Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 201
» Latest member: Dani Tseng
» Forum threads: 13,887
» Forum posts: 211,904

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 467 online users.
» 2 Member(s) | 463 Guest(s)
Bing, Facebook, aku, Dartz

Latest Threads
Fic Update Thread 53
Forum: Other People's Fanfiction
Last Post: Matrix Dragon
6 hours ago
» Replies: 159
» Views: 5,629
Isekai by Moonlight
Last Post: robkelk
Yesterday, 02:04 PM
» Replies: 93
» Views: 7,312
The new Seraph's
Forum: The Legendary
Last Post: Dark Seraph
Yesterday, 04:33 AM
» Replies: 35
» Views: 786
Crossovers That Should No...
04-27-2024, 12:37 PM
» Replies: 259
» Views: 16,372
Image Thread 29
Forum: General Chatter
Last Post: Norgarth
04-27-2024, 12:10 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 230
Weird & Interesting scien...
Forum: General Chatter
Last Post: Norgarth
04-27-2024, 08:43 AM
» Replies: 106
» Views: 8,007
Politics Video Madness II...
Forum: Politics and Other Fun
Last Post: Dartz
04-26-2024, 02:38 PM
» Replies: 179
» Views: 34,099
Stupid dialog, free to a ...
04-26-2024, 02:24 PM
» Replies: 131
» Views: 28,432
My Apartment Manager is n...
Forum: My Apartment Manager is not an Isekai Character
Last Post: Bob Schroeck
04-26-2024, 08:15 AM
» Replies: 123
» Views: 10,782
For Bob - So I hope this ...
Forum: General DW Chatter
Last Post: Bob Schroeck
04-26-2024, 07:12 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 76

Belated Theme Music for Chapter 12
Posted by: Bob Schroeck - 01-10-2003, 12:52 AM - Forum: Drunkard's Walk II: Robot's Rules of Order - Replies (2)

I was just listening to this in the car last night, and I realized that it wasn't a bad choice for the overall musical theme of chapter 12. (Although arguably "A Little Help From My Friends" is probably the more reasonable candidate.) Anyway, enjoy.
-- Bob

Are you ready Steve?
Uh-huh
Andy?
Yeah
Mick?
Okay
All right fellas - let's go!
Oh it's been getting so hard
Living with the things you do to me
Uh-huh
My dreams are getting so strange
I'd like to tell you everything I see
Mm-hmm.
Oh I see a man at the back as a matter of fact
His eyes are as red as the sun
And the girl in the corner let no one ignore her
Cause she thinks she's the passionate one
Oh Yeah! It was like lightning
Everybody was fighting
And the music was soothing
And they all started grooving
Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah
And the man in the back said everyone attack
And it turned into a ballroom blitz
And the girl in the corner said boy I want to warn you
It'll turn into a ballroom blitz
Ballroom blitz, ballroom blitz, ballroom blitz, ballroom blitz
Oh reaching out for something
Touching nothing's all I ever do
Oh I softly call you over
When you appear there's nothing left of you
Uh-huh
Now the man in the back is ready to crack
As he raises his hands to the sky
And the girl in the corner is everyone's woman
She could kill you with a wink of her eye
Oh Yeah! It was electric
So perfectly hectic
And the band started leaving
Cause they all stopped breathing
Ballroom blitz
Oh Yeah! It was like lightning
Everybody was fighting
And the music was soothing
And they all started grooving
Ballroom blitz, ballroom blitz, ballroom blitz, ballroom blitz
It's it's a ballroom blitz
Yeah, it's a ballroom blitz
-- Ballroom Blitz
by Sweet, from "Desolation Boulevard" (1974)
(written by Nicky Chinn and Mike Chapman)
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Print this item

Grrr.
Posted by: Valles - 01-09-2003, 01:46 PM - Forum: Future Steps - Replies (19)

Birds of Prey.
Having only seen one episode, I can't really be certain, but I think I agree with the reviewer - It's very good.
Unfortunately, it's also cancelled. Still, I can sort of see Doug trying to set up a local version of the Warriors, complete with UN charter.
Or, howsabout Firefly?
Likewise excellent, likewise cancelled, and a place that would, if you play his arrival right, be interestingly hard for Doug to deal with. I picture him standing in the middle of a dusty street staring after a town's worth of fleeing people going, "Um, what's a reaver?" Immediately followed by him kicking ass, which in turn would lead to a visit by The Men With Blue Hands, which would leave him in need of a ship that wouldn't go somewhere it'd attract attention...
After all, when They're after you, you have to keep flying.
Blessed be.
-n
(It's decisions like -that- that breed communists.)
===========

===============================================
"V, did you do something foolish?"
"Yes, and it was glorious."

Print this item

Are Videogames ok?
Posted by: Logan Darklighter - 01-09-2003, 08:30 AM - Forum: General DW Chatter - Replies (2)

Are you only accepting plot lines from books and anime series? Would you be ok with sending Doug into a videogame world? I know that most videogames have poor plots or a good plot but with a very short timeline but I know of a couple that have good plot and a long enough timeline till the game ends. Actually, now that I think about it I only know one game, but I'd still like to know if you accept videogame ideas.

Print this item

Scenelet from DW-Eva
Posted by: Bob Schroeck - 01-08-2003, 05:03 PM - Forum: Drunkard's Walk VI: Angel Baby - Replies (13)

This is posted as a result of a thread about End of Evangelion over in general chatter. Caveats: my notes for DW-Eva split into two or more competing plotlines just before this scene, and I haven't yet decided which will actually be the one written. As a result, this scene may not make it into the final version of the story.
-- Bob
"Come, Rei," said Gendo. "It is time for you to fulfil thepurpose for which you were created."Rei rose, her red eyes never leaving Gendo's. "No," she said.Gendo stopped short. "No?" he growled incredulously. Rebellion,from Rei? Unthinkable! And at this critical juncture!"No.""Don't be foolish, Rei," he began, reaching out to seize her arm.To his vast surprise his knuckles struck an invisible barrierthat strobed orange hexagons around the impact. With a hiss hedrew back his hand."I am not foolish," she said dispassionately. "I am *aware*. Iam *alive*. I am *me*. I am that which I am. And I am nolonger the tool you shaped, the toy you built." She stared athim, and Gendo was stunned to see anger and disappointment inthose red eyes which had seemed so empty for so long. "I willnot do this for you. I will not destroy the world which I havejust begun to love."
-- Bob
---------

Print this item

Another Motorcycle Worthy of BGC...
Posted by: Bob Schroeck - 01-08-2003, 02:52 AM - Forum: Drunkard's Walk II: Robot's Rules of Order - Replies (3)

Thanks to Howard Melton for this link, which shows a truly amazing motorcycle worthy of Priss: It's rated faster than the Highway Star!
story.news.yahoo.com/news...2ziw9.html

-- Bob
---------

Print this item

Dialogue from DW-Eva
Posted by: Bob Schroeck - 01-07-2003, 05:27 PM - Forum: Drunkard's Walk VI: Angel Baby - Replies (11)

For your amusement, a brief snippet of dialogue I recently came up with:
"But I don't understand," Misato said with obvious puzzlement. "Conventional weapons aren't supposed to have any affect on them."I grinned. "I am not, in *any* possible meaning of the term, aconventional weapon."

-- Bob
---------

Print this item

More Borribles
Posted by: Bob Schroeck - 01-07-2003, 02:40 AM - Forum: Future Steps - No Replies

An initial outline for a Borrible Step has gone to my prereaders for comments and suggestions. More on this as it develops.
Oh, and I got my copy of the recent British printing of all three novels in an omnibus form. Niiiice book. I highly recommend this, if you have about $23 to spare. (That includes the airmail postage from the UK, at least as far as NJ.) You can find it listed here.
-- Bob
(Edit: added note about postage)
-- Bob
---------

Print this item

Eva Step Teaser
Posted by: Bob Schroeck - 01-05-2003, 08:03 AM - Forum: Drunkard's Walk VI: Angel Baby - Replies (3)

Over on "The Game", as part of the discussion of the use of Supertramp's "Logical Song", valles suggested it might have this effect on Rei:

Quote:
Her crimson eyes went wide, shining with something a little like hope. "I'm... real? Yes," she answered her own question softly. "I'm real." She smiled, softly at first, but at the end a full, facesplitting grin. Her voice was gentle, reverent, and entirely approving. "*Dude.*"
Well, I already have a similar moment written. And she doesn't say "dude".
(As always with a project as far out from completion as DW-Eva, this passage is of course subject to dramatic change.)
Then, to Shinji and Asuka's absolute astonishment, Rei let loose a peal of laughter. Before either could voice the dark suspicionthey suddenly felt, Rei turned and quickly drew first Shinji and then Asuka into a brief, chaste, but heartfelt kiss. "You do know that you two are my best friends in the world, and I love you dearly?" she said as she released a somewhat stunned Asuka, the broad smile on her lips seeming almost an alien thing there. "You, and Misato, and Sangnoir-sensei." Turning back to the abandoned barricade, she shifted the smile into an almost feral grin, and added, "Once more, dear friends, into the breach." She took off running across the catwalk, leaving the Second and Third Children behind her, blinking stupidly.Asuka recovered first. Her hand shot out and clamped around thefront of Shinji's shirt. Before the stunned boy could react, shedragged him nose-to-nose, glared at him for a moment, then kissedhim as well."Huh?" he breathed the moment her lips released his."You're *my* best friend, too, dummkopf," she growled almost threateningly. "And don't you forget it!"With that, she released him, and he stumbled backward, still dazedby the double shock. By the time he had caught himself, Asuka hadalready dashed after Rei.

-- Bob
---------

Print this item

Supertramp - The Logical Song
Posted by: offsides - 01-04-2003, 02:32 AM - Forum: The Game Everyone Loves To Play - Replies (6)

Heard it on the radio this afternoon, and something about it clicked [Image: smile.gif] I see two possibilities - one being the more logical (pun intended) of the two, bu the other has promise too...
1. Turns Doug (figuratively) into a massive supercomputer, allowing him to do mathematical calculations like nobody's business.
2. His gift locks onto the repeated line "Please tell me who I am.", an everyone in radius gets hit with the realization of exactly who and what they are, For someone whos self image is close to reality, this will have little effect. OTOH, for someone whos self image is way off, or worse yet is in denial, this can be one hell of a shock... This could have been useful in DW2 if things had gone in a different direction, but I think there are future steps where this might also be useful as well...
We now return you to your regularly scheduled program [Image: smile.gif]
Offsides
Drunkard's Walk Forum Moderator and Prereader At Large

Print this item

Stampeding Loons
Posted by: Evil Midnight Lurker - 01-03-2003, 12:50 PM - Forum: Future Steps - Replies (49)

Latest silly Step suggestion: Trigun.
Or maybe -not- so silly. Doug would have a fine old time in the even wilder west, trying to figure out what is -up- with the tech base on planet Gunsmoke (you guys can create thirty-foot-tall war cyborgs and you don't have RADIO?!); he'd find a kindred spirit in Vash (two, two, TWO goofy superheroes for the price of one!); and, oddly enough, the second chapter of the original manga was entitled "Loony Tunes". [Image: smile.gif]
(not very comprehensive guide: )
trigunner.giborama.com/tr...index.html
--Sam Ashley
"I'm betting I'm just abnormal enough to survive!"

Print this item