| Welcome, Guest |
You have to register before you can post on our site.
|
| Latest Threads |
My Apartment Manager is n...
Forum: My Apartment Manager is not an Isekai Character
Last Post: robkelk
10 hours ago
» Replies: 191
» Views: 95,947
|
The Dead Dove Locker -- "...
Forum: Other People's Fanfiction
Last Post: Mamorien
Yesterday, 04:44 PM
» Replies: 191
» Views: 42,497
|
Fic Update Thread 63: Th...
Forum: Other People's Fanfiction
Last Post: Mamorien
Yesterday, 04:36 PM
» Replies: 300
» Views: 26,744
|
Fic Update Thread 64: Wil...
Forum: Other People's Fanfiction
Last Post: Mamorien
Yesterday, 04:35 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 52
|
2017-11-25: I'm a Displa...
Forum: Stories
Last Post: Mamorien
Yesterday, 04:28 PM
» Replies: 23
» Views: 1,245
|
All The Tropes Wiki Proje...
Forum: General Chatter
Last Post: Bob Schroeck
Yesterday, 10:42 AM
» Replies: 109
» Views: 9,385
|
Political Images thread t...
Forum: Politics and Other Fun
Last Post: Norgarth
Yesterday, 09:18 AM
» Replies: 256
» Views: 42,619
|
Image dump thread XXXII
Forum: General Chatter
Last Post: Norgarth
Yesterday, 09:15 AM
» Replies: 103
» Views: 9,607
|
Blatherings on a trip to ...
Forum: General Chatter
Last Post: Dartz
09-27-2026, 05:30 PM
» Replies: 14
» Views: 7,054
|
Video Madness XII
Forum: General Chatter
Last Post: robkelk
09-26-2026, 07:52 PM
» Replies: 189
» Views: 39,900
|
|
|
| On Disney's Star Wars |
|
Posted by: classicdrogn - 01-25-2019, 09:38 PM - Forum: General Chatter
- No Replies
|
 |
Let it die, let it die
Lay it to rest and let it lie
Let it die, let it die
It's time to say goodbye
I don't care what they're going to try
Star Wars is over
It ended with Return of the Jedi
|
|
|
| Definitely not a teaser from later |
|
Posted by: robkelk - 01-25-2019, 07:49 PM - Forum: Drunkard's Walk VIII: Harry Potter and the Man from Otherearth
- No Replies
|
 |
Well, almost definitely.
I think.
Mind you, I've already given Bob permission (and a royalty-free license) to use anything I post to the forum.
"There is one thing that disappointed me, though."
"Oh?"
"When all of you arrived for the start of the school year, I overheard some of the students talking about a Dada professor. I was loking forward to meeting him, until I realized that 'DADA' was an acronym and they were talking about me."
Hermonie gave me that look of annoyance that only a teenaged girl can reliably pull off. "Did you really think Hogwarts would have an arts department?"
"You never know." I turned on my helmet mic so I'd get a bit of reverb in my speech. "It Can Happen Here!"
(Doug's quoting "Dough for the Do-Do", of course. While that's more surrealism than it is dada, who's going to correct him?)
|
|
|
| I'm Sane |
|
Posted by: DHBirr - 01-25-2019, 07:22 PM - Forum: Drunkard's Walk VIII: Harry Potter and the Man from Otherearth
- Replies (11)
|
 |
I was idly leafing through the AD&D 2nd Ed. Players Handbook, and paused to read the specifications for the 6th-level Cleric spell Heal. "...wipe away disease and injury ... blindness ... heals all points of damage suffered due to wounds or injury. It dispels a feeblemind spell. It cures those mental disorders caused by spells or injury to the brain."
I wondered, still idly, how Doug's "I'm Alive" would stack up against that in terms of power, given that "I'm Alive" will also repair people's clothing. And then I thought again about the curing of mental disorders, and ... oh, Emperor on Earth, Neville's parents....
|
|
|
| Progress... |
|
Posted by: Bob Schroeck - 01-25-2019, 04:31 PM - Forum: Drunkard's Walk S: Heart of Steel
- Replies (1)
|
 |
Finally, I'm about to hit episode 4.
It'll all be offscreen, with Usagi giving Doug an after-action report... but in that episode Usagi originally beat the crap out of a set of musclemen at a gym with just her raw senshi abilities. Imagine how she'll do with training.
|
|
|
| "Donald Trump is the best president the left has ever had" |
|
Posted by: robkelk - 01-24-2019, 08:23 PM - Forum: Politics and Other Fun
- Replies (4)
|
 |
CBC Op-ed: Donald Trump is the best president the left has ever had
Quote:Not to commiserate over what a pig the man is (calling someone a pig is presidential language now, so that's fair ball, right?). That's just easy. What's fascinating is the reaction when you advance the argument that Trump, judged solely on his actions, is the most left-wing president any of us has ever seen.
By people "on the left," incidentally, I don't mean small-l, bourgeois, reflexive urban liberals. I mean committed progressives; people who believe in collectivism over rugged individualism, in the replacement of social hierarchy with social equality, who advocate wealth redistribution and robust government intervention to restrain the predations of the market. Generally, these people also oppose government austerity and militarism and globalization.
They are generally well educated and serious. And they can be irritatingly self-righteous. Which is why it's such fun to point out that Trump has often been their objective ally.
tl;dr: Progressives believe in using tariffs to protect union jobs, lowering taxes (and keeping interest rates low) to stimulate the economy, and avoiding spending blood and treasure on being the world's police - all things Trump has done. As for his personality... well, we have a trope for that.
|
|
|
|