Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username
  

Password
  





Search Forums

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 193
» Latest member: AlmostRoarke2026
» Forum threads: 14,212
» Forum posts: 224,033

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 2596 online users.
» 2 Member(s) | 2590 Guest(s)
Applebot, Bing, Google, Yandex, batzulger

Latest Threads
Fic Update Thread 63: Th...
Forum: Other People's Fanfiction
Last Post: Shepherd
2 hours ago
» Replies: 299
» Views: 26,465
All The Tropes Wiki Proje...
Forum: General Chatter
Last Post: Bob Schroeck
4 hours ago
» Replies: 109
» Views: 9,228
Political Images thread t...
Forum: Politics and Other Fun
Last Post: Norgarth
5 hours ago
» Replies: 256
» Views: 42,554
Image dump thread XXXII
Forum: General Chatter
Last Post: Norgarth
6 hours ago
» Replies: 103
» Views: 9,554
2017-11-25: I'm a Displa...
Forum: Stories
Last Post: robkelk
8 hours ago
» Replies: 22
» Views: 1,218
Blatherings on a trip to ...
Forum: General Chatter
Last Post: Dartz
Yesterday, 05:30 PM
» Replies: 14
» Views: 7,037
Video Madness XII
Forum: General Chatter
Last Post: robkelk
09-26-2026, 07:52 PM
» Replies: 189
» Views: 39,884
Computery stuff (Ubuntu &...
Forum: General Chatter
Last Post: classicdrogn
09-26-2026, 03:48 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 42
The Imperial Presidency, ...
Forum: Politics and Other Fun
Last Post: Labster
09-26-2026, 03:46 PM
» Replies: 276
» Views: 53,031
Fourth Oddities Spotted i...
Forum: General Chatter
Last Post: robkelk
09-25-2026, 06:39 PM
» Replies: 61
» Views: 8,079

 
  Nowhere Fast
Posted by: Koryimran - 02-13-2003, 08:28 AM - Forum: The Game Everyone Loves To Play - Replies (1)

Hello all,
This is a song from the 80's film Streets of Fire. I can't think of a Metapower that might come from it but I think it might do something. Smile
Fire Inc. - Nowhere Fast
Lying in your bed and on a saturday night
You're sweetin' buckets and it's not even hot
But your brain has got the message
And it's sending it out
To every nerve and every muscle you've got
You've got so many dreams
That you dont know where to put 'em
So you'd better turn a few of 'em loose
Your body's got a feeling that it's starting to rust
You'd better rev it up and put it to use
And I don't know how I ever thought that I could make it all alone
When you only make it better
And it better be tonight
And we'll fly away on those angel wings of chrome in your daddy's car
Waiting there for you tonight
I'll be there for you tonight
Even you don't have anywhere to go
You go down on the pedal and you're ready to roll
And even if you don't have anywhere to go
You go down on the pedal and you're ready to roll
And your speed
Is all you'll be ever need
All you'l be ever need to know
Darlin', darlin'
You and me we're goin' newhere slowly
And we've gotta get away from the past
There's nothin' wrong with goin' nowhere, baby
But we should be goin' nowhere fast
Everybody's goin' nowhere slowly
They're only fighting for the chance to be last
There's nothin' wrong with goinn' nowhere, baby
But we should be goin' nowhere fast
It's so much better goin' nowhere fast
Stalkin' in the shadows by the light of the moon
It's like a prison and the night is a cell
Goin' anywhere has gotta be heaven tonight
Cause stayin' here has gotta be hell
Dyin' in the city like a fire on the water
Let's go runnin' on the back of the wind
There's gotta' be some action on the face of the earth
And I have gotta see your face once again
And I don't know where I ever got the bright idea that I was cool
So alone and dependent
But I'm depending on you now
And you'll always be the only thing that I just can't be without
And I'm out for you tonight
I'm comin' out for you tonight
Even if you don't have anywhere to go
You go down on the pedal and you're ready to roll (ready to roll)
Even if you don't have anywhere to go
You go down on the pedal and you're ready to roll
And your speed
Is all you'll ever need
All you'll ever need to know
Darlin', darlin'
You and me we're goin' nowhere slowly
And we've gotta get away form the past
There's nothin' wrong with goin' nowhere, baby
But we should be goin' nowhere fast
Everybody's goin' nowhere slowly
There're only fighting for the chance to be last
There's nothin' wrong with goin' nowhere, baby
But we should be goin' nowhere fast
It's so much better goin' nowhere fast
Godspeed
Godspeed
Godspeed
Speed us away!
Godspeed
Godspeed
Godspeed
Speed us away!
Godspeed
Godspeed
Godspeed
Speed us away! we're goin' nowhere fast!

Print this item

  Question
Posted by: zojojojo - 02-12-2003, 05:15 PM - Forum: Forums - Replies (2)

is there a way to do nested quotes that doesn't cause spewage? i've tried once or twice, but the board always hacks it up...
-Z, Post-reader at Medium
----
If architects built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization.

Print this item

  Question
Posted by: Valles - 02-12-2003, 01:04 AM - Forum: Drunkard's Walk III: Sana-chan No Omocha - Replies (3)

Does Doug call his charge Sana-sama?
Blessed be.
-n
===========

===============================================
"V, did you do something foolish?"
"Yes, and it was glorious."

Print this item

  Questions about Doug's World
Posted by: Murmur the Fallen - 02-11-2003, 03:24 AM - Forum: General DW Chatter - Replies (66)

basically what the subject line says: I know that you've detailed some of the history, but I would like to know a bit more, such as general level of technology (what kind of sci-fi stuff they have, how high tech some of the stuff is, etc.) and other things, and maybe contact with aliens and what not.
Oh, and were there any "metahumans" before the twentieth century?

Print this item

  spell song book
Posted by: Murmur the Fallen - 02-11-2003, 01:46 AM - Forum: The Game Everyone Loves To Play - Replies (35)

sorry, I don't know if you've posted this already or what, but I wonder if you have a list of the songs that Doug uses in his arsenal and what they do.

Print this item

  Another DW-Eva teaser
Posted by: Bob Schroeck - 02-10-2003, 04:38 PM - Forum: Drunkard's Walk VI: Angel Baby - Replies (46)

Traffic seems to be slowing here, so I figured I'd stir things up a bit. Here's just a tiny fragment from an incomplete scene, but it should be entertaining.

-- Bob

"Misato-san... Misato." I shook my head, trying to clear it and
phrase this properly. "You are a smart, devastatingly sexy
woman. You and I share a lot of the same kind of background, and
we relate very well. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't attracted
to you. But I can't let our relationship go past a simple
friendship." I took her hand in mine. "Misato, I've told you
before. I'm married, and no matter how far I am from her, I
*will* be faithful."

The pitying look in her eyes surprised the hell out of me, but
not as much as the next thing she said. "Doug, it's very
admirable and very sweet of you to be so devoted to her after so
many years." Her voice was soft and gentle, the voice you use to
break bad news to a friend. "But you have to face facts... if
you and she haven't reunited by now, she *had* to have died in
Second Impact."

For a long, long moment I just stared at her, completely at a
loss for words following that... remarkable observation. Then I
smiled and said, "Misato, I'd like to tell you a very special
secret."

---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Print this item

  page Layout...
Posted by: Star Ranger4 - 02-08-2003, 03:21 AM - Forum: Website - Replies (5)

Hey, Bob?
Have you considered adding button links to the board and the Art page to the left hand coloumn? I was just scrolling through the page the other day and was thinking it would be nice if I didn't have to do that."I was an Otaku before those kids came along and changed the meaning of the word."

-- HM "Howling Mad" Wilson to more than one team-mate.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children

Print this item

  It's done.
Posted by: Bob Schroeck - 02-03-2003, 10:00 AM - Forum: Bob's Game Writing - No Replies

I just sent it off 10 minutes ago.
99,000 words.
No bibliography.
A few things that I wanted to add, I simply didn't have the time left to write.
And I made an error in my word count earlier this evening, and didn't discover it until 10 PM. I read a "7" as a "1" when punching numbers into my calculator. Unfortunately, it was in the "thousands" place. I had to cut 7,000 extra words before I could call the thing done. Look forward to a lot of supplementary material on the website once the book comes out.
Now I sleep. Then I work, then I go to my parents' house to assemble a bed. Then I'll get around to answering my backlog of messages here.
That is all.

-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Print this item

  Doc Sidhe
Posted by: Logan Darklighter - 02-01-2003, 04:24 AM - Forum: Future Steps - Replies (3)

Ever read "Doc Sidhe" and "Sidhe Devil" by Aaron Allston? Now that would be an interesting step to say the least! If you haven't read these, I urge you to take a look at the first one online at Baen books. They made the entire first novel "Doc Sidhe" downloadable or readable online for free at their website. You can download "Doc Sdihe" here or read it online in html format here. It's a great story, and Doug would have an absolute BLAST in the Fair world!
-Logan
----------
Legolas - Obviously an Elvish word meaning "Gatling Gun".
----------

Print this item

  Loony tunes...
Posted by: Feinan - 01-28-2003, 11:14 AM - Forum: The Game Everyone Loves To Play - Replies (1)

I was reading a thread elsewhere on the board about quotes, and someone mentioned Doug having Bugs Bunny as sort of a personal totem. That got me to thinking about what songs there might be about Bugs, or any of the other Warner Brothers characters. I found four - all performed by Mel Blanc as far as I can tell - that look like must-haves for Doug, even if they didn't provide powers. Lyrics for all four can be found at the link given below.
1) I'm Glad That I'm Bugs Bunny: Unfortunately, the only one that I couldn't find the actual song to listen to. Creates a Bugs simulacrum...or turns Doug INTO Bugs (complete with Toon-style powers) for the duration?
2) Daffy Duck Rhapsody: Two immediate possibilies - either it creates a Daffy simulacrum that draws the fire of anyone around (regardless of how much they'd rather shoot at Doug, they HAVE to shoot at the duck), or else it causes everyone to aim at Doug, even those people on his side. Obviously, the first is the preferred interpretation...Smile
3) I Taut I Taw a Puddy Tat: This might create a sort of danger sense. For the duration, no one can sneak up on Doug without him spotting them. Of course, it could also make him bright yellow while it's in effect, but there's always costs, right?
4) Yosemite Sam: Creates guns for a stun effect, since guns loaded with gumdrops would probably not do TOO much damage. Though jelly traveling at Mach 1 could still hurt, I suppose. Alternatively, if Doug already HAS a gun, it might make him unable to miss anything he shoots at while the song is playing.
I wish I could find a copy of the song for Bugs. The other three can be found here, along with a lot of other interesting looking things.

Print this item