Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username
  

Password
  





Search Forums

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 193
» Latest member: AlmostRoarke2026
» Forum threads: 14,214
» Forum posts: 224,041

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 3443 online users.
» 1 Member(s) | 3438 Guest(s)
Applebot, Bing, Google, Yandex, Shepherd

Latest Threads
Fic Update Thread 64: Wil...
Forum: Other People's Fanfiction
Last Post: Norgarth
55 minutes ago
» Replies: 1
» Views: 62
Undated: She Didn't Bet o...
Forum: Stories
Last Post: robkelk
4 hours ago
» Replies: 0
» Views: 19
My Apartment Manager is n...
Forum: My Apartment Manager is not an Isekai Character
Last Post: robkelk
Yesterday, 07:47 PM
» Replies: 191
» Views: 95,981
The Dead Dove Locker -- "...
Forum: Other People's Fanfiction
Last Post: Mamorien
Yesterday, 04:44 PM
» Replies: 191
» Views: 42,520
Fic Update Thread 63: Th...
Forum: Other People's Fanfiction
Last Post: Mamorien
Yesterday, 04:36 PM
» Replies: 300
» Views: 26,791
2017-11-25: I'm a Displa...
Forum: Stories
Last Post: Mamorien
Yesterday, 04:28 PM
» Replies: 23
» Views: 1,264
All The Tropes Wiki Proje...
Forum: General Chatter
Last Post: Bob Schroeck
Yesterday, 10:42 AM
» Replies: 109
» Views: 9,411
Political Images thread t...
Forum: Politics and Other Fun
Last Post: Norgarth
Yesterday, 09:18 AM
» Replies: 256
» Views: 42,639
Image dump thread XXXII
Forum: General Chatter
Last Post: Norgarth
Yesterday, 09:15 AM
» Replies: 103
» Views: 9,620
Blatherings on a trip to ...
Forum: General Chatter
Last Post: Dartz
09-27-2026, 05:30 PM
» Replies: 14
» Views: 7,060

 
  Ahoy there matey!
Posted by: offsides - 09-20-2002, 05:00 AM - Forum: Introductions - Replies (3)

I be Josh Megerman, another prereader for DW, as well as bein' a MIB with me bucko Bob. Today be talk like a Pirate day, so reply smartly or I'll make you walk the plank!Drunkard's Walk Forum Moderator and Prereader At Large

Print this item

  Teaser from Chapter 1 of DW3
Posted by: Bob Schroeck - 09-20-2002, 04:35 AM - Forum: Drunkard's Walk III: Sana-chan No Omocha - Replies (5)

A youngish fellow who seemed to be doing the "man-in-black" thing
(black suit and tie, white shirt, Ray-bans) came running up to
us. "Sana-chan," he panted, "are you all right?"

"I'm okay, Ray," (Or maybe Rei -- I couldn't tell through the
glasses if he were Japanese or not. If it even mattered.) Sana
was chattering at full tilt again. "Doug here saved me, he's a
martial artist like me, did you see him? Doug, this is Ray, he's
my lover and my pimp!"

As I stared at Sana, my arm shot out to grab the guy by the knot
of his tie. Without looking at him I dragged his face to mine
and said, with that certain soft menace I reserve for truly
special occasions, "You have exactly 20 seconds to explain that
in terms that don't result in your hospitalization."

(Edited 12/1/09 to fix wrap.)
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Print this item

  Kodomo no Omocha
Posted by: Bob Schroeck - 09-20-2002, 04:32 AM - Forum: Drunkard's Walk III: Sana-chan No Omocha - Replies (3)

If you haven't seen this yet, you should get yourself over to Kodocha Anime and buy yourself a few dozen episodes. (Don't worry, they're very reasonable -- something like 3 tapes of five or six eps each for $19.) In short, this is the story of an eccentric and hyperactive 12-year-old actress named Sana Kurata, better known simply as Sana-chan, and of the cast of characters who surround her. I cannot adequately explain the series -- you really need to see it to understand some of its infamous bizarrities; to give you a bit of an idea what it's like, I once described it thusly:

Quote:
"Imagine, if you will, Marmalade Boy, as written by the Marx Brothers and Judith Krantz, on acid. And speed, can't forget the speed."
And I think that's all that needs be said on the topic.

-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Print this item

  Shapeshifters Update
Posted by: Bob Schroeck - 09-20-2002, 04:17 AM - Forum: Bob's Game Writing - No Replies

The manuscript for Shapeshifters is back in my hands for playtest and final draft. Playtest will be starting any day now -- it was actually supposed to start on the 14th -- and will last a month. If you have a subscription to Pyramid Online (www.sjgames.com/pyramid/login/) you'll be able to read the thing and join in on the playtest process. If you don't have a Pyramid subscription and you're a gamer, get one -- they're inexpensive, and the magazine doesn't focus only on GURPS and other SJG products.
Anyway, once playtest finishes, I'll have another month to finish the final draft. At the moment this is pegged at November 18th, but that date will change to match the proper start of the playtest.
After I submit the final draft the book will go to the printer, but I don't know at this time how long it'll be from that point to the time it gets on your local game store's shelves.
Anyway, I'll post more info as it becomes available.

-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Print this item

  Good morning, America, how are you?
Posted by: Valles - 09-20-2002, 04:02 AM - Forum: Introductions - Replies (3)

Fine, thanks. Anyway, I'm Nathan Baxter, lunatic, scifi nut, otaku, and also the idiot reponsible for www.network54.com/Hide/Forum/206346 .
Given that I'm also lucky enough to help preread DW, I thought I'd better say hi.
Blessed be.
-n

Print this item