Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: COVID-19 Check-in Thread Part II
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
I sincerely hope that's a poor attempt at black humour Birr, because that's terrifying.

And if it isn't, I hope you are doing better.
Yes, I definitely agree with Hazard. (I didn't notice the new page of the thread before to see your message.)

As for me, the damn thing is actually looking like it might scar. Seriously going to have to come up with a more exciting story to tell about that if so Tongue
The line about my subconscious being suicidal was arguably black humor.  The description of what happened was factual, but it's possible, given that I was still only half awake when I pulled my arm away, that I might not have been in as much danger as it felt like at that moment.
Things still more or less normal here.

The closest thing I've had to that is waking up feeling like I wrenched or smashed something in my sleep. which is probably exactly what happened. At least I'm not as bad as my friend's sister, who has a clearly demonstrated talent for tripping over a flat floor.
Still ticking here. Got movers over to deal with furniture we needed moved and can't do for ourselves.

My brother has symptoms like COVID, but reports that his tests (which he admits has a high false negative rate) came back negative. Thankfully, they haven't been over for weeks, but for right now we need to steer clear of him and his family until symptoms have abated for weeks.

... ...

gosh, and here I felt ashamed and weird because I'd somehow cut off the circulation to my own arms as I slept and had them flailing around like... like... darn. Not sure how to describe them.
I've done that too. You wake up, and the arms are just limp pool noodles attached to your torso. Then the tingling starts...
I believe I am bit overdue to tell everybody that I am alive and ticking.
BC is full-swing into the second wave, larger than the first.
As I hear it is burning mostly through young adults now, although older people then seem to get the short stick at the end.

Wear your mask!
Speaking of arms, my father was hospitalized yesterday with bursitis.  Which is an infection in the bursa on the elbow.  Bursae is from the same word as bursar or purse, it's just a fluid sac.  They've tried a few classes of antibiotics before he went to the hospital, and I guess they've finally broken out the vancomycin, so we know it's serious.  If it's bad enough we might have to employ a cutpurse... er, surgeon.

All of this is complicated by covid because doctors don't want to see you if you have a fever.  So you have to go to the emergency room for any fever you have, and wait until they finally serve you.  Just because you could take a look at his arm from ten meters away and know the cause of the fever is no reason to violate policy, you know?
Checking in.
'Bursa' labster. Bursae is the plural. Although if it's the plural that's quite a big problem.

And bursitis? That's a pain in the ass to deal with. If they are even considering surgery it's really bad, because those places do not mend easily.
Checking in. Still alive.
Status remains unchanged.
Checking in. Still Working, no changes.
Still here.
Not dead.

Sorry 'bout that. You're not rid of me yet.
Still ticking along.
Still here. Finally learned what name the company I work for will be using going forward due to our merger with another company (it took six months to decide on a three-letter abbreviation?)
(09-01-2020, 08:28 AM)Kilroy Wrote: [ -> ]Still here. Finally learned what name the company I work for will be using going forward due to our merger with another company (it took six months to decide on a three-letter abbreviation?)

Hey, there are only 17,576 TLAs - you have to get it right the first time!

Oh, yes: Still here. (You can't get rid of me that easily...)
No significant change.
Still here.
Checking in.  Got a couple of new starters this week, so the office is in full COVID-19 safe mode.

I'll be back on my own by the end of next week at the latest.
*All Might voice* I Am Here!
Still here. Getting twitchy about a check I should've gotten last week. Can I say rude things about Louis DeJoy?
In the politics forum Raven. This is not the place to complain about US policy.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13