Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Fun] The Douglass Gardens Sessions
RE: [OOC] The Douglass Gardens Sessions
Just for the record, HTT is not the only musician around.  I found a few things shoppable into album covers:

This one is probably opera, just FYI.

Probably the first album/single with a simple design. (Also I can't unsee the two adjacent groups of three black keys.)

Tomoyo insisted on Sakura's name going first.  (Actually the original artist did; I think I matched the font reasonably well without really trying too hard.

Tomoyo also sings some old pop standards.

Source of all of these is Danbooru; I have higher resolution versions I'll upload to the wiki.  It would be nice if there were more pictures of Athena, but that's how it goes.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
If Nao is producing all of these, we're going to need to split the "Bonus Sessions" into their own list... and increase the release rate. More releases in July and August, and maybe more starting September 2017 when she starts college and can justify the work as equivalent-to-course-load credit toward her degree (assuming Rutgers allows that).
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
You realize the hubbub this is going to cause in online fan communities, especially when some dedicated wonk does the work to confirm that yes, that sounds just like Character X's seiyuu, except they're singing in unaccented English, which it's known they can't. (I am, of course, assuming the refugees have the voices of -- or voices closely resembling those of -- their original performers.)
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
(09-24-2021, 04:13 AM)Labster Wrote: It would be nice if there were more pictures of Athena, but that's how it goes.

You have to know where to look. Nine pages of pictures with Athena in them and one more image on page 10, including more images of just Athena than I expected to see.

Also including this one, which I just pulled into GIMP, cropped, and added titles to. Larger version going onto the wiki...

.png   Canzoni (smaller).png (Size: 348.61 KB / Downloads: 107)
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
(09-24-2021, 07:42 AM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: You realize the hubbub this is going to cause in online fan communities, especially when some dedicated wonk does the work to confirm that yes, that sounds just like Character X's seiyuu, except they're singing in unaccented English, which it's known they can't.  (I am, of course, assuming the refugees have the voices of -- or voices closely resembling those of -- their original performers.)

But of course - the secret needs to leak out somehow, after all.

(I've been assuming "closely resembling".)
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
One more for the cover collection - this time, for the idol-turning-serious-singer from Comic Party.

Attached Files
.png   Asahi Sakurai cover (smaller).png (Size: 327.94 KB / Downloads: 89)
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Taking a page from The Beatles and going minimalist with a cover - once.

--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
(09-22-2021, 05:15 PM)robkelk Wrote: I don't know which one I like best for Ui's album cover:

Option 1: Classic pose, but no guitar
Option 2: School uniform and a classic amp stack
Option 3: Something she might actually wear to practice
Option 4: Something else - provide a link to the image...

(09-22-2021, 07:30 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: I kinda like option 3.

Right - I should do something with that ... once I come up with a name for her EP.

Same artist as Ui's option 3 above, this time for Mio - which one should I use?
Option A
Option B
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Outright grabbing this one might be considered... felonious.

I'm here all week, folks!

(See also the same fan artist's other pastiches .. and his art of Wakaba Girls, from which I'm grabbing this one for their combined album.)
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
(09-24-2021, 12:01 PM)robkelk Wrote: Same artist as Ui's option 3 above, this time for Mio - which one should I use?
Option A
Option B

Option B.

Now here's a question... how many of these covers are going to be real photos taken in-universe, and how many are scavenged fan art off the Net? (We already know Yui has papered on entire wall of her room at Douglass with K-On! fan art, after all.)
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
(09-24-2021, 12:40 PM)robkelk Wrote: Outright grabbing this one might be considered... felonious.

<snrk>
-- Bob

(09-24-2021, 12:40 PM)robkelk Wrote: (See also the same fan artist's other pastiches.)

I have.  There are some good images there for the various EPs.

And someone ought to send Gryphon a link of the pic of Yui playing a Dobro, since she does that very thing in the K-On! stuff from Undocumented Features.
-- Bob

(09-24-2021, 12:50 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote:
(09-24-2021, 12:01 PM)robkelk Wrote: Same artist as Ui's option 3 above, this time for Mio - which one should I use?
Option A
Option B

Option B. 

Now here's a question... how many of these covers are going to be real photos taken in-universe, and how many are scavenged fan art off the Net?  (We already know Yui has papered on entire wall of her room at Douglass with K-On! fan art, after all.)

I'm using scavenged fan art because I don't have a residence full of illustrators at my disposal... but Nao does. In-universe, they'd be photos or original art that happens to look like what we're using.

Nodoka's cover would be a sketch. Mugi's, Mio's, and Asahi's would be photos. Azusa's would be a photo collage.

EDIT: Of course, some photos might be inspired by fan art.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Two more - again, larger on the wiki.

.jpg   From My Heart (smaller).jpg (Size: 113.68 KB / Downloads: 94)

.jpg   Songs in the Key of M (smaller).jpg (Size: 136.89 KB / Downloads: 94)
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Yeesh... for a moment there, I thought I was going to have to go with this image of "are you sure that isn't Fate cosplaying as Sumire?"... until I discovered this one that's definitely Sumire. And she's holding drumsticks.

For Jun, there's an embarrassment of riches. So, asking once again:
Option 1
Option 2
Option 3
Option 4 - which at first I didn't like, but the watercolour effect is growing on me, and it would make the image unique
Option 5 - showing her non-musical defining traits
Option 6 - because somebody should have a sense of humour
Option 7

EDIT: Oh, yes:

.png   Beginner's Badges (smaller).png (Size: 156.29 KB / Downloads: 86)

RE-EDIT: Sumire

.png   Just a Girl (smaller).png (Size: 85.02 KB / Downloads: 84)
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
I think an hour is enough hunting. Opinions for Ritsu's album cover, please:
Option A
Option B
Option C
Option D
Option E
Option F

(I have no idea what we're going to do for the OnNaGumi girls - there's no images of any of them on e-shuushuu, and Safebooru doesn't have much either.)
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
One more before I logout for the evening - the one that in universe started it all off.

This one could be scavenged fanart and hand-lettering - it was intended as a one-off, after all.

.jpg   Douglass Gardens Session (smaller).jpg (Size: 129.64 KB / Downloads: 110)
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
(09-24-2021, 07:31 PM)robkelk Wrote: One more before I logout for the evening

I lied. Have a Bonus Session.

.png   Fantasies on Strings (smaller).png (Size: 267.08 KB / Downloads: 106)

EDIT: Obviously, Tomoyo designed Mikoto's dress here. Smile
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Yeah, it's a stupid pun... but, hey, at least we aren't ignoring him altogether. Have another Bonus Session.

.jpg   Child's Play (smaller).jpg (Size: 60.84 KB / Downloads: 91)
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
A couple more Bonus Sessions

.jpg   letting go (smaller).jpg (Size: 172.63 KB / Downloads: 85)

Sendo might have painted a watercolour of Michiru for this one.

.jpg   Celestial Serenades (smaller).jpg (Size: 63.3 KB / Downloads: 85)

Definitely a photo - and she does her own special effects. Smile
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
...I'm getting the feeling that Douglass Gardens is going to turn into the destination for any refugee with musical talent.
-- Bob

Might wanna invest in turning a unit or two into a full-fledged recording studio. Big Grin
(09-25-2021, 01:37 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: ...I'm getting the feeling that Douglass Gardens is going to turn into the destination for any refugee with musical talent.

"Nao-san, please help me with my music homework!"

.jpg   Cytherian Dreams.jpg (Size: 77.7 KB / Downloads: 72)

Minako is attending a performing arts high school, after all... and she already has four insert songs in the anime, so all Nao needs to do is engineer the disc.

(09-25-2021, 03:06 PM)Black Aeronaut Wrote: Might wanna invest in turning a unit or two into a full-fledged recording studio.  Big Grin

According to the wiki, it already has one. (Just down the hall from the home theater.)
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
(09-24-2021, 04:39 PM)robkelk Wrote: For Jun, there's an embarrassment of riches. So, asking once again:
Option 1
Option 2
Option 3
Option 4 - which at first I didn't like, but the watercolour effect is growing on me, and it would make the image unique
Option 5 - showing her non-musical defining traits
Option 6 - because somebody should have a sense of humour
Option 7

(09-24-2021, 06:59 PM)robkelk Wrote: I think an hour is enough hunting. Opinions for Ritsu's album cover, please:
Option A
Option B
Option C
Option D
Option E
Option F

Bump.

If I don't hear otherwise, I'm going with Option 2 and Option... C? D?

Now to look for something for Yui's EP while I'm waiting for opinions...
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
I can see option 2, but I kinda like 1 and 4. And 6 is so much like the cover of Weird Al's "Off The Deep End" album that it needs to be used somewhere.

As for Ritsu, D or E.
-- Bob