Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Crossovers That Should Not Be 3, Son of Crossovers!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Sirrocco

...althought that does give an entertaining image for Girls vs Boys...

Necratoid

Oh good, someone noticed what I was actually saying. Thanks for that.. means I wasn't being totally incomprehensiable. One real issue is that Dexter is shown to have Spark abilities at around 2 years old in a flashback... and I remember something from the start of that comic on how the age that a Spark first starts 'Sparking' is a major factor of how powerful they are... so using Dexter or not the spark bloodline involved is rather powerful. That he hasn't managed to get himself killed with all the explosions and what not would make him skilled and lucky.... Remember the PPGs are only around a year old in the orginal canon.
Come to think of it there are at least 3 major super heroes (Major Glory, Crunk, and I think its Valhallen) and their enemies running around. Take into account how generally unfazed people are about the weirdness Dexter causes... that people don't seem to care much about his house exlpoding at random. That he was to go to science camp and doesn't want to have his parents know about his lab... yet they don't ask questions about the regularly destroyed house... and that Dexter goes to a school that has an insainly diverse polulation. And that DeeDee shows access to another dimension, one of disturbing cuteness, can rip appart large metal constructs easily enough to do it regularly barehanded... the general actions and random abilities of his parents and sister.
Basically, it boils down to the there being Mad Science everywhere... but Dexter being oddly afraid of his parents discovering how far he has progressed in it. Makes me wonder if he goes to a school for expected sparks and if they find out he has sparked they transfer him to the advanced school... which means ditching all his friends. Only Mandark would currently be able to follow... basically alone and short with only your arch nemisis in your age group in a school full of people with Sparks that will see you as the golden boy to be knocked down a few pegs is not fun. Being half their height makes it worse.
Besides Prof U, Dexter does show an ability to rack up a 10 million dollar bill with NASA... which means NASA is providing services to the public... meaning the government knows about enough of a private market for NASA, that it is set up to get funding from such a market.
In short America is where all the sparks with morals and sanity fled to get away from the loony bin that is Europe and the nobility that forged it that way. This would explain all the foreign kids at Dexter's current school. Townville could be consatntly under attack from Giant monsters simply because anyone with one to sick on something is part of a betting pool to see who makes the monster that destroys the city first. With side bets for how much damage it causes to the city of Townville, which PPG gets in the last blow and with what power. Also, a GG like world would explain where Fuzzy Lumpkin came from and may or may not explain HIM. Creation or summon/transported to that dimension.
So GG could be the past in that world.... meaning time travel works for cross overs also.
Quote:
In short America is where all the sparks with morals and sanity fled to get away from the loony bin that is Europe and the nobility that forged it that way.
I have no idea what 3/4 of the stuff you're talking about refers to and that *still* sounds incredibly cool.
-Morgan."Mikuru-chan molested me! I'm... so happy!"
-Haruhi, "The Ecchi of Haruhi Suzumiya"
---(Not really)
Quote:
I have no idea what 3/4 of the stuff you're talking about refers to and that *still* sounds incredibly cool.
It's a cartoon called Dexter's Laboratory. Recommended.-Rob Kelk
"Actually, my goal is to write neat stories. The money just makes it possible for me to write them faster and then buy neat toys."
Ryk E. Spoor, 7 November 2007
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
From the livejournal of the woman who's responsible for a few really warped crossovers comes this:
[15:55] camwyn cwru: I think I've been licking Chinese toys again.
[15:58] xienhua: What now?
[15:59] camwyn cwru: I lay down for a nap about twenty minutes ago. Never got there. Was getting very very close but right at the end of it, two words flickered through my head and that was the end of that.
[15:59] xienhua: And the brain damaging ones or the unconciousness-causing ones?
[15:59] camwyn cwru: "Disney's Dune." And OH GOD it came with images of the animated musical numbers.
[15:59] xienhua: ....
[15:59] xienhua: *applause*
[16:00] camwyn cwru: Mrfghl.
[16:02] xienhua: Heh
[16:03] camwyn cwru: "It's got built-in slaughtered parents!" I remember thinking. "Or at least one, and you can usually get away with one living parent in a Disney movie!"
[16:03] xienhua: Hee
[16:06] camwyn cwru: Other people get gibbering eldritch blasphemous disintegrations int he fabric of reality when they have their SAN losses. Or they have the uncontrollable urge to go out and dismember the filthy and impure.
[16:06] camwyn cwru: I get capering dancing singing Fremen.
[16:06] camwyn cwru: There are kicklines.

Read the comments on this thread. Trust me.

-- Bob
---------
I intend to be a freak for the rest of my life, and I shall baffle you with cabbages and rhinoceroses in the kitchen and incessant quotations from Now We Are Six through the mouthpiece of Lord Snooty's giant poisoned electric head. So theeeeeere....
...and if I'd realized that was going to happen I might have left out my contribution. [Image: smile.gif]
I also recommend Camwyn's long-running adventures of a dimension-hopping Ray Stantz at gone_byebye.
--Sam
"How the hell did I do that?"
Quote:
It's a cartoon called Dexter's Laboratory.
Well, yeah, I know *that*. But I haven't actually *seen* any.
-Morgan."Mikuru-chan molested me! I'm... so happy!"
---(Not really)
So I went and read the LJ thread, as recommended by Bob (who now owes me a bucketload of SAN points, THANK YOU!), and the first thing that pops into my head is:
"Boy, this *really* needs to Xover with Disney's _Flight of the Navigator_ in order to round things out..."
"The first rule about Rose Duelists is you do not talk about Rose Duelists."
Revolutionary Girl Utena + Fight Club.
-------------------
Epsilon

Herr Bad Moon

"I am Saionji's Fractured Sense of Sanity."---------------
-Jon
Leo (July 23-Aug. 22)
The population density of Wyoming is very low, but that doesn't mean the people there aren't also out to kill you.
---
Jon
"And that must have caused my dad's brain to break in half, replaced by a purely mechanical engine of revenge!"
Episode one:
Utena: "This is madness!"
Saionji: "THIS... IS... OHTORI!!!!"--
"I give you the beautiful... the talented... the tirelessly atomic-powered...
R!
DOROTHY!
WAYNERIGHT!

--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
Flash Thompson Conquers the Universe
--Sam
"Roof pig! Most unexpected."
I've been looking at at this online T-shirt site, and some of these shirts seem to fit this thread.
here's 3:
www.offworlddesigns.com/p...ntain.aspx
www.offworlddesigns.com/p...-club.aspx
www.offworlddesigns.com/p...-goth.aspx__________________
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." - Terry Pratchett

-- Bob
---------
I intend to be a freak for the rest of my life, and I shall baffle you with cabbages and rhinoceroses in the kitchen and incessant quotations from Now We Are Six through the mouthpiece of Lord Snooty's giant poisoned electric head. So theeeeeere....
Saotome Ranma will have his revenge.
Revenge on the Fae Lord who stole him away as a child. Revenge on the parents who never even noticed. Finally, revenge on the smirking, soulless chaos-magnet left in his place, who takes secret pleasure in driving those around it to violence and madness.
And when he has taken his revenge, he will cast off the name of Kumon Ryuu and reclaim his stolen life.
Ranma: the Lost
--Sam
who likes World of Darkness 2.0 a lot better than the old one
Hot Damn, that's a sweet idea.
D for Drakensis

You're only young once, but immaturity is forever.
Oh yeah... I think that may be one of the first really new Ranma fic ideas I've seen in years.
Somebody please write it!

-- Bob
---------
Not me, but if anyone else wants to, go ahead...
--Sam
who is, however, planning to collaborate with Chibi Konatsu on Rage Across Nerima By Night 2.0 as soon as we can convince Bailesu to let us use the name [Image: smile.gif]
So I found this while doing an image search for something else.
www.a-eblitz.com/images/w...e%2010.jpg
Onegai Twins/Read or Dream. (Or maybe it's ROD TV specifically, but I haven't seen any of that and I *have* read some of Read or Dream.)
Whether this should or shouldn't be... ?
-Morgan.
"Mikuru-chan molested me! I'm... so happy!"
---(Not really)
Quote:
Or maybe it's ROD TV specifically,
Definitely R.O.D the TV - an anime-only character is included in the image.
Edit: And both sets of characters were designed by Taraku Uon, so the crossover's a natural one. At least, it is in artbooks... -Rob Kelk
"Actually, my goal is to write neat stories. The money just makes it possible for me to write them faster and then buy neat toys."
Ryk E. Spoor, 7 November 2007
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Rom Spaceknight Tekkaman Blade of the Immortal Beloved
--Sam
"How the hell did I do that?
Hmmm. I should really watch ROD TV, I have the whole series now...
Now, in the spirit of another crossover someone suggested, but I hadn't seen Nanoha at the time:
Take one (1) horror movie.
Replace adult male victim with Mr. 47.
Enjoy fireworks.
-Morgan.
"Welcome back to the Kingdom of Loathing, Forty-Seven."
Cardcaptor Sakura Taisen
Little girl uses big mecha to retrieve magical playing cards from the arcane conspiracy which is using them to attack Tokyo...

-- Bob
---------

Necratoid

Twins, Syusuke and Syuri Watatsuki were deported by their father to London, so he can dodge a possible political scandal originating from a random letter of fictional content that appeared at their school.
That was only three weeks ago and are now back in town, with a tale to tell. Only days after arriving in London some deranged relic invaded with an army of giant Zeplin... from there it only gets more intresting for them.
Coming soon to theatres, 'Syusuke and Syuri's Worst week ever.
Horton Hears A Dr. Who

-- Bob
---------
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21