Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC][Fun] Image thread? Image thread.
RE: [OOC][Fun] Image thread? Image thread.
Something for a few years down the road. Don't ask me why Last Order still has an ahoge.

[Image: __accelerator_and_last_order_toaru_majut...d24010.jpg]

Source, although I got it from here
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
Amazing what one finds while looking for character illustrations for the wiki... One of these we can use right now (even if it is from Crystal), the other has to wait until Arc 2.

"In the name of the Moon, we will punish you!"

"In the name of victory and fair play, we will roll over you!"

[Image: __tsukino_usagi_sailor_moon_mizuno_ami_a...40c499.png][Image: __nishizumi_miho_nishizumi_maho_itsumi_e...6b8740.jpg]

Larger versions: PGSM and GuP
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Found on joyreactor:  Yui in her room at Douglass Gardens, just after participating in a holiday celebration at Rutgers:

-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
Kenichi Sonoda draws the girls from Lucky Star.

Yeah. Sonoda. Lucky Star.

Luckily, it isn't ecchi-mode Sonoda. Which means it features his other artist appeal, of course. Where would ordinary Japanese girls get their hands on those? (Metacontinuity Rob glances at Metacontinuity Ben, raises an eyebrow)

[Image: __hiiragi_kagami_izumi_konata_hiiragi_ts...533eb9.jpg]
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Hey, don't fault me for coming from a clan of Cajun Hot Heads and Mestizo Determinators. After all, it's not like my mom packs heat....

....She just wants to learn to use a long-bow and a tomahawk instead, and mostly for the visceral appeal. (Okay, and she doesn't like the idea of picking buckshot out of her venison, but you know, Hatchet Lady and all...)

That said? I think every good little lady deserves a gun~. Or even anti-armor weapons. Wink

(That, and the proper training to go with them, because we ain't stupid here.)
What did you do, Yui????

[Image: __akiyama_mio_nakano_azusa_hirasawa_yui_...ba27a2.jpg]

Source

(Poor Azusa - fated to be the girl who trips while running away from the monster...)
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Not exactly "I thought of something I loved as a child... something that never would harm me..."

... or is it? At least she's not likely to step on a church.
--
‎noli esse culus
No one who saw Death Devil perform live will think of Sawa-chan-sensei as harmless.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
Why be a queen when you can be a captain?

[Image: QGg2HZ7l.jpg]

Usagi joins the Navy?

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.
"Sailor Moon the Popeye". <grin>
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
Consider how powerful Drosselmeyer is.

In canon, this is how Ami reacts to simply receiving a love letter, let alone opening and reading one:

[Image: 12DB3hNlTBrzTHdHXkDb8k5Gxb7.jpg]

In TNB, nobody noticed how far out of character she was during November and December 2016.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
(12-17-2021, 04:52 PM)robkelk Wrote: Consider how powerful Drosselmeyer is.

In canon, this is how Ami reacts to simply receiving a love letter, let alone opening and reading one:

[Image: 12DB3hNlTBrzTHdHXkDb8k5Gxb7.jpg]

In TNB, nobody noticed how far out of character she was during November and December 2016.

To be fair my SI was nowhere near her at the time.  And falling in love all the time is kind of encouraged in her peer group.

robkelk Wrote:Consider how powerful Drosselmeyer is.
Oh, I have.  And I'm not the only one.  Here, have a link to RWBY Fairy Tales, episode 5. (But don't watch unless you've seen RWBY V6:E3, which is the pivot point of the series.)
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
As I implied here, I'm doing wiki work today.

Next up, somebody who we won't see until the very end of Arc 1:

[Image: __misaka_worst_toaru_majutsu_no_index_an...584eeb.jpg]

Stubbing her page now because the list of wanted wiki pages is too long for my comfort...
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
I was browsing today's deep-discount sale at Daz3D and found an environment that's almost what I had sketched out for the one-bedroom apartments at Blossom. So I bought a copy. Now all I need to do is download it, loat it into the software, lose the string of Xmas lights, add some sanitary plumbing to the room that has a door, add the required-by-building-code electrical sockets, and furnish it in a few different ways depending on the occupant (the sofa we've already established is in Mikoto's apartment, some bookshelves for Ami, a multi-computer setup for Kazari, etc.)

[Image: 01-mini-apartment-2-daz3d.jpg]

[Image: 04-mini-apartment-2-daz3d.jpg]

[Image: 08-mini-apartment-2-daz3d.jpg]
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
2500 euro a month here, if you're lucky.

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.
More if you want plumbing, right?

That kitchenette unit is modelled all in one piece, the doors don't open, and the oven/cooker is crap... so I'll have to figure out something to replace it. (The utensils are good, though.) And add some closet space near the door while I'm at it - maybe a wardrobe if I can find one. (One does not hang snow-covered winter coats in one's bedroom closet in Canada.)
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
It looks better with bathroom fixtures... and a bathroom that has a complete wall. Still need to add at least a coat rack at the door (no room for a wardrobe)... and light switches, and power sockets. And replace the kitchenette prop with something that can be manipulated, so (for example) Mako-chan can cook instead of just standing in the kitchen area. And add a balcony instead of the fencing immediately on the outside of the balcony doors.

Then I can start customizing things other than getting rid of the "dust collectors" in the bedroom (because none of the displacees at Blossom will want those particular decorations) and changing the default picture on the living room wall.

.png   Small apartment test render 2 smaller.png (Size: 357.4 KB / Downloads: 73)

(Oh, yes - by the licenses of the resources I used to get this far, now I can set the re-use license on my image. CC-BY-4.0 International, please credit "Rob Kelk".)
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Is the wall thing just a picture, or is it supposed to be a flat-screen TV? I figured the latter, with the grey things on either side of it speakers.
--
‎noli esse culus
That's a TV and speakers, yes. Not that the environment set includes a remote to, you know, switch it on...

It's probably the only thing outside the bathroom that will remain in all of the apartments, as I re-furnish them to the occupants' tastes. (Kazari's getting a loft bed, for example, and Ami's losing the picture on the wall near the floor lamp and getting a bookcase.)
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Huh, I didn't even see the pictuire frames on that wall somehow. {shrug}

Rather than a straight bookshelf for Ami, might I suggest a... I think it's called a secretary desk? Basically a rolltop desk with an added set of shelves (sometimes enclosed with glass doors) over the rolltop and pidgeonholes. She seems like the kind of girl who'd appreciate a writing/study area besides the kitchenette or coffee table, and a secretary desk still gives you a half-height bookcase as well. With the pidgeonholes and desk drawers she could move the floor lamp or replace it with a desk lamp, drop the filing cabinet, and have a full bookcase as well, for that matter.
--
‎noli esse culus
Ami studies everywhere, including at the beach. She doesn't need a special place to study. She does need some place to put all her books, lest she go down the path set by Yomiko Readman.

Art by Naoko Takeuchi:

[Image: __mizuno_ami_bishoujo_senshi_sailor_moon...d67bc9.jpg]

And the same scene fron the anime:

[Image: Ami22.jpg]

EDIT:
(12-20-2021, 12:28 AM)classicdrogn Wrote: drop the filing cabinet

That's an AC unit. Since Blossom has central air, that'll be dropped from everybody's apartments... as soon as I put some air vents into the scene, which means I need to find or make some air vents.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Found while looking for the above images of Ami in the tub: A doujin cover that could totally happen in the Metacontinuity now. The title translates as "Heisei Glasses Heroine 【Volume I】"

[Image: __mizuno_ami_himemiya_anthy_and_hououji_...7f504c.png]

Source
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
One more, and then I go do something else.

I'm going through Hino Ryutaro's work (funny how almost every image by this artist on Safebooru has Hotaru in it Smile), and on the whole like it... but then there's this piece. Am I the only one who thinks Minako looks like Tina Foster here?

[Image: __aino_minako_chibi_usa_and_tomoe_hotaru...44929a.jpg]

Source
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
(12-18-2021, 08:27 PM)robkelk Wrote: More if you want plumbing, right?

That kitchenette unit is modelled all in one piece, the doors don't open, and the oven/cooker is crap... so I'll have to figure out something to replace it. (The utensils are good, though.) And add some closet space near the door while I'm at it - maybe a wardrobe if I can find one. (One does not hang snow-covered winter coats in one's bedroom closet in Canada.)

Today's upgrade to the Blossom one-bedroom apartment: a kitchenette with drawers and oven, fridge, and cabinet doors that actually open. Now Mako-chan can actually cook in her own kitchen! As a bonus, it takes up slightly less floor space.

EDIT: And as a second bonus, it looks to be about the same size as the kitchen area in Ruiko's apartment in canon, too. Lucky!

RE-EDIT: And since it does take up less room, I can (and have) now put in a short wall between the the kitchenette and the door. This blocks the sight line between the kitchenette and the bathroom, and provides a place just inside the door to put some coat hooks (thus answering the "where do we put our winter coats?" question). I'll do a floor-plan re-render later.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Could you throw a generic human or a human-bounding-box dudeslab (180x60x40cm should allow even a fairly tall and wide dude elbow room to carry things and/or wear a silly hat and clown shoes, as a WAG) in there? It's a little hard to judge with just the furniture, but actual working space around the table and stools looks awfully tight in that kitchenette. Or ma6ybe the cabinets just extend to ceiling that's higher than I expect.
--
‎noli esse culus