Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Crossovers That Should Not Be XV: The (Bad) Ideas Just Keep On Coming
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Fighter: SWORDCHUCKS YO!

Shirou: .....

Shirou:....

Shirou:.... BRILLIANT!
Destroyermen and Black Lagoon.
Jinx999 Wrote:Destroyermen and Black Lagoon.
.. wrong thread, dude. You want Crossovers that Should Be.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

Reyemile

Angryoptimist

Evangelion done in the style of http://achewood.com/index.php?date=10082007]Achewood.
  • %[link=http://xkcd.com/1288/]XKCD #1288]
  • %[link=http://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/foxreplace/?src=search]FoxReplace for Firefox]
Two great tastes that go great together!
I've been reading too many F/SN fics lately.

"UNLIMITED RAMEN WORKS!"
..yeah. Heroic Spirit Naruto Uzumaki.

Or, maybe Shirou summons Writer instead of Saber:
"You insignifigant mongrel. Your Servant is a doddering old man with a quill. What do you expect him to do against me?"
"Lee-san? If you would, please?"
"Excelsior! UNLIMITED HERO WORKS!" Hey, UHW combined with Revolving Door Heaven would turn Gilly-boy into a Curb Stomp Victim in short order. Couldn't happen to a more deserving jerk.

And then, of course, there's Unlimited Friendship Works (and how!). But getting all 6 of the Elements as one Servant seems a bit problematic....
SkyeFire Wrote:And then, of course, there's Unlimited Friendship Works (and how!). But getting all 6 of the Elements as one Servant seems a bit problematic....
That's funny.  I thought UFW would involve a lot of bronze polearms, red spheres, and pink light.
Or would that be Unlimited Befriending Works?

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Atom Bomb of Courteous Debate. Get yours.

I've been writing a bit.

Necratoid

Come discover that jellybeans are the key to the powers of the Elder Gods in: A Boy and his Shoggoth
---
I know its shouldn't bes... but I don't like ones that are reliant on ignoring what boils down to game mechanics.
I'd think that UHW would fail outright as your fighting Gilgamesh.  Goldie has Ea... Ea one shots worlds (reality marbles easy... its cannon)... the main reason Shiro works so well against him is that Goldie goes into fits of denile and 'faker hatred' at Shiro (in part makes him remember that he is the Mark 2 model of himself and he literally has a major thing for first models... it his main power).  He literally refuses to believe that Shiro can actually be enough of a threat to one shot.  Shiro stun locks Goldie into an Ego loop, breaking that loop ends with Ea.
That and Shiro isn't even a Heroic Spirit and can match him, Heroic Spirit and King of Heros, Gilgamesh at his own game... while badly trained and with literally days of practice.  Okay he is getting a mana boost outside, but still... Shiro is more of a cosmic horror to him, then the pantheon he got Ea from.  Shiro critically fails Goldie's makes sense test.
Unlimited Befriending Works...  means Goldie gets Primordial Lost Logia spam.  Ea ends p one of a set of 5000 or so antiworld items.
We've switched Judge Cassandra Anderson (of Mega-City 1)with Judge Harry Anderson (of Manhatten's night court), let's see what happens.

I've been writing a bit.
Or Neo "Misterrrrr Anderrrrsoonnnnn"?
Or Amy "North American Sailor Mercury" Anderson?
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
I figured I was switching two _Judge_ Andersons.

We've secretly replaced Amy Anderson (NA-dub's Sailor Mercury) with Eimi Anderson (the AI traveling with Doug Sangnoir). Let's see whether anyone notices...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Well, on occasion the hardware changes colors to white-and-blue...
-- Bob
---------
Bob Schroeck Wrote:Well, on occasion the hardware changes colors to white-and-blue...
And at those times, overheating is definately not a problem. 8)

RomanFanboy

Coincidentally, I was mulling over the problem of Fate/Step Night yesterday evening.
Summoning by reagent only suggests Sun Wukong to me, who has the problem of not being human, and the problem of likely being entirely uncontrollable.  (Doug probably doesn't have the word for the headband.)
I'm also kind of lost as who would be appropriate for summoning based off of personal compatibility.  Any suggestions for either Bob?
I'm also afraid that the specific notion I'm working with is more of 'can't think of anyone else, maybe Doug will work' rather than being well suited to a Step.
I'm currently trying to think of a) settings circa 2060-2070s, b) fantasy settings with travel to or from earth like ZnT/FoZ or maybe Twelve Kingdoms, and c) magical dimensional travellers like Doug.

In a further attempt to specify Doctor Who crosses that vorticity would agree should not be:
Along the line of Zouken Matou, it can be proposed that any vile character of unknown background is actually the Doctor suffering from a pathological regeneration.  For example, Precia Testarossa.  Combine with some of the stuff about sealing time lord nature for extra plausibility.
I've got a particularly confusing one involving Eva.  First, some Doctor after the twelfth or thirteenth regenerated into Yui Ikari.  Fuyutsuki was one of her former companions, and the real father of Shinji Ikari.  Then, the truth of the Yui-Eva incident is that she regenerated into Gendo, with obsessions and everything.  (This Gendo is deluded when he thinks that Yui had a separate existence.)  What we see of it in the series is a combination of fabricated records and Shinji's memories being unreliable.
'Doctor regenerates into a young girl, under the care of an older male companion' could have room for a lot of creepy if there is anything about Kodomo no Jikan or Haikaru Genji that squicks you out.
Suppose the Doctor has a young female injured companion.  (Could be Susan, could be a young Amy, could be Ace, pick your favorite.)  He takes her to the Social Welfare Agency, has her turned into a cyborg, and becomes her handler.  It comes to mind that Ace's death fighting in Italy could fit into canon fairly well.  (Also, the wiki entry on Ace looks a little like a mild case of being a Slayer, from Buffy.)
Lastly, both Time Lords and Warhammer 40k space marines have two hearts.  'Battle Brother Who'  'Luckily I can can put a stop to this Xeno and or Heresy by application of the Sonic Bolter to induce a neutron flow.'

Necratoid

Most of those issues can be resolved by making it a different Timelord that is going through the regenerations.
Actually, I can totally see the Docter showing up during a Necron attack and the entire force stopping dead and teleporting away or otherwise fleeing in what for anyone else would be a blind panic... Much confusion reigns and several of the Necron are unmoving after he pointed a magic wand at them.  The Space Marines are all huffy as the Emperor left explicit instructions that that should such a thing occur they owe him a pint.
Meanwhile, there is a ship of Twisted Chaos traveling the Warp Sea that has a dread cargo entirely composed of hand written hate mail from a certain avian plotter.
Roman, if you're going to make it OOC!Doctor, then a lot of things could go wrong. But The Doctor faces pretty scary stuff essentially every trip, so I don't think a few Orks are going to stop the man. (Case in point: My next door neighbor just got a statuary angel, and I keep looking over there to make sure it hasn't moved. Dammit.) Heck, I don't think he even has enough SAN points for Cthulhu to affect him.

I actually kind of like the idea of a young female regeneration. Bratty super-genius that constantly gets into trouble, anyone? Wait... ... would he regenerate into Skuld?
-- ∇×V
You've seen The Curse of Fatal Death, right?
-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.
RomanFanboy Wrote:Coincidentally, I was mulling over the problem of Fate/Step Night yesterday evening.
Summoning by reagent only suggests Sun Wukong to me, who has the problem of not being human, and the problem of likely being entirely uncontrollable.  (Doug probably doesn't have the word for the headband.)
I'm also kind of lost as who would be appropriate for summoning based off of personal compatibility.  Any suggestions for either Bob?
I'd also like to know, for the sake of completion, what Doug's reaction to ending up a Master would be... and what sort of magus would summon him without a catalyst.
The mind boggles.

I've been writing a bit.
I have no suggestions or even faint ideas to offer, as I know nothing about Fate/Stay Night beyond the fact that it exists.
-- Bob
---------
Hard to properly summarize, so feel free to chip in if I get something wrong.
Basically, mages exist, and they spend their time trying to figure out Everything.  One method is the Holy Grail (not related), which is accessed through tournaments called Grail Wars (or Heaven's Feel, but let's not get into that).  Seven mages get chosen, they go to a certain city, and each summon a Servant- a hero of legend, empowered through their legends, armed with the tools they had in myth, and given strength by their summoner- to fight to the death.  The last Servant standing gets the Grail.  Oh, and killing Masters will (usually) end their Servants, so the summoners are fair game... and the mundanes, and the surroundings... as long as you don't reveal the existence of magic, everything is permitted.
There's a good bit of mysticism, lost information, and outright lies about what's really happening, so nobody knows the truth.  The Servants think the War works one way, and the Masters have a different idea.  Neither is accurate, but nobody knows it until the crap hits the wall... which it does, in impressive quantities.  Lots of people die, either as collateral damage (or intentional damage, for that matter), or to power up the combatants.  Speaking of, over half the participants in the War, summoned or otherwise, are horrible examples of humanity.
If Doug was summoned as a Servant, he'd be dependent on his summoner (or killing innocents) for his continued existence and combat power, summoned into a class (Berserker, Saber, Lancer, Archer, Caster, Rider, or Assassin, each of which has its own requirements, and emphasizes some aspect of the Servant), and bound by three Command Seals- geasa, basically.  If he were a Master, he'd be hunted by the other six (or more; cheating is something of a tradition) and their Servants, expected to summon a Servant and fight for the Grail, and, more interestingly, exposed to the other Masters (callous, paranoid, amoral and/or psychotic) and Servants (often callous and amoral, sometimes insane and/or psychotic, always willing to resort to violence).  Either way, I can see him not liking the situation.

I've been writing a bit.
Doug would probably fit in best as Lancer, altho I could see him summoned as Caster as well...

Of Servants for him to summon, hmmm. The system looks for a fit both in personality and in internal nature... Saber could fit Bob's ideals and sense of duty... or maybe Fate/Zero's Lancer... possibly an Assassain or Archer (altho not Gil)... hmmm. Depends to some degree on when Bob gets picked.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

Necratoid

To expand upon that what Bluemage said and keep it vague.  The Holy Grail created during the war is suppose to grant any wish, once summoned.  To summon a Heroic Spirit, defined as anyone in history (nonlinear and muliversal, as the source of them the Throne of Heroes is basically a mystic organ of the universe connecting many timelines/universes) that is heard of enough to actually be worth mentioing to any large group of people.  Historical accuracy compaired to what people thing they were like is slanted torwards whatever their hype said about them.  You can random summon for someone that matches up with your mind set... or have some personal item of the target summon for a catalyst.  The older the legend the more power then generally get.  Though that means having to actually supply the mana to them somehow.  The civilian population is concidered a farmable resource by many of the participant mages.
I say suppose to grant any wish as, in the canon, the first two Grail wars ended in mutual anihilation. The third war, one of the three families that set it up came late to the party and didn't get a severant to participate with.  Mages being rather commonly forged of warped or downright hidiously decayed moral fiber decided to tack on an eigth class of the seven actually built into the system.  They weren't the family responable for setting up the class system and and managed to screw things up a bit, then summoned the eighth severant... Avenger.  You know because they were 'wronged' by the world... not summoning fast enough and all.  Avenger gets no bonuses from its class and relies entirely on its legend.  Avenger died quickly due to being basically kamikazied by stupid people.  Everyone else mutually anihilated each other again so no one actually called them on the eigth participant thing... though they'd probably respond with agreeing that was a great idea.  This is exactly as bad an idea as it sounds.  At least.
But the fourth grail war... only most of them participants died, some didn't even stay dead... Real Progress!!!  Pity that one of them obliterated the Grail rather than actually making a wish.  The explitive... How can we actually use the Holy Grail War for being amoral, power gaming munchkins if non of the participant actually tell us details.  Clearly something is wrong with that guy.  That is okay... now that we know surviving the war is actually possible, rather than a nessassary side effect of the system, we can prepare for the next war.  Which is in 60 years as it will take the four lei lines that intersect there that long to repower the ritual.
The real problem here is that not only did the eighth class end up as not quite having a spot in the grail to be assimilated into as a power source like the other classes, meaning Avenger is sitting around brooding about his problem with running volleys of stupid people screwing him over as much as possible.  Considering his back story is that one day some people got a cunning plan to rid the world of Evil for every and every.  So they picked some little boy at random and literally dumped every curse in the world on him (this is self updating) and publicly had him beaten to death as a scape goat.  Strangely this didn't solve the problem of Evil for all time... instead this made the boy's spirit rather upset with them.  They dealt with this completely unforeseeable result by making a major religion that decided he was the source of all Evil and everyone should hate him forever.  The ungrateful brat had the audacity to not appreciate their efforts... what is wrong with him.  They are saving the world after all.
Why yes their is a viel with death penalty to those who discover mages on this world... why do you ask?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13