Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Crossovers That Should Not Be 3, Son of Crossovers!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
Quote:
-Morgan, also wishes she could write "Steel Angel Saki", but that's not a crossover at all...
Unless the "Saki" is H.H. Munro...

-Rob Kelk
"Read Or Die: not so much a title as a way of life." - Justin Palmer, 6 June 2007
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Consulting the wikipedia entry for Steel Angel Karumi, I noted that Karumi looks a lot like a _happy_ Utena.. .
Revolutionary Android Kurumi!
I suggested Kurumi as Utena's dippy older sister to Gryphon over on the EPU boards a few years ago... not much came of it.

-- Bob
---------
The Internet Is For Norns.
Gunnmsmith Cats, starring bounty hunter Gally Vincent.
--Sam
"I have Cary Grant karma, because I always prevail!"

Herr Bad Moon

Something I thought of coming out of the Transformers.
Spike, somewhat hapless American teen -> Spike, snarky vampire with a soul.
Optimus: Spike, you may very well hold the key to saving the human race.
Spike: You're taking the piss!
Optimus: Er...---------------
-Jon
Leo (July 23-Aug. 22)
The population density of Wyoming is very low, but that doesn't mean the people there aren't also out to kill you.
---
Jon
"And that must have caused my dad's brain to break in half, replaced by a purely mechanical engine of revenge!"

Kokuten

HBM, that crossover should not be!Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979
It could be worse...
Spike, somewhat hapless American teen -> Spike, near-future bounty hunter: Transformer Bebop
Spike, near-future bounty hunter -> Spike, snarky vampire with a soul: Edward Wong Hau Pepelu Tivrusky IV the Vampire Slayer

-Rob Kelk
"Read Or Die: not so much a title as a way of life." - Justin Palmer, 6 June 2007
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Herr Bad Moon

Worse... or better?---------------
-Jon
Leo (July 23-Aug. 22)
The population density of Wyoming is very low, but that doesn't mean the people there aren't also out to kill you.
---
Jon
"And that must have caused my dad's brain to break in half, replaced by a purely mechanical engine of revenge!"
Quote:
Spike, near-future bounty hunter -> Spike, snarky vampire with a soul: Edward Wong Hau Pepelu Tivrusky IV the Vampire Slayer
You realize that the sobriquet "Scoobies" works far too well for the crew of the Bebop, yes?
"Would you do it for an Einey Snack?"Ebony the Black Dragon
Senior Editor, Living Room Games
http://www.lrgames.com
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."
Hrm, let's see...
Big Guy - Check
Skinny, superstitious Guy - Check
Ditzy Girl - Check
Smart Girl - Check
Smart Dog - Check
Yep. You're right, the Bebop crew /are/ the Scooby gang.--
"I give you the beautiful... the talented... the tirelessly atomic-powered...
R!
DOROTHY!
WAYNERIGHT!

--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
For all you new-Who fans...
Harry Saxon and the Sorcerer's Stone.
--Sam
Vote Saxon.

WengFook

EML... to quote the ninth... Fantastic!!_______________________________
We're definitely playing this game wrong. I thought Vampire was supposed to be a game of personal horror, not about ninja magic-carpet airstrikes at night.
- A friend after playing a session of Dark Ages Vampire.
A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away. THERE IS ONLY WAR!
-Same friend.
I mean, I could argue a case for anything but Hufflepuff, based on what we know of his history... Slytherin is obvious, but as a chibi he could've made Gryffindor....--
"I give you the beautiful... the talented... the tirelessly atomic-powered...
R!
DOROTHY!
WAYNERIGHT!

--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
Are you kidding? Ambition is the totality of the Master's existence. That said, he'd probably be able to fast-talk or mesmerise the Hat into putting him into whichever House he felt most suited his long-term plans.
I was thinking more along the lines of adult!Saxon showing up as a teacher or the next Minister of Magic, though.
--Sam
"SPOON!"
Hermione Granger....apprentice to Yomiko Readman. The heir to the 19th paper-master.
A R.O.D/ H.P xover
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

HoagieOfDoom

Hmmm... it has promise, but I think sticking in Luna as Yomiko's apprentice would make some excellent crack.*********
Touched By His Noodly Appendage
www.venganza.org
Hermione? Hmm.
Is having near-blind faith in books the same as loving them?
--Sam
"READ A BOOK!"

Sirrocco

near-blind faith?
Interesting thought. Feels like it's missing something. Perhaps..?
- Yomiko as a simple girl who just loves books a whoooole lot. Perhaps a librarian.
- Library is attacked by Evil Conspiracy Thugs for reasons that will be Terribly Significant later, but don't really matter right now. Stark terror ensues. A few books get shot up. Yomiko manages to scamper over to a phone and dial 911.
- In reward for her innocence of soul, goodness, etc, Yomiko is connected through to the Goddess Hotline. After appropriately dark humorous interlude of the Goddess in question not getting *quite* the idea of how time-critical the situation is, the Goddess freezes time and explains the situation to Yomiko.
- Yomiko wishes for "The power to stop evil men like that, and to protect my beautiful books" or words to that effect. The Yggdrasil system decides to exalt her as the Goddess of Books (giving her all of her old canon powers, and perhaps a few more.) The Bad Men procede to have a Bad Day.
- Hermione, who was home on summer break and hiding in the stacks sees this, hears the declarations of the new deity, and instantly appoints herself as High Priestess, with all the fervor she brings to such subjects.
- Hilarity Ensues
(RoD, HP, OMB)
(Yeah, yeah, I know - not enough crack. I'll work on it.)
I just imagined, in the context of the old ROD OVAs, a Yomiko whose power source, as a goddess, was tea...
She'd still be right at home in the British Library.--------------------
I'll snap your neck like a tomato!

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Atom Bomb of Courteous Debate. Get yours.

I've been writing a bit.
How about a Space Quest/Zelda/Star Trek: TNG crossover, with Link on the Enterprise-D, searching for the Triforce, and Roger Wilco tagging along, giving advice?
I'm just imagining Link... slowly... opening a weapons locker, with dramatic music, and finally holding a phaser over his head, Roger to the side wondering, "How does he get it to rotate in his hands like that?" Then, of course, there'd be the problems with Silent Protagonist Link trying to interact with the crew, Roger trying to help, but not being familiar with the Federation, and the concept of a holodeck dungeon. Really- Link goes in, defeats the monsters, gets the weapon, walks out of the arch... and finds himself missing everything he found inside!--------------------

I've been writing a bit.
When the shinigami are overwhelmed, who do they call?
The Ghostbusters, of course!--------------------

I've been writing a bit.
Okay, this came from Camwyn's LiveJournal about 18 months ago. It's something of a cross between a crossover suggestion and a ROTFL entry; by virtue of the previous message, though, I'm putting it here rather than think hard about where it ought to go.
Five phrases most likely to be said if the Ghostbusters and the Mythbusters ever met:
1. "Whoo! That thing kicks like a mule!"
2. "So we've devised this test to determine what happens in a case of actual total protonic reversal..."
3. "I looked at the trap, Adam!"
4. "With all the flammable stuff you two test out, how do you manage to keep not only your eyebrows, but your facial hair?"
5. "SOMEBODY GET THE BACTINE!"
-- camwyn, Livejournal, 2006-01-14

-- Bob
---------
The Internet Is For Norns.

WengFook

Quote:
I was thinking more along the lines of adult!Saxon showing up as a teacher or the next Minister of Magic, though.
Saxon is your man, Saxon for minister of magic? Interesting idea... I wonder how he would approach the Voldemort issue though?
-Same friend.

Sirrocco

David Tasslehoff.

Kokuten

Quote:
David Tasslehoff.
I blew milk out my nose.
I'M NOT DRINKING MILK.
-WG, ow, ow, ow, owWire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21