Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Crossovers That Should Not Be 3, Son of Crossovers!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
To continue the Dawn(key) lunacy...
Kidnapped by a huge ape and unable to contact her friends, Dawn's only hope of resuce comes in the form of an Italian plumber in... Dawn(key) Kong. [Image: tongue.gif] __________________
666-HELL The phone number of the Beast
Driven into deep depression, the younger Ms. Summers makes a tragic mistake while working at the Magic Box. An ancient transmutative curse is wreaked upon her, and only the only willing friendship of 30,000 people will make her human again.
Michelle Trachtenberg is "Dawn the Metal Idol."Ebony the Black Dragon
Senior Editor, Living Room Games
http://www.lrgames.com
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."
Actually, I did "Metal Idol, the Key" some months back in one of these threads...
Ah. here it is.

-- Bob
---------
The Internet Is For Norns.
So, you might remember a time when Haruhi Suzumiya blackmailed the computer club into giving them their newest computer.
But suppose the newest computer was a different one, one so new that they hadn't even taken it out of the box? A brand new PC-NX 9821?
Oh, wait... that was actually a PC-NX 2198.
Haruhi CPU
-Morgan, "And that's how god lost her virginity to a computer.""Mikuru-chan molested me! I'm... so happy!"
-Haruhi, "The Ecchi of Haruhi Suzumiya"
---(Not really)
Harper Valley GTA.
--Sam
"Is this a warm moment or should we be disturbed?"

Sirrocco

First, props on the Harper Valley. I have *no* idea how you'd make it run, but it's a delightful little turn.
Also, it occurs to me that the GTA games in general have a wonderful bit of crossover potential. GTA: Nerima, for example, might have you running missions for (or because of) Nabiki, Cologne, and so forth... buut for such a rich vein of possibility, and a *true* CTSNB, I feel like it's worth going the extra mile.
GTA: Smurf Village
Would that be like GTA:Care-alot?__________________
666-HELL The phone number of the Beast

Kokuten

Resident Knievel
Two words: Stunt Zombies.Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979
GTA: Bedrock.
Kinda takes the thrill and skill out of carjacking when there's no lock and no ignition, though.
--Sam
"Simpson! Homer Simpson! He's the greatest guy in history... From the -- Town of Springfield -- he's about to hit a chestnut tree!"
GTA: GTA
(That's "Greater Toronto Area" to us Ontario-resident Canadians.)
Except that'd work as a crossover - I want to be able to dodge or ram streetcars...

-Rob Kelk
"Read Or Die: not so much a title as a way of life." - Justin Palmer, 6 June 2007
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Elsa Bibat

Ran across this picture comparison:
imageshock.eu/?img=Integr...a-t2d1.jpg
Oh my. Lalla Ward circa 1980... (goes away to fondly recall college-age drooling) (back now) Yeah, she could have played Integra.
Not so much now, though. She hasn't aged badly, but she has aged.

-- Bob
---------

Sirrocco

- The Swedish Chef gets added into the Collective
Reseeestunce ees fiutil. Yoo weeel bee Useemooletud. Borg Borg Borg.
- Also, Borg and Mindy.

WengFook

Elsa said:
Quote:
Ran across this picture comparison:
imageshock.eu/?img=Integr...a-t2d1.jpg
Doctor Who and the Millenium movement?_______________________________
We're definitely playing this game wrong. I thought Vampire was supposed to be a game of personal horror, not about ninja magic-carpet airstrikes at night.
- A friend after playing a session of Dark Ages Vampire.
A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away. THERE IS ONLY WAR!
-Same friend.
Senior Editor, Living Room Games
http://www.lrgames.com
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."
Bwahahahahahahahaaa!

-- Bob
---------
There's a new-to-North-America anime out there called Ramen Fighter Miki. This brings to mind (well, at least to my mind) a completely different, and completely silly, duel:
"Fighting with swords, yes. A broom handle, maybe. But ramen?"
"Would you rather I play 'Sunlit Garden' twenty more times?"
"Fine, use the food..."

-Rob Kelk
"Read Or Die: not so much a title as a way of life." - Justin Palmer, 6 June 2007
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
So, I was contemplating the last two series I watched, and got...
Magical Project Lyrical Sasami!
But then it pretty much degenerated into contemplating which device the Pretty Sammy characters would have.
Sasami - Raising Heart
Misao - I like imagining her with Bardiche, but due to various things it's funnier to imagine...
Pixy Misa - Graf Eisen, because I like imagining Pixy Misa with a huge hammer.
Tsunami - Whatever Shamal's is called.
Ramia - Leviatein
-Morgan."Mikuru-chan molested me! I'm... so happy!"
---(Not really)
Quote:
Tsunami - Whatever Shamal's is called.
Klarerwind.
And, you do realize that Bardiche has that huge-ass lightsaber Zanber Mode, too, right? I can't comment on it vs. Graf Eisen because I've never seen Pretty Sammy, but big and scary is definitely within Bardiche's abilities...
Ja, -n

===============================================
"Reseeestunce ees fiutil. Yoo weeel bee Useemooletud. Borg Borg Borg."
===========

===============================================
"V, did you do something foolish?"
"Yes, and it was glorious."
Scene: the original Weekend Update set from Saturday Night Live. The "Point/Counterpoint" graphic is on the screen. Dan Ackroyd interviewing Adam Baldwin, who is wearing a cunning hat, and has clearly just finished speaking...
DA: Jayne, you ignorant slut...
Violence ensues.
Quote:
And, you do realize that Bardiche has that huge-ass lightsaber Zanber Mode, too, right?
Don't remind me. Bardiche was so cool as a scythe, why'd they have to go and turn it into another sword? Anime doesn't *need* more swords. Why couldn't it have just done like Raising Heart, and become a bigger, cooler looking scythe? >.>
(Not really that upset about it, I just don't think it really looks good. Though I didn't really like several of the other things they pulled out there at the end of A's either.)
I was mostly trying to match things up based on style and personality. Hammers are funnier than swords and scythes (at least, if you're me), so they're more suitable for Pixy Misa.
-Morgan. Oh, and Romio gets the Book of Darkness. @.@"Mikuru-chan molested me! I'm... so happy!"
---(Not really)

Kokuten

heh.. I'm not familiar with one of the series, but still..
Painkiller JayneWire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979
Quote:
DA: Jayne, you ignorant slut...
A line I was planning to use if I ever wrote a DW story in Firefly:
"Jayne, get me off this crazy thing!"

-- Bob
---------
So, this afternoon, I was thinking about the names of characters from a couple series.
Misao Amano...
Misa Amane...
Then my brain froze up trying to imagine Sasami with a Death Note.
-Morgan, but Light as a magical girl would be much, much worse..."Mikuru-chan molested me! I'm... so happy!"
---(Not really)
The British Secret Service's expert mathematicians deduce the possibility of, then open a gate to, Seireitei, and run headfirst into the Arrancar War.
Charles Stross and Tite Kubo collaborate in Bleaching the Laundry.--
"I give you the beautiful... the talented... the tirelessly atomic-powered...
R!
DOROTHY!
WAYNERIGHT!

--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21