Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Crossovers That Should Not Be XV: The (Bad) Ideas Just Keep On Coming
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Jorlem Wrote:
vorticity Wrote:Tinker Sailor Soldier Spy: "Double agents that ensnare a maiden's heart -- putting a mole is the Circus is absolutely unforgivable!  In the name of Her Majesty, I will punish you!"
I guess "Soldier Sailor" is in the original nursery rhyme, so it's not that original.  Although it probably shouldn't, it makes me wonder which of the Sailor Senshi were wondering around Elizabethan England as The Doctor's companion.
Mercury and Jupiter as the official companions, with Pluto dropping in every once in a while. 
Pluto dropping in every once in a while to say hello to her grandfather...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Oh, I guess there are quite a few Sailor Moon/Doctor Who crossovers floating around out there, which I probably should have known a priori.  I might have gone with Minako myself, just to have the whole unrequited love thing going on again between her and The Doctor.  Though I suppose The Doctor does remind me of the sempai who broke Mako's heart.
I probably shouldn't be taking about Doctor Who in this thread, since he basically crosses over with everything.  Actually, let me rephrase that as a challenge:  Are there any Doctor Who crossovers that Should Not Be?
-- ∇×V
vorticity Wrote:Actually, let me rephrase that as a challenge:  Are there any Doctor Who crossovers that Should Not Be?

http://www.dorktower.com/2012/09/11/cth ... -11-09-12/
--
Rob Kelk

Quote:vorticity wrote:
I probably shouldn't be taking about Doctor Who in this thread, since he basically crosses over with everything.  Actually, let me rephrase that as a challenge:  Are there any Doctor Who crossovers that Should Not Be?
Hm... Doctor Who and Bill&Ted?
Today, we've switched Gendo Ikari and Cave Johnson. Let's see whose crazed automaton destroys humanity first!
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
no no. dont bother switchng them. put them up against each other in a head to head competition, ala the annual mad scientists brawl from Igor
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children

Necratoid

I honestly think that having Minako be the one that was the Doctor's companion would only funtion in one of two ways... depressing all around (England ended badly for her)... or with her getting him to get back her missing weapons... of course if you did that you could have Pluto very confused (at least internally) on this response... that and the reason Venus keeps botching expressions is that she is originally from a timeline where those are actually correct.  She gave up on things after the ninth shift.
---
All I can see is Cave Johnson as Shinji's maternal grandfather and Rei getting jelous towards Chell and hating her because Chell's has a normal pigmentation even after all the cloning.  Actually, I can totally see the cloning process used on Rei being a result of almost, but not quite, being able read Johnson's dynamic handwriting.  Chell keeps almost escaping only doesn't because Rei keeps phoning in anonymis tips of her location.  The mystery girl with the gun things is freaking out security as they keep running into her, but can't get any proof.  Spies keep going in the secret 'back entrance' to NERV... they don't get any cake.  The computer virus angel gets lost and ends up with an internship... thus throwing off the scenario's count.  The angel of orbital mindrape implodes for no know reason after Asuka gets knocked out the beam by a thrown building... Hint: apparently raw stupid is an ultraheavy pyscic element.  The 17th angel dies ignominiously after stealling a lemon from what he thought was Shinji's lunch.
---
(Lets see if anyone gets this)
Reaper Game 37: Bypass the Reapers can't kill people in RG by tricking a mortal to do the recruiting for you.
Reaper Game 38: Convince people there is no afterlife.
A crossover between The Wire and any really out there series where super drug trader conspiracy is part of the plot; like Streetfighter.
Here's an idea that's crack even for this thread.  In the very early Sixties, meaning probably nobody here ever saw it, there was a detective show called Checkmate.  One of the three continuing characters was Dr. Carl Hyatt, formerly a don at Oxford.  He was something of an omnidisciplinary criminologist -- one episode mentioned him giving a psychological recommendation regarding a convict, but in the same episode he was conducting ballistics tests on behalf of the police.  A skilled chemist who could mix a batch of nitroglycerine without needing to re-read the instructions.  Very intelligent and competent.  Played by Sebastian Cabot (yes, Mr. French from the original Family Affair).  Swap him in for Hyatt of Excel Saga and watch things go ... oddly, very oddly indeed.
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.
I dunno, I think Shinji could use some Enrichment. The portal gun would provide a way to get the original Lance back from the moon, too... and Jet Alone sized turrets or Cooperative Testing Robots could not possibly end poorly!
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
ClassicDrogn Wrote:Jet Alone sized turrets
And you thought the Turret King was bad...
Also, is it just me, or does the concept of Cave Johnson getting his hands on metaphysical biologists sound like a VERY BAD IDEA?  We already know his turrets have both ethics chips and ethics suppressor chips; imagine telling somebody like that 'No, you can't kill these Angels like that- only a creature with a soul can penetrate their AT fields and do damage.'  He'd likely engineer bullets with their own souls... then add an afterlife chip, just for the lulz... I mean, the SCIENCE!

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Atom Bomb of Courteous Debate. Get yours.

I've been writing a bit.

RomanFanboy

"Actually, let me rephrase that as a challenge: Are there any Doctor Who crossovers that Should Not Be?"

Hmm, this is a tough one.

If you like a mad, alien, senselessly destructive Doctor, I guess go with Eclipse Phase and rule that the virus does the same thing to him it did to the TITANS.

If you like the Doctor polishing his manhood, then after being being beaten by a student, he is enrolled as a student at Otokojuku. 'I am Edajima Heihachi, Principal of Otokojuku!'

If you like those aspects of the Timelord/Tardis relationship that remind one of a Mons or Mecha series... 'Tardis, I choose you!'

Either that or a SRW cross where the 'Timelord' is also an idiot hero timelord-in-name-only, and the 'Tardis' is essentially just a really tasteless super robot.

Suppose that Zouken Matou is a future version of the Doctor.

When the Tardis Cry or We've Secretly Made Gallifrey Like Hinamizawa.

Which reminds me of the whole notion that the Doctor is really a psychopomp. What is really happening in every episode is actually part of the process of people dying.

Part of a notion I am currently enchanted with essentially involves replacing Doctor J of Gundam W with a Dalek. 'Ex-Ter-Min-Ate!' 'Mission accepted.'

I'd like to see the Doctor fix the mess in Embers. Seeing Vathara do it with the current and planned cast would be great, but it'd be neat to see anyone who could convincingly do it.

Wanders off singing 'Oh the Dalek and the Necron should be friends...'
Doctor, of the Endless?

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Atom Bomb of Courteous Debate. Get yours.

I've been writing a bit.
... because as long as there is life, there is curiosity and the urge to meddle and make things better? For whatever definition of better may apply... I can kind of see that, I suppose.

Hm, switch Raistlin with Rassilon, and what do you get? Aside from a much more 'exciting' ending to the War of the Lance...
--
From "alanscape" over on the DAZ3D forums (go to the original post and click on the image for a larger version)

I want to believe... but not in this!

[img]http://www.daz3d.com/index.php?&ACT=50&fid=41&aid=22253_3VBmbyZHnecK849PIIMs&thumb=1&board_id=1]
--
Rob Kelk

12 Monkeys
--
Rob Kelk

We've replaced Prince Zuko from Avatar: The Last Airbender with Danny Zuko from Grease. Let's see if anyone fails to notice.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
robkelk Wrote:12 Monkeys
12 Monkees.  No, I don't know who the other members would be, or what instruments they'd play.
-----
DHBirr Wrote:
robkelk Wrote:12 Monkeys
12 Monkees.  No, I don't know who the other members would be, or what instruments they'd play.
Just as long as one of them isn't ... (sorry, this is "should not be") ... one of them is the vuvuzela.
--
Rob Kelk

We've secretly replaced Thor from The Avengers with Thor from Stargate SG-1. Let's see whether anyone doesn't notice.
--
Rob Kelk

Quote:robkelk wrote:

Quote:DHBirr wrote:

Quote:robkelk wrote:

12 Monkeys
Just as long as one of them isn't ... (sorry, this is "should not be") ... one of them is the vuvuzela.
The horror ... the horror.  I'm not sure even Uwe Boll is depraved enough to produce such an abomination.
 Edited:  on second thought, I wasn't sure my original phrasing was clear.   
-----
We've secretly replaced The Avengers (film, 2012) with The Avengers (British TV, 1961). Let's see if Nick Fury notices.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Bob Schroeck Wrote:We've secretly replaced The Avengers (film, 2012) with The Avengers (British TV, 1961). Let's see if Nick Fury notices.
Well, Mrs Peel does have simular taste in clothing to Black Widow.
--
Rob Kelk

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13