Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 201
» Latest member: Dani Tseng
» Forum threads: 13,887
» Forum posts: 211,877

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 280 online users.
» 5 Member(s) | 271 Guest(s)
Bing, Facebook, Google, Yandex, Bob Schroeck, Dartz, David Lewis, Ebony, nocarename

Latest Threads
For Bob - So I hope this ...
Forum: General DW Chatter
Last Post: Bob Schroeck
33 minutes ago
» Replies: 1
» Views: 19
Image Thread 29
Forum: General Chatter
Last Post: Norgarth
3 hours ago
» Replies: 2
» Views: 64
The new Seraph's
Forum: The Legendary
Last Post: Dark Seraph
10 hours ago
» Replies: 34
» Views: 771
Fic Update Thread 53
Forum: Other People's Fanfiction
Last Post: Mamorien
10 hours ago
» Replies: 144
» Views: 5,079
The FCC Reinstates Net Ne...
Forum: Politics and Other Fun
Yesterday, 01:18 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 28
Are the spammers getting ...
Forum: Forums
Yesterday, 07:24 AM
» Replies: 36
» Views: 6,558
Image Thread 28
Last Post: robkelk
Yesterday, 06:43 AM
» Replies: 301
» Views: 10,463
Russian lawmakers authori...
Forum: Politics and Other Fun
Last Post: Dartz
04-24-2024, 06:26 PM
» Replies: 181
» Views: 19,581
The Trailers Thread III
04-24-2024, 04:25 PM
» Replies: 34
» Views: 1,591
Video Madness XI
04-24-2024, 04:22 PM
» Replies: 149
» Views: 8,362

I thought I'd say this now.
Posted by: Drenivian - 03-25-2004, 12:30 AM - Forum: Drunkard's Walk II: Robot's Rules of Order - Replies (14)

Well, I never thought I'd find a series I liked this much, well other than BGZ of course.
Bob, you've written a great story here and I for one cannot wait for more. Keep on with the good work.
Genius can't be rushed, but crap can be.
Zertax Drenivian, Short Time Reader, First Time Poster.
Hooked and Waiting for more.
In the epic rage of furious thunder
legends create their tales
when the twilight calls and the dark lord falls
our glory will prevail

[Image: strikersetcfinal9_th.jpg]

Print this item

Song Suggestion...
Posted by: Shader - 03-24-2004, 05:09 PM - Forum: Drunkard's Walk V: Another Divine Mess You've Gotten Me Into - Replies (9)

Hi all,
I'm not sure if I post this here or over in the "games everyong likes to play" forum. However, I'm tired and am in this forum now, so I'll put it here. If it is the wrong place, could the mods please move it?
Having finally downloaded and read Chris' story, the following song was recalled into my head. I'm not sure exactly what powers it would give Doug, however it does play on the Past/Present/Future/Moment aspect of the OMB universe.
I'm too tired to offer more comments, or comments that make any sense. Here's a link to the lyrics.
John Farnham - Man of the Hour
The link also has links to some other John Farnham songs that might be useful for different aspects and/or effects, 'Don't you know it's magic', 'That's freedom', 'Keep talking', 'See the bannars fall', 'When all else fails', 'We're no angels', plus many more that I'm too tired to process. (It's been a long 48 hours - exactly 0xB40 minutes in length.)
Micro Hue
(who one day will get an account here ... one day)

Print this item

Who Made This Image?
Posted by: Bob Schroeck - 03-23-2004, 10:07 PM - Forum: Drunkard's Walk II: Robot's Rules of Order - Replies (3)

I'm hoping someone can help... The image below was made by a DW reader a couple years back, and I know he uses it on his own mirror of DW2. But I can't find the page via Google or the image via Google Images, and there's no identifying info embedded in the pic. If you recognize it and know who made it, or you are the one who made it, please let me know! Thank you.

[Image: dw_50.jpg]

-- Bob
---------
There's no wrong way to eat a Rhesus.

Print this item

Updates and Changes, 23 March 2004
Posted by: Bob Schroeck - 03-23-2004, 10:04 PM - Forum: Website - No Replies

I've slightly rearranged the DW pages. In anticipation of the coming DW5, and to make the main DW page a bit less crowded, I've split off a dedicated DW2 page. I've also updated a few other pages there to match.
Just in case anyone's "page changed" monitors go off...

-- Bob
---------

Print this item

Comedy songs
Posted by: Disruptor - 03-23-2004, 04:40 AM - Forum: The Game Everyone Loves To Play - Replies (1)

On top of spagettii
all covered with cheese
I lost my poor meatball
Effects: causes spaggetti, molten cheese, and meatballs to rain down.

Shaving cream Be nice and clean
Shave everyday and you'll always look clean
Effect: Doug's shaving song.
--------------------
Tom Mathews aka Disruptor

Print this item

Got C&C from Redneck This Morning
Posted by: Bob Schroeck - 03-22-2004, 04:55 PM - Forum: Drunkard's Walk II: Robot's Rules of Order - No Replies

In my inbox this morning was a large email from Kris "Redneck" Overstreet, fellow fan- and pro-writer, probably best known for his participation in EPU (and a certain BGC lemon fic... ). He had apparently sat down and read all of DW2 in one sitting, then wrote a long commentary for me. I just browsed through it quickly, but I think I got most of the high points. It's a mixed review, which is good, of course, because it helps me improve my work...
That's it, just an idle comment now that I'm not quite so busy as I was this weekend. If anything more develops out of this (beyond my writing skill, that is ), I'll post here.

-- Bob
---------

Print this item

ClassicDrogn's complaint from General
Posted by: Bob Schroeck - 03-22-2004, 04:39 PM - Forum: Forums - No Replies

Quote:
--who says that he tried to post this earlier but when he hit the add reply button, got a "page not found" thingy. what's up with that?
Good question. I got hit with it several times last week. I think it might be an indication that the ezBoard servers are overloaded; I seem to recall a notice a few weeks back that mentioned the problem and that they had done something to try to alleviate it. When I get a chance I'll browse around the support forums and see if anyone else is having a problem.

-- Bob
---------

Print this item

60's sitcom steps
Posted by: Foxboy - 03-22-2004, 06:36 AM - Forum: Future Steps - Replies (24)

Just a scene I've been thinking about for a while.

Quote:
Harpsichord music filled the air in the well-kept Victorian home as its owner sat reading a newspaper in the parlor. Obviously a successful businessman, he was immaculately groomed and dressed in an expensive pinstripe suit. He smiled in satisfaction at the business section. All of his stocks were on the rise.
He looked up when he heard a door open and saw his wife enter from the garden. She set down her gardening shears and dusted some dirt from her dress. Even besmirched as she was, her elegance shone through. They greeted each other in their usual manner, showing the love that still burned strong even after two children.
"Dear," she said in her cultured tones, "I just met our new neighbor. He's renting the old Crabtree place."
"That old eyesore?" he asked. "Well, maybe he can make some improvements while he's there." He grinned at the thought. *Some architectural styles shouldn't be inflicted on good neighborhoods.* "So, what's our new neighbor's name?"
"His name is Douglas Sangnoir," she replied, using the proper pronunciation.
The businessman's eyes lit up. "Tish!" he said, his passion evident. "You spoke French!" He caught his wife by the waist with one hand and drew her right arm out with the other. Starting at the wrist, he place numerous light kisses up her arm and shoulder. He looked into her eyes, savoring the love there. "Cara mia."
Lurch slowed his playing and groaned. Mr. and Mrs. Addams were at it again. He'd never get any composing done, now.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

Print this item

Ack, Busy Busy Weekend
Posted by: Bob Schroeck - 03-22-2004, 06:02 AM - Forum: General DW Chatter - Replies (15)

... Sorry I haven't contributed to the forums in a couple days. As Offsides and Talienas can confirm, I've been very busy since Saturday morning. I don't really have time to do more than stick my head in now, unfortunately.
Before I duck back out again, I wanted to share a little brainstorm I had this morning. There's an anime that Peggy got really into over the past six months or so, and we blew our way through it as fast as we could afford the DVDs. It really isn't my normal kind of thing, but I got caught up in it, and when it got to the end, I of course was thinking, gee, what would Doug do in that world? So I started a little idea file. It's not very big, and it doesn't have much in the way of a plot, so I can't even say this is a Step in development. But I came up with the perfect title for it -- which I am, of course, about to share.
Now you'll by now be saying, well, dammit, Bob, what the hell anime are you talking about? Well, I'll let you guess that from the title:
Drunkard's Walk: Les Mains Noires, Le Sang Noir

-- Bob
---------

Print this item

Saturn V Launch
Posted by: Logan Darklighter - 03-22-2004, 12:21 AM - Forum: The Game Everyone Loves To Play - Replies (17)

A fun little bit from Duane Elms:
"We're Going Back".
It was late in Sixty-nine,
When we landed that first time.
Man, I still remember how it felt to see it.
And it wasn't that long then,
We were on the moon again,
And you could feel yourself beginning to believe it.
Then once more and then again
We pushed out the reach of man.
Each time up another set of hero's footprints.
But those short trips were all we made,
Somehow our dream it got waylaid,
And not a person, live or dead has been up there since.
And what was so hard won has been abandoned.
Our journey to the stars got off the track,
But we'll return some day to claim
What we once won as our domain,
We're goin' back, I swear to God, we're goin' back!

One small step was all we took;
Just enough to have a look,
A beginning, just a glimmer of man's powers,
But our first step on that road
Has been our last and it has showed
That we are governed by the weak kneed and the cowards.
Nothing much up there they say
Don't know how we'll make it pay.
We could use that dough to help us stay elected.
But as the billions waste away
We all come nearer to the day
When there won't be enough resources to correct it.
We must get us off this fragile little planet.
Before we blow ourselves to hell and back.
We're gonna make it plain,
We'll no more play this waiting game,
We're goin' back, I swear to God we're goin' back!
Instrumental:
Well, we're still not out in space,
And the whole damn human race,
Sits and dawdles with our eggs all in one basket.
We've already bought the tools,
How long will we stay Earthbound fools?
That is the question and I think it's time we ask it.
Yes we still haven't lost that sense of wonder.
This won't become a human cul-de-sac.
We will see that nothing mars
Our rightful place among the stars,
For this adventure never will be finished.
We'll make up for the spine the others lack.
Take it money, lives, or pain,
What we once lost we will regain,

Print this item