Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 201
» Latest member: Dani Tseng
» Forum threads: 13,889
» Forum posts: 211,962

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 222 online users.
» 1 Member(s) | 218 Guest(s)
Bing, Facebook, Google, Norgarth

Latest Threads
Fic Update Thread 53
Forum: Other People's Fanfiction
Last Post: Jinx999
52 minutes ago
» Replies: 182
» Views: 6,351
All The Tropes Wiki Proje...
Forum: General Chatter
Last Post: Labster
1 hour ago
» Replies: 142
» Views: 2,830
Politicians always lie? M...
Forum: Politics and Other Fun
Last Post: Bob Schroeck
5 hours ago
» Replies: 2
» Views: 23
Another reset
Forum: Forums
5 hours ago
» Replies: 21
» Views: 620
Image Thread 29
Last Post: Norgarth
6 hours ago
» Replies: 16
» Views: 395
Video Madness XI
Yesterday, 12:44 PM
» Replies: 152
» Views: 8,728
The new Seraph's
Forum: The Legendary
Last Post: Dark Seraph
Yesterday, 02:17 AM
» Replies: 37
» Views: 811
Dearly Departed of 2024
Last Post: robkelk
05-01-2024, 05:34 PM
» Replies: 36
» Views: 1,501
El Salvador's President l...
Forum: Politics and Other Fun
Last Post: robkelk
05-01-2024, 04:52 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 28
Beware of Chicken - Limit...
Last Post: Shepherd
04-30-2024, 10:10 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 344

My Only Comment
Posted by: Cute Kitsune Kaydee - 12-01-2002, 07:22 AM - Forum: Drunkard's Walk III: Sana-chan No Omocha - Replies (8)

The only comment I can make is 'Dang, the next chapter is not Ranma 1/2" - *pouts in disappointment.

Print this item

Chapter 12 Released To FFML
Posted by: Bob Schroeck - 12-01-2002, 04:30 AM - Forum: Drunkard's Walk II: Robot's Rules of Order - Replies (5)

After monumental effort to get my disabled computer back online, I sent chapter 12 off to the FFML. I have to go to a family gathering in five minutes, so webpages and RAAC postings must wait until later; my apologies.

-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Print this item

RAAC not Updating - Post Story please?
Posted by: Logan Darklighter - 11-30-2002, 08:13 PM - Forum: Drunkard's Walk II: Robot's Rules of Order - Replies (14)

The last update at RAAC seems to have been on the 26th. And considering that it's Thanksgiving weekend, it doesn't look like it's going to be updated until at least Monday.
Please post story on the website soon? Please? Like maybe today? I have a 12 hour workshift coming up tonight and I'd like to read DWII tonight? Please?
-Logan
have some pity, man, we're dying out here!!! [Image: eek.gif]

Print this item

Medley Tracks
Posted by: Acyl - 11-28-2002, 07:50 PM - Forum: The Game Everyone Loves To Play - Replies (1)

I was listening to Kansas' six-part "Magnum Opus" the other day, and it made me wonder...What does Doug's metatalent do to medley tracks? If it's one composed of several songs chained together, would that create a bewildering rapid switch in effects, or nothing at all? And what of "Magnum Opus"? It only has about forty seconds of lyrics ("Howling At The Moon") in the medley's eight and a half minutes. Not that "Howling At The Moon" suggests any obvious power, but, y'know, I'm curious on principle. We've seen Doug's fondness for "Lightning's Hand" and "Dust In The Wind", so has there been any call made on this particular Kansas track?
- Acyl
( Great. Now I've got "Symphonic Sentai! Musica Guard toujou!" stuck in my head. )
-- Acyl

Print this item

an Odd thought...
Posted by: itsune9tl - 11-27-2002, 04:23 AM - Forum: Future Steps - Replies (5)

Ever consider sending LT into the Dragon ball universe?

Print this item

I don't understand this.
Posted by: Bob Schroeck - 11-26-2002, 06:18 PM - Forum: Forums - No Replies

Okay, for a couple of weeks we had 32 registered members here, with the most recent one being Kaze no Ryuu. Then, last week some time, it dropped to 31. No problem, I think to myself, there's probably some function that discards inactive members, just like at the EPU boards. Then this morning, we're back up 32 -- and the most recent new member is still Kaze no Ryuu.
I'm so confused!

-- Bob
---------

Print this item

What's That On The Horizon? Could it be... Chapter 12?
Posted by: Bob Schroeck - 11-25-2002, 08:26 AM - Forum: Drunkard's Walk II: Robot's Rules of Order - Replies (5)

The final draft of Chapter 12 went to my prereaders about half an hour ago. If all goes well, it should be posted for public consumption no more than a week from now.

-- Bob
---------

Print this item

Instant Boomer Uprising - just add water
Posted by: Adam Rajski - 11-25-2002, 07:58 AM - Forum: The Game Everyone Loves To Play - Replies (4)

It struck me while I was driving home from work yesterday that this song would be rather nasty in the BGC universe. There are a few other possibilities for it, of course, but the immediate one I thought of was to break any limiting codes or devices on any boomers in range, turn an enemy's electronic devices against them, and so on.
The following lyrics are my own transcription, since Google has failed me. *grumble*
---
Psykosonik - "Teknojihad" - _Psykosonik_
(shoot at once)
Teknojihad
(shoot at once)
A boot into the face, the dream that fills your night
Decades later it seems George Orwell might be right
Your dead polemics have sent millions to their graves
Despite your armies still we'll never be your slaves
Chorus 1:
Goodbye
Goodbye
(shoot at once)
Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye
Chorus 2:
Teknojihad
Electronic holy war
Teknojihad
Burn the system to the core
Teknojihad
Hear the angry voice of God
Shoot at once now we unleash
Teknojihad
Servitude is in the mind of death and life
Don't be confused by the terms of left and right
Statism is statism by any name the same
Apathy is suicide and we will bear the blame
Chorus 1 x1
Chorus 2 x1
(shoot at once)
Cupid's Arrow Brother Warthog Error
Zeroboys unleash domestic terror
Jack it in and burn the data
Violence a religion they can relate to
So let them hear this
And let them feel this
Don't forget that the power always comes
From the barrel of a loaded gun
(spoken)
The battles continued into Sunday morning, with tanks and troops finally forcing students to evacuate... *gunshot* running for their lives. Blood was spilled on the streets.
By thousands and thousands year round they're being killed *machine gun firing*
Somebody's got to make some sacrifice
It had been a massacre.
Chorus 2 x1
(spoken)
Blood was spilled on the streets... It had been a massacre.
---
Another version I heard once made it rather explicit that the incident which inspired the song was the Tienemen Square massacre. The spoken bits are, to the best of my knowledge, voice samples from news broadcasts covering the massacre.
Yours,
Adam Rajski

Print this item

Another Weird Al Song
Posted by: Scrambler - 11-24-2002, 10:20 AM - Forum: The Game Everyone Loves To Play - Replies (8)

"Everything You Know Is Wrong"
It would be the ultimate in causing massive confusion from things working exactly the _opposite_ from the way they're supposed to. With lyrics like "Black is white, up is down, and short is long" the metagift has a whole load of fun things that might happen.

Print this item

Further update on Chapter 12
Posted by: Bob Schroeck - 11-21-2002, 10:08 PM - Forum: Drunkard's Walk II: Robot's Rules of Order - Replies (3)

I didn't do as much on it this week as I'd hoped. I'll try to finish my final polishing in the next day or so, get it to my prereaders this weekend, and if no great complaints are raised, I'll probably post it on Access Denied!, the FFML and r.a.a.c all on Friday.

-- Bob
---------

Print this item