayer on the site as well.

Fred

Thank you!
-- Bob
---------
Don is a great writer too.
--------------------------------
Je ne suis pas une Intelligence Artificielle Turing. Je suis Charlie.

Alright here's one I've seen but can't find now. F/SN where it starts with the summoning of Archer, only instead of the Canon character we get the cast of the show Archer.

Sorry, Rajvik, I can't help you with that, as I don't do either show.

Meanwhile, here's another lost when my thumbdrive crashed. Sailor Moon story, first season. Usagi takes an early comment to heart and starts being moderately proactive about both her senshi and civilian lives. As a result, the Dark Kingdom is defeated so easily that the Senshi don't notice, with Metaria dying a horrible death in the dark. When her efforts to be a better student get a teacher asking her if she's sick, Usagi complains about the hypocrisy inherent in encouraging her to do better and then worrying what's wrong when she does. And IIRC, the last extant chapter (it of course was unfinished ), Minako is revealed to be Korean, not Japanese, and it ends on Usagi's mom telling her that the "Korean girl" is a bad influence on her.

Does that ring any bells?
-- Bob
---------
And a lurker sent me an email with the info -- the story is Ken Aromdee's "Strategy and Tactics", which can be found here, even though he's apparently taken down all his other fanfiction. (Temporarily, he says.)

-- Bob
---------
So, looking for something REALLY old. Ranma 1/2 fic, comedy, "plot" was that Ranma was so good nature'd/asexual because Genma had hit him in the head with a rusty-nail sticking out of a board.

If I remember correctly there is a scene where Ranma is describing what happened to Kasumi and Akane overhears and initially thinks Genma was molesting him. And another scene where Ukyou is sobbing on Ranma, and Ranma forgives her which just makes her sob harder.

It isn't State of Mine, which is the fic that prompted this search.
Oh, I know that one... it was one of Jack Staik's stories, Ranma's Horrible Secret. It's in several places on the net, including in rec.arts.anime.creative (reachable through Google Groups), or in a gzip file at gweep.ca.

-- Bob
---------
That's the one! Thanks. ^_^ Bugs me a little that a lot of the older Ranma fanfics are becoming harder and harder to find. I'm going to have to seriously expand my archives.
Welp this is embarrassing; I was reading a NGE fic the other day when I had to stop partway through, and now I can't find it. The stand out thing I remember most clearly is that Misato submitted paperwork in order to get info on the dummy plug system and Fuyutsuki accidentally approved it, leading Misato to request clones for Asuka and Shinji as well.
Doesn't ring a bell for me, but I'd certainly like to read it!
-- Bob
---------
I have to admit, for an original-flavorish Eva fic, it does sound intriguingly readable.
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
Anyone have a link or searchable title/phrase for that Worm fic that had Skitter somehow transported to WW2? The last part I remember reading was her enfuckening some kind of march-the-Jews-out-of-the-city-to-a-killbox-slash-mass-grave plan by introducing the Nazis to ALL THE BEES!
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
Quote:ClassicDrogn wrote:
Anyone have a link or searchable title/phrase for that Worm fic that had Skitter somehow transported to WW2? The last part I remember reading was her enfuckening some kind of march-the-Jews-out-of-the-city-to-a-killbox-slash-mass-grave plan by introducing the Nazis to ALL THE BEES!
Exterminator
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/10132837/1/Exterminator
I found it by searching "Worm" with "Inglorious".  Unfortunately, it hasn't updated since 2014.  
----------
No, I don't believe the world has gone mad.  In order for it to go mad it would need to have been sane at some point.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9