Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 201
» Latest member: Dani Tseng
» Forum threads: 13,888
» Forum posts: 211,977

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 285 online users.
» 0 Member(s) | 282 Guest(s)
Bing, Facebook, Yandex

Latest Threads
Video Madness XI
Forum: General Chatter
Last Post: classicdrogn
3 hours ago
» Replies: 150
» Views: 8,645
Doug's Tuneplug: Great mu...
Forum: The Game Everyone Loves To Play
3 hours ago
» Replies: 7
» Views: 1,343
Fic Update Thread 53
Forum: Other People's Fanfiction
Last Post: Jinx999
7 hours ago
» Replies: 182
» Views: 6,670
Another reset
Forum: Forums
Last Post: Bob Schroeck
Yesterday, 06:22 PM
» Replies: 22
» Views: 660
All The Tropes Wiki Proje...
Yesterday, 06:21 PM
» Replies: 141
» Views: 3,017
Image Thread 29
Last Post: Mamorien
Yesterday, 04:32 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 568
The Dead Dove Locker -- "...
Last Post: Mamorien
Yesterday, 04:19 PM
» Replies: 21
» Views: 1,147
Image Thread #3
Forum: My Apartment Manager is not an Isekai Character
Yesterday, 11:31 AM
» Replies: 93
» Views: 5,960
Crystal and Steel (Transf...
Last Post: Matrix Dragon
05-04-2024, 07:11 PM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 885
Crossovers That Should No...
05-04-2024, 07:08 PM
» Replies: 261
» Views: 16,668

Saturn V Launch
Posted by: Logan Darklighter - 03-22-2004, 12:21 AM - Forum: The Game Everyone Loves To Play - Replies (17)

A fun little bit from Duane Elms:
"We're Going Back".
It was late in Sixty-nine,
When we landed that first time.
Man, I still remember how it felt to see it.
And it wasn't that long then,
We were on the moon again,
And you could feel yourself beginning to believe it.
Then once more and then again
We pushed out the reach of man.
Each time up another set of hero's footprints.
But those short trips were all we made,
Somehow our dream it got waylaid,
And not a person, live or dead has been up there since.
And what was so hard won has been abandoned.
Our journey to the stars got off the track,
But we'll return some day to claim
What we once won as our domain,
We're goin' back, I swear to God, we're goin' back!

One small step was all we took;
Just enough to have a look,
A beginning, just a glimmer of man's powers,
But our first step on that road
Has been our last and it has showed
That we are governed by the weak kneed and the cowards.
Nothing much up there they say
Don't know how we'll make it pay.
We could use that dough to help us stay elected.
But as the billions waste away
We all come nearer to the day
When there won't be enough resources to correct it.
We must get us off this fragile little planet.
Before we blow ourselves to hell and back.
We're gonna make it plain,
We'll no more play this waiting game,
We're goin' back, I swear to God we're goin' back!
Instrumental:
Well, we're still not out in space,
And the whole damn human race,
Sits and dawdles with our eggs all in one basket.
We've already bought the tools,
How long will we stay Earthbound fools?
That is the question and I think it's time we ask it.
Yes we still haven't lost that sense of wonder.
This won't become a human cul-de-sac.
We will see that nothing mars
Our rightful place among the stars,
For this adventure never will be finished.
We'll make up for the spine the others lack.
Take it money, lives, or pain,
What we once lost we will regain,

Print this item

NEw Gamebook Release
Posted by: mephron - 03-21-2004, 09:53 PM - Forum: Drunkard's Walk VI: Angel Baby - Replies (15)

Guardians of Order - www.guardiansorder.com/ - has the Evangelion license.
Ultimate Fan Guide format, which means an ep-by-ep synopsis, and then BESM gamestats.
I don't know if this is good or not. x.xBrazil has decided you're cute.

Print this item

Step into a Trenchcoat
Posted by: Herr Bad Moon - 03-20-2004, 10:17 AM - Forum: Future Steps - Replies (17)

Just finished a bunch of Glen Cook's Garrett Files and wondered about Doug falling into that messed up world. For those who aren't familiar, the Garrett Files are about a Philip Marlow style p.i. written in Raymond Chandler style of over the top (at least it seems so now) cliche's. The kick is that it's in a fantasy world of elves, dwarves, trolls, and other monsters straight out of a monster manual. Doug would drive the higher ups in Tunfaire crazy, not to mention the Dead Man. He and Garrett would have to compare wise crack notes, as they are both are grand masters in the art Smile---------------
Oh crap. I've got Destiny.
---
Jon
"And that must have caused my dad's brain to break in half, replaced by a purely mechanical engine of revenge!"

Print this item

Really WIERD Steps: El Hazard and more
Posted by: classicdrogn - 03-20-2004, 03:49 AM - Forum: Future Steps - Replies (29)

Since the other threasd is getting around 120 posts, I thought I'd start a new one.
RE El Hazard: GoO just released it as a BEEFY Tri-Stat sourcebook, which I immediately snaffled onto. I reccomend getting it just so you can see how they modeled Ifurita's copycat powers as a base for Doug's song powers for use in TriStat. Actually, it could do reasonably as a substitute for the SMRPG that it turns out I can't find my spare copy of if you modify the Preistesses to (sailor) suit. The book is very much like the hardcover/color special edition version of Silver Age Sentinels (which I also grabbed as soon as I could get it) save only for being softcover - the paper and art qualityh are just that good, and half of it is spent going into detail on the setting, then each of the makor characters gets a full page writeup, and several lesser ones get half-pages. As a further bonus, the ruleset is the most recent revision, only seen elsewhere to my knowledge in the TriStat Dx PDF, with some setting-specific enhancements, like splitting powers into categories based on whether they should belong to natives, artifacts, or dimensional travelers who get the E-H boost, or whatever.
As a further interesting note, there is support for the notion of other models of demon-god in the E-H manga, which I have a few scanned panels of showing an Indian-looking dude with turban whose power key staff has a smaller head, that he likes to pop an energy blade out of to resemble a scythe, and ... blast, I can't remember what the other female looks like exactly, but it's simlar to the character design that was used for Kalia in the second OVAs. I couldn't say if the character is all that similar to miss "Oh, I'm a REALLY bad girl!" but I would hope she had a bit more depth than poor Kalia did. (I always saw her as having been originally like the rather sweet kid she pretends to be, driven sociopathic by what she was made to do as a demon-god - whether they're borgs or completely manufactured bots, it really doesn't matter, there'd still be a first fight/next fight/fight n to wear away at one that accidentally had an intact conscience)
RE YuGiOh - I can't say I like the series, the toys, or the carfd game itself, but if it did end up a Step (or a FicFic Sidestep) I have the perfect title: Drunkard's Walk: Like An Egyptian. Alternately, it could be the song that gets him there.
- CD
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows

Print this item

Where is Skyknight?
Posted by: aeroprime - 03-19-2004, 07:51 PM - Forum: General DW Chatter - Replies (12)

I was wondering if anyone knows what happened to Bert. I have e-mailed him several times but the e-mail address seems to be no longer valid. I hope he's ok because I love his stories.
aeroprime
_ _ _ _ _
I did NOT escape! They gave me a day pass.

Print this item

Song of the Day, 3/18/04
Posted by: Bob Schroeck - 03-18-2004, 09:56 PM - Forum: Drunkard's Walk V: Another Divine Mess You've Gotten Me Into - Replies (3)

I hate the world today
You're so good to me
I know but I can't change
Tried to tell you
But you look at me like maybe
I'm an angel underneath
Innocent and sweet
Yesterday I cried
Must have been relieved to see
The softer side
I can understand how you'd be so confused
I don't envy you
I'm a little bit of everything
All rolled into one
I'm a bitch, I'm a lover
I'm a child, I'm a mother
I'm a sinner, I'm a saint
I do not feel ashamed
I'm your hell, I'm your dream
I'm nothing in between
You know you wouldn't want it any other way
So take me as I am
This may mean
You'll have to be a stronger man
Rest assured that
When I start to make you nervous
And I'm going to extremes
Tomorrow I will change
And today won't mean a thing
I'm a bitch, I'm a lover
I do not feel ashamed
I'm nothing in between
Just when you think, you got me figured out
The season's already changing
I think it's cool, you do what you do
And don't try to save me
I'm a bitch, I'm a lover
I do not feel ashamed
I'm nothing in between
I'm a bitch, I'm a tease
I'm a goddess on my knees
When you hurt, when you suffer
I'm your angel undercover
I've been numb, I'm revived
Can't say I'm not alive
You know I wouldn't want it any other way
-- Meredith Brooks, Bitch
(In the words of one of my Wiccan friends, "this is the ultimate Goddess song." -- Bob)
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Print this item

Helping Hand for a Title
Posted by: Koryimran - 03-18-2004, 05:21 PM - Forum: Drunkard's Walk V: Another Divine Mess You've Gotten Me Into - Replies (44)

Well I always like to feel helpful (even when I'm not) why not start a thread with more suggestions for a new title than the Holy^3 monstrosity. Smile Anyways here's my suggestion "Big Trouble (with or in) Little Goddesses". Maybe just take the with out and have it be "Big Trouble, Little Goddesses".

Shawn Earl
(I love being in a international co-ed service fraternity)

Print this item

Gambling Songs?
Posted by: SKJAM - 03-18-2004, 04:51 PM - Forum: The Game Everyone Loves To Play - Replies (12)

Having brought up Yu-Gi-Oh! in the future steps thread, and because you never know when there will be a high-stakes poker game for the fate of the universe.....(By the by, the use of metatalents and ancient Egyptian artifacts is allowed in card games in the YGO universe.)
"The Gambler"-Kenny Rogers. Generally good for card games, especially determining how strong your hand is compared to your opponents. Or could get Doug advice from a dead gambler (there are a couple of them in the YGO manga.)
"Luck Be a Lady Tonight"-Guys and Dolls. Makes sure your hot streak continues for the length of the song. Do *not* use while playing Jonouchi/Joey Wheeler of YGO, as Lady Luck came in with *him.*
"Playing With the Queen of Hearts"-Juice Newton. Really a song about running away from a woman, so would probably invoke some sort of movement power away from female opponents. In the card game context, bad for "female" cards, good for jokers, fools and clowns.
"Jack of Hearts"-Bob Dylan. Not actually much of a gambling song, more about a thief/conman. But it's *long* so whatever effect it has will last and last.
There's the whole YGO "Music to Duel By" album, but you can't get that in the YGO universe.

Any others?
SKJAM!

Print this item

Uh-oh...
Posted by: Xenoproctologist - 03-18-2004, 04:14 AM - Forum: Drunkard's Walk V: Another Divine Mess You've Gotten Me Into - Replies (2)

www.animenewsnetwork.com/article.php?id=4746

Quote:
New Ah! My Goddess Anime
posted on 2004-03-17 01:35:51
source: Anime Nation
Japanese news site Moonphase reports that a New Ah! My Goddess anime is in the works, while Afternoon Magazine states that there will be an announcement regarding AMG in their next issue (on sale later this month).
I feel so conflicted. On the one hand, I'm thinking, "More A!MG! W00t!" On the other, "No! Bob's 'only in dead franchises' rule!"
I can actually feel myself falling into the Toast Paradox.

Print this item

Dead Bang
Posted by: Dragonflight - 03-17-2004, 09:39 PM - Forum: Drunkard's Walk II: Robot's Rules of Order - Replies (36)

I've got an updated file at the same site now. About 72K RTF.
www.cyberus.ca/~dragonflight/dead_bang/
Now to figure out how to register my name. Maybe I can use a modification. I've done that before... Smile

Print this item