Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: COVID-19 Check-in Thread Part II
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
(07-30-2020, 09:50 AM)SilverFang01 Wrote: [ -> ]Reporting today. I have been absent due to my father passing away on Friday, and yesterday a childhood friend died of Cervical cancer.

2020 can go frell off.

My regrets ... and I agree with your final statement.
(07-30-2020, 09:50 AM)SilverFang01 Wrote: [ -> ]Reporting today. I have been absent due to my father passing away on Friday, and yesterday a childhood friend died of Cervical cancer.

2020 can go frell off.

Ouch. Losing somebody that close to you is never easy, and I can't imagine two people passing so close to each other. My condolences.
Yeah, sorry for your loss.

(Late check-in, no change in sitrep)
I'm very sorry to hear that. My condolences.

In my news, our roommate posted half an hour ago after being out of touch for over a week due to being on the ventilator. I'm reposting what he mentioned below:

COVID : Day - 31
- Got intubated and Ventilator’ed, and then Extubated about 54.5 hours ago. I remembered see the three machines making their way to me in a hospital corridor convoy. I remember thinking that this is being forced on me and I had 3 mins to send a pair of texts, since most don’t survive Covid Extubation. I’m pretty sure I’m PTSD’d now. Hyper emotional all the time now.
- Umpteenth day without fever thanks to Dexamethasone trial. Miracle steroid ; get on it if you contract COVID with pulmonary complications.
- Day 1 of Physio-therapy for legs/arms.
- I’ve had a colossal outpouring of support and love from so many of you; they keep me going. Truly. It’s been very hard.
My condolences to Silver Fang, sad to hear this, and agreed w.r.t 2020.

Here in BC we are definitely in the second wave of active cases now, despite that both general hospitalization and ICU are way down.

Self is fine.
Thank you. Right now I’m emotionally spent. Me and my brothers and sister are working to be there for mom and ensuring that everything is squared away so she doesn’t have to worry about it.
State of Disaster declared for the state of Victoria. Time to hunker down again...
Checking in. All is well on the COVID-19 front.

Now worrying about a hurricane on the OBX. Hatteras Island had a mandatory evac yesterday already.

If it's not one thing, it's another...
Still here. A bit of good news for a change. The roommate posted this earlier today:

I think I’m being discharged from the Hospital this coming Tuesday!
The docs halved my O2 flow or supply this morning, and the last of my Borg implants is coming out today.
Docs have said that lung capacity, physio, and likely some psychological work via meditation and therapy will take me about 5 more months.
I’m going to change my life. Survived Cancer and now Covid-19; not waiting for the next axe to drop. Parking all my self-denial destructive tendencies, and I’m going to clean things up in my life. Yeah, it’s still a scary world, but no more silly excuses.
Checking in. Still here. Contemplating eliminating the news from my diet except for the "check the local COVID rates", as it's doing little more than making me more annoyed at how sacrifices all sorts of places are being squandered (Japan's numbers are returning to problematic, for instance, and it's clear that if we're leaving the country inside the next ten years that it's to emigrate elsewhere entirely and not play tourist).

I'm getting projects done, and still warring a bit as to how extensively to do the finishing on the four player arcade cabinet build given that it's not likely to get used to the full intended potential until at least late 2021 at the rate things are going nationally.
No change in status.

I'm thinking of having a t-shirt or sweatshirt printed:  
"I'M A BORING OLD COOT.  
Don't let me start talking to you."

I got the idea from a cartoon in which someone at a party described "Uncle So-and-so" as "refreshingly unpretentious" because his shirt read, "I'm a boring old fart."  I merely elaborated on the warning.

-----
Up, lad, up!  We've villages to pillage, maidens to slay, and dragons to rescue!
No change in status here, too.
(08-04-2020, 06:22 PM)DHBirr Wrote: [ -> ]I'm thinking of having a t-shirt or sweatshirt printed:  
"I'M A BORING OLD COOT.  
Don't let me start talking to you."

"I am Coot!" <grin>
Still here.
Sorry haven't checked in for a bit. Been dealing with life.

Got started on physiotherapy for pains in my shoulders when I try to lift anything above my head. They think the rotator cuffs are pinched.

Ended up getting a new bed, nice mattress, adjustable, hope I sleep a bit better.

About a month or so I had an old bridge break right off -- one of the two anchor teeth just broke right at the root, the other, looks like just the glue let go and it worked loose.

Just got the remains of the broken tooth extracted today. Still sore.
Checking in. Considering getting a new computer, but that may have to be put off if I need the septic tank worked on.
Still here. Still reading about murder hornets. No, wait - we're not supposed to call them that. Still reading about giant hornets.
Still here. No change in status. Still occasionally pass Terrance Knight in CoH and see Mag Flashlight say something in General.
(08-06-2020, 07:53 AM)robkelk Wrote: [ -> ]Still here. Still reading about murder hornets. No, wait - we're not supposed to call them that. Still reading about giant hornets.

Obviously Derek Bacon wrote the back half of that article...
(08-06-2020, 07:53 AM)robkelk Wrote: [ -> ]Still here. Still reading about murder hornets. No, wait - we're not supposed to call them that. Still reading about giant hornets.

They're not sending their best hornets....
Checking in having missed yesterday.
Alive and kicking and in fairly good health!
I am back from two weeks of vacation. I have been notified that the return to my office has been postponed until late January 2021. My health is still good.

Kilroy
My husband started his new job today. I'm still ticking along.
Present and fine. 2nd week of the stay-cation has begun.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13