Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: COVID-19 Check-in Thread Part II
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Still around. Had a bit of a scare over the weekend because I was contacted due to possible exposure, but my test came back negative, so I'm (hopefully) in the clear. For now.
One more pointed reminder that I need to increase my activity level. Picked up a library hold and then had an errand in Center City that I needed to run. Walking to the library took an unexpectedly long time. Then I caught a bus to Center City and spent much too much time walking around there. This was not helped by bus detours caused by the movie industry. Bleah.

Still, I'm alive.
Weekly check-in time.  No changes here, still going into the office.
Job interview tomorrow. Wish me luck.
I remain alive, well and of normal size. First meeting with new therapist tomorrow. My wireless keyboard needs either a new battery or to be taken apart and vacuumed inside.
(10-15-2020, 07:49 PM)ECSNorway Wrote: [ -> ]Job interview tomorrow. Wish me luck.

Wished.
Hope the interview went well!

Saw someone at work today who wore "Spaceballs the Face Mask." I'm feelin' good. There's still hope.
Alive and kicking, though apparently kicking is bad as I accidentally kicked a shoe yesterday with my baby toe and now its purple enough to resemble a grape!
Still working from home for the thirty-sixth week in a row. Still COVID free.
Have had to make an appointment for early November to get the seasonal flu shot. It's insane right now trying to get one of those. Still Covid-free, and still spending more time than usual isolated in the house. I've reached out to a place in Ottawa that helps people on disability find work. In this climate, that may be a lost cause, but I should still try, anyway.
I'm still alive and, so far as I know, uninfected.  Calloo, callay.
I thought I'd checked in this week. Remedying that now.
Weekly check-in time again.  Office still lonely by myself, but at least I'm not stuck at home most of the time.
Recovering, slowly but steadily, from Baby's First Colonoscopy. The good news is, I really didn't feel a thing -- one moment I was lying on my side in the viewing room, hearing the nurse-anesthetist point out that she'd only said I wouldn't wake up with a weird taste in my mouth; the next thing I remember, I was reviewing the first of at least three bullet-pointed slides (whose contents all elude my memory); the next thing after that, I was in the recovery cubicle. The not-so-good news is, my major intestine may still be reacting to the Suprep; at the very least, bubbling things are going on inside me. The really good news is, barring some Major Mishap, I don't have to have another one until 2030.
Still here. Still alive. Note to self, garlic is a FODMAP.
(10-22-2020, 04:37 PM)Mamorien Wrote: [ -> ]The not-so-good news is, my major intestine may still be reacting to the Suprep; at the very least, bubbling things are going on inside me.

The first (and so far, only) colonoscopy I had, in '13, one of the things the medical staff warned me of beforehand was that I'd be very flatulent for several hours afterward.  So unless it's already been a day or more for you, I think maybe the "bubbling things going on inside" aren't necessarily a sign of problems.
(10-22-2020, 06:26 PM)DHBirr Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-22-2020, 04:37 PM)Mamorien Wrote: [ -> ]The not-so-good news is, my major intestine may still be reacting to the Suprep; at the very least, bubbling things are going on inside me.

The first (and so far, only) colonoscopy I had, in '13, one of the things the medical staff warned me of beforehand was that I'd be very flatulent for several hours afterward.  So unless it's already been a day or more for you, I think maybe the "bubbling things going on inside" aren't necessarily a sign of problems.

Having had 4 so far (yay genetic diseases that recommend much more frequent screening...) the gas effects lasted for 4-6 hoursish afterwards.
(10-22-2020, 06:47 PM)RMH999 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-22-2020, 06:26 PM)DHBirr Wrote: [ -> ]

Having had 4 so far (yay genetic diseases that recommend much more frequent screening...) the gas effects lasted for 4-6 hoursish afterwards.

As it happened, I took another look at the post-procedure instructions and saw a heating pad recommended; that eased things considerably, and a good night's sleep gave the last traces time to go away.
Another week, another check-in. Possible snow in the weather forecast for Friday.
Status at Festung Birr unchanged.
No change here. Just a really rough, high friction sort of week. It's only Wednesday, and I'm completely and utterly stick a fork in me done already.
Taking 2 weeks time off at home.

Had planned on a BBQ with friends and a quiet time in Wexofrd but the lockdown hammer dropped.
Still here. Still Alive. Still not getting to see Ghostbusters Afterlife or... any movie at a theater, really. Is this still living?
Well, being able to complain about it means we're probably still alive. Complying with the testing and isolation procedures means that when they're dying we'll be still alive.

Just stay suspicious of any magic voices promising cake.
Ouch. Welp, I accidentally dropped this week's check-in into the general Covid thread, so I'll just wave here.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13