Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: COVID-19 Check-in Thread Part II
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
The last pandemic to take over the world lasted from 1917 to 1920 IIRC, so... being free of it in 2021 is probably rather optimistic.

Especially since covid is far sneakier and slower to express itself than the Spanish flu.
not helping my hopes that the Star Trek Cruise I started paying for this year really will go off in 2022 like they have been saying....
Still alive, I guess.
Still here and going into work.
Still alive. (No cake.)

And we're now officially in the second wave of the pandemic. Restrictions that had been loosened are being re-tightened.
(09-11-2020, 10:46 PM)aku Wrote: [ -> ]Ping from smoky Vancouver, getting it all from down south.
This will be a (mostly) in-doors weekend.

Well, this was in-door week.

The smoke is finally going away, with AQI moving into the green last night. Quite quickly too.
We now have rain.
On the third hand, that is so much more preferable.

Oh, yes, still alive ... No cake Wink

(Huh. I must have seen Rob's message, if only subconsciously)
Checking in. Still here.
Still here. My therapist of roughly three-and-a-half years is leaving to provide Our Troops with PTSD counseling; my last appointment with him is Friday week, and he'll be working to get me transferred in the meantime.
Still alive.

Work performance collapsing. I haven't had 6 weeks this bad in years - with a complete inability to do anything right. Have time booked off for the end of the October but the 2nd wave will kill that.

Fucking cunt virus and fucking cunts spreading it.
Still here. No change so far.
Still chugging along. Still getting annoyed anything we go out shopping for essentials and see people doing masks wrong (or not at all, in spite of the state Mandate). I'm trying hard not to go full on "we order it all online from now on and stay shut in as much as we can" every time I see more than one person in a store visit with their mask OFF their damned nose (at which point you're doing lip service to the mandate), said mask off the face and around the neck (which is even worse because that's not even lip service at that point), and even the two last time that had no masks at all (she was on a scooter, so may have had health issues precluding mask use, he was walking under his own power next to her, but I'll also admit I was already on edge because of two each of the former).
Had another day with six hours of Zoom meetings.  Can the pandemic be over yet, please?  I feel like I'm about to hit max-Q here and may undergo RUD.

Downtown, where there's really the only sizable gathering of people off the beaches, about 20% of people aren't wearing masks.  It's outside, right?  This is just enough to keep circulating the germs.  Out in the housing tracts, almost no one wears masks, but it's not hard to socially distance if all you need to do to pass someone is to walk ten feet out into an empty street.  This includes me, now that it stopped smelling like smoke everywhere.  But if you're going to be around a lot of people, wear a mask.  Wear it on your face, over your air holes, you dumb fucks.  It's all about reducing risks.

(09-20-2020, 04:20 PM)Dartz Wrote: [ -> ]Still alive.

Work performance collapsing. I haven't had 6 weeks this bad in years - with a complete inability to do anything right. Have time booked off for the end of the October but the 2nd wave will kill that.

Fucking cunt virus and fucking cunts spreading it.

Yes, I'm doing poorly enough that I'm demanding a change to my job -- any change.  I gave my boss a whole list of choices.  I'm almost hoping he opts for the "dismiss and replace Brent" option I included (for completeness, of course) because at least I could have a few days away from work.  I haven't had three days off in a row since Thanksgiving.
Still here
Just finished the hump day of my twenty-eighth week of working from home.
No change in status.
Checking in.  Office is getting quieter again as people go back to working from home.
On Monday night, my older brother called my parents with and for an update on various matters. I missed the early part of the call due to a Zoom meeting of the Franklin County Democratic Committee meeting, so it took until today for it to come out in conversation that my elder nephew, Rip's first-born son, is now in the category said, by the only president* we've got, to contain "virtually nobody." We think he'll be okay, or maybe we just hope it.
(09-24-2020, 04:40 PM)Mamorien Wrote: [ -> ]On Monday night, my older brother called my parents with and for an update on various matters. I missed the early part of the call due to a Zoom meeting of the Franklin County Democratic Committee meeting, so it took until today for it to come out in conversation that my elder nephew, Rip's first-born son, is now in the category said, by the only president* we've got, to contain "virtually nobody." We think he'll be okay, or maybe we just hope it.

Good luck with that, really.  Sorry to hear.

Also Ventura County Democratic Central Commitee member here, Rules Committee Chair.  Good luck with the election, too.
Hunkered down waiting to see if my city (Louisville, KY) blows up over the next few days.
Still here. Not sure about dropboxes, but Philadelphia has apparently six early voting locations where mail-in ballots can be dropped off.
*weaker All Might voice* "I Am Here!... late."

Still doing okay. Trying to decide who to vote for - Imma Independent who thinks both candidates kinda suck, honestly.
Well, Biden is probably going to be business as formerly usual, while Trump is more of what we've been getting. This isn't Politics, so I'll leave which is the less objectionable up to you to decide.

As for myself, I still have the same dust-and-allergies post nasal drip cough that never really went away, but have picked up a cold sore in the last couple days as the weather changed. Highly unlikely to be covid-19 rather than that, since everyone here has been isolating all along, with masks and gloves when we do go out, but as an unemployed, intense introvert "self quarantine" is just applying specific words to my usual life anyway so no reason not to call it that for caution's sake.
Peg and I got our NJ absentee ballots in the mail yesterday, so we're going to fill them out and get them sent off right away. This is doubly important for us because we'll be out of state on Election Day, finally taking a delayed vacation on Cape Cod.
(09-25-2020, 03:43 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: [ -> ]Peg and I got our NJ absentee ballots in the mail yesterday, so we're going to fill them out and get them sent off right away.  This is doubly important for us because we'll be out of state on Election Day, finally taking a delayed vacation on Cape Cod.
Cape Cod? Where? For me, that's actually a meaningful question because I spent a lot of summers there as a kid and my sister lives in Wellfleet.
Checking in. The only halloween celebration I'm looking forward to is the Halloween update to Animal Crossing: New Horizons.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13