| Welcome, Guest |
You have to register before you can post on our site.
|
| Online Users |
There are currently 7283 online users. » 1 Member(s) | 7278 Guest(s) Applebot, Bing, Google, Yandex, drakensis
|
| Latest Threads |
Fic Update Thread 64: Wil...
Forum: Other People's Fanfiction
Last Post: Matrix Dragon
1 hour ago
» Replies: 9
» Views: 204
|
Video Madness XII
Forum: General Chatter
Last Post: Norgarth
Yesterday, 11:35 AM
» Replies: 190
» Views: 40,103
|
Possible 3D resources thr...
Forum: My Apartment Manager is not an Isekai Character
Last Post: robkelk
Yesterday, 10:28 AM
» Replies: 197
» Views: 74,908
|
Image dump thread XXXII
Forum: General Chatter
Last Post: Norgarth
Yesterday, 09:49 AM
» Replies: 105
» Views: 9,782
|
The Dead Dove Locker -- "...
Forum: Other People's Fanfiction
Last Post: Mamorien
09-29-2026, 05:28 PM
» Replies: 193
» Views: 42,797
|
2017-11-25: I'm a Displa...
Forum: Stories
Last Post: robkelk
09-29-2026, 04:15 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 1,325
|
Political Images thread t...
Forum: Politics and Other Fun
Last Post: Norgarth
09-29-2026, 11:35 AM
» Replies: 257
» Views: 42,946
|
Undated: She Didn't Bet o...
Forum: Stories
Last Post: robkelk
09-29-2026, 06:52 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 31
|
My Apartment Manager is n...
Forum: My Apartment Manager is not an Isekai Character
Last Post: robkelk
09-28-2026, 07:47 PM
» Replies: 191
» Views: 96,252
|
Fic Update Thread 63: Th...
Forum: Other People's Fanfiction
Last Post: Mamorien
09-28-2026, 04:36 PM
» Replies: 300
» Views: 27,384
|
|
|
| This Might Be A Parody |
|
Posted by: classicdrogn - 07-15-2017, 04:19 PM - Forum: Politics and Other Fun
- No Replies
|
 |
(... if it was longer)
The son is a massive incompetent ass
agent antic gluteal derpface
...butt that's when my mastery of the anguish languish failed me, having been woken up after about four hours of sleep for the third day in a row due to environmental noise. (I think some goddamn bird built a nest right over my window or something. Maybe in the tree six feet away form it.)
Anyway, I figured at least some of of the creative, musically interested people who frequent this board might be interested and perhaps even add on to it, so feel free if you like. I was going to put it in OPF, but two not-even-rhyming lines doesn't feel sufficiently fictiony, so then I started writing the post in General Beaneral, .... OK that typo is too funny to fix! Right, yes, in General General, except then I reread it and it looked like a riff on the recent news about Trumphead Junior, so even if it wasn't originally intended as a political statement I ended up putting it here.
THough at the rate things are going personally, I might just revise my opinion of the Anti-President a bit if he actually made good on the campaign promise to dismantle gun control legislation to the point I can get something just big enough to stuff a particular beak full of birdshot. Maybe I should get a cat? I hear they're good at disposing of songbirds.
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
|
|
|
| A Lot MORE Than a 1000, Actually.... |
|
Posted by: DHBirr - 07-13-2017, 04:45 PM - Forum: The Game Everyone Loves To Play
- Replies (1)
|
 |
I've loved the rippling piano notes in this since first I heard it ... and then one fine day the line about falling "into the sky" made a sudden connection in my mind with the portals opened by Doug's gatesongs. And this is about the desire to return to a loved one ... no matter how long or hard the way.
A Thousand Miles
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLS4F1GY4Kg
Written & performed by Vanessa Carlton (2002)
Making my way down town
Walking fast
Faces pass
And I'm home bound
Staring blankly ahead
Just making my way
Making a way
Through the crowd
And I need you
And I miss you
And now I wonder
If I could fall
Into the sky
Do you think time
Would pass me by
'Cause you know I'd walk a thousand miles
If I could just see you, tonight
It's always times like these
When I think of you
And I wonder If you ever think of me
'Cause everything's so wrong
And I don't belong
Living in
Your precious memory
'Cause I need you
And I miss you and now I wonder
If I could fall
Into the sky
Do you think time
Would pass me by, oh
'Cause you know I'd walk a thousand miles
If I could just see you tonight
And I, I don't want to let you know I,
I drown in your memory I,
I don't want to let this go
I, I don't.
Making my way down town walking fast
Faces pass
And I'm home bound
Staring blankly ahead
Making my way
Making a way
Through the crowd
And I still need you
And I still miss you
And now I wonder
If I could fall into the sky
Do you think time, would pass us by
'Cause you know I'd walk a thousand miles
If I could just see you, now
If I could fall into the sky
Do you think time would pass me by
'Cause you know I'd walk a thousand miles
If I could just see you
If I could just hold you, tonight.
-----
Big Brother is watching you. And damn, you are so bloody BORING.
|
|
|
| Something from Miracle of Sound |
|
Posted by: Norgarth - 07-10-2017, 05:59 PM - Forum: The Game Everyone Loves To Play
- No Replies
|
 |
not game/movie inspired, but rather about moving on from broken relationships
Lyrics in the description
Could make for a good gatesong
___________________________
"I've always wanted to be somebody, but I should have been more specific." - George Carlin
|
|
|
|