Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Crossovers That Should Not Be 3, Son of Crossovers!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Kokuten

not totally on topic, but..
"The Symphony of the Sword: Director's Cut"
I saw SoTS cast as a live-action movie in my brain this morning, I saw Bruce Willis playing Corwin, Morgan Freeman playing Akhio, and Beyonce playing Anthy..
I saw that I should not eat pepperoni and moose sausage pizza of questionable origin right before bed.Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979
Shipon, Shima Katase from Stellvia. '.'
-Morgan.
"Mikuru-chan molested me! I'm... so happy!"
-Haruhi, "The Ecchi of Haruhi Suzumiya"
---(Not really)
Note that I screwed Revolutionary Caribbean Pirate Queen Utena up slightly. It's been fixed.
Any Harry Potter xover with Mahou Lyrical Nanoha series...
The canon power levels are too great in difference. I mean, a killing curse vs a Divine Buster or a Starlight breaker? Nanoha at 10 can take on Snake face w/o breaking a sweat. At 16-19?..hehe
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell
How about a story where Nanoha infiltrates Hogwarts and teaches Harry a bunch of stuff that's off the curriculum?

-- Bob
---------
The Internet Is For Norns.
Quote:
How about a story where Nanoha infiltrates Hogwarts and teaches Harry a bunch of stuff that's off the curriculum?

Fate might be the better one for that assignment
Of course, if a 6 year old Harry Potter becomes the ward of Fate Testarrossa, then it might be interesting.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell
This reminds me of the plot bunny that came up awhile back, with Graham being Harry's great-uncle. I still think I have the little teaser I wrote for it...Without a word...
On a planet filled with evil in a dimension of evil, a massive burst of good energy is detected. It's so far away that many years will pass before it reaches them, but when it does their destruction will be all but certain.
Left with no other options, they set aside their differences and build installations to train their best and darkest to deal with the crisis when it comes.
Stellvia of the Negaverse
-Morgan, gets very bored at work..."Mikuru-chan molested me! I'm... so happy!"
---(Not really)
"When it comes to helping others, it doesn't matter if you're a human or a reyvateil."
-Kazuya Saotome

I don't really have any ideas for this, or even a catchy title... but there are some similarities between the attitudes of Kazuya and Lyner.
Also, this idea had me smiling for a while during a really bad day at work. '.'
-Morgan, is probably getting the parts-that-are-supposed-to-be-a-quote wrong..."Mikuru-chan molested me! I'm... so happy!"
---(Not really)

Sirrocco

Ranma/Potter
It turns out that before they went after Harry's blood in Goblet of Fire, Voldemort and Pettigrew decided to lay the groundwork for some long-road backup plans. No reason not to be prepared, right? One of them required ritual engagement to a warrior of pure heart and great power. While laughing mockingly about that one, they stumble into Ryouga (pre-series) and, over the course of a ten-minute conversation in which they try to convince him to accept an engagement (hey - it's worth a shot, right?) they follow him back to China, where they encounter... well, I'm sure you can guess the next bit.

A few years pass. Ranma is now with the Tendos, Harry's crew is a group of frighteningly and brutally effective duellists, and Voldemort is running scared... back to that one last half-built ritual in Japan. He's in a sort of wierd Gollum form, partway between the 'before' and 'after' picture for the Goblet of Fire ritual. He's able to tap only a fraction of his magics, he's been stripped of his loyal Death Eaters, and he's hopelessly outmatched, but it's not as bad as it looks. He's been keeping tabs on his boltholes, after all. Ranma's a good boy. He's got an amazing life force, a tremendous sense of honor, and they *are* actually, honestly, honorably engaged. All he has to do is get there, keep them convinced that he's female and sympathetic, and play the honor card long enough and hard enough to force the marriage through. That'll give him *more* than enough power to destroy the brat and his flunkies. Getting it all done before they catch up might be a bit tough, but other than that, it'll be *easy*, right? Right?
---------------------------
"Pop! You engaged me to a Lord of Darkness!"
"I thought he was a girl."
"A *shrunken*, *mutant* Lord of Darkness, Pop!"
"Okay, okay, a really ugly girl."
Geobreeders 1/2
Kagura Security's newest hire/job has a rather unique problem ...

Alaeth

Quote:
The canon power levels are too great in difference. I mean, a killing curse vs a Divine Buster or a Starlight breaker? Nanoha at 10 can take on Snake face w/o breaking a sweat. At 16-19?..hehe
I'm not so sure about this, actually. Sure, Divine Buster looks much more powerful and destructive, but in the first series, Fate survives taking one head-on. The killing curse is just that: if it hits you, you're dead. No ifs, ands, or buts (ignoring the obvious exception), and no known magical shield against it exists. It's not as flashy, maybe, but it's not really possible to get much more effective than insta-death, at least in an anti-personnel role.
Also, Midchildan magic seems very centered around energy manipulation, so something like HP-style transfiguration would be an unknown variable as well (though the obvious Nanoha application of transfiguration magic would be the barrier jacket transformation sequence). HP-style magic seems more flexible in general, I would say, so even leaving the killing curse aside, it sets up some interesting "raw power versus adaptibility and versatility" scenarios.
This does happen to be a scenario I'm considering writing after I finish Soul Voice, especially since I've finally come up with a plot that doesn't require time-shifting one of the series' timelines, so I've put a certain amount of thought into it. One problem is that we've seen very few real magical battles in HP, whereas nearly all of the magic shown in Nanoha has been combat magic of some sort, which makes determination of the degree of overlap between them somewhat difficult. Still, if I do decide to try this, it should be at the very least an entertaining exercise in world-building (or -adapting, I suppose).
Baldur's Gate meets Naruto. More specifically, Minsc meets Guy.
All will TREMBLE before the POWER OF HAMSTER YOUTH!
--Sam
"Butts will be liberally kicked in good measure or I shall bounce around Athkatla on the tip of one finger a hundred times!"
We see people in Nanoha throwing energy around - because they are fighting. We don't actually see much of the technology/magic/technomagic/magitech/whatever they use to keep their cilvilisation running, so we don't know much about what they can do otherwise.
What we do know is that they have a ten year old Animagus running around - and that is the hot stuff for transformation in HP.
That said they'd probably want to be careful around the killing curse. Even if it can be blocked, you'd have to be really dumb to be the first person to try.
It's much safer to stand off and blow them away with the artilery.
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
I'm not so sure about this, actually. Sure, Divine Buster looks much more powerful and destructive, but in the first series, Fate survives taking one head-on. The killing curse is just that: if it hits you, you're dead. No ifs, ands, or buts (ignoring the obvious exception), and no known magical shield against it exists. It's not as flashy, maybe, but it's not really possible to get much more effective than insta-death, at least in an anti-personnel role.
Yeah, but Nanoha was trying very hard not to hurt Fate in their clashes. And Fate was very single-minded in the first series. In using the killing curse in Nanoha's case, it'll make a good discussion on whether her barrier jacket and the autoguard spell (protection/protection powered) used by Raising (Raging Heart) not to mention Reactor Purge (detonation of her barrier jacket, similar in effect to reactive armor) would at least keep Nanoha alive from a Killing curse.
Quote:
Also, Midchildan magic seems very centered around energy manipulation, so something like HP-style transfiguration would be an unknown variable as well (though the obvious Nanoha application of transfiguration magic would be the barrier jacket transformation sequence). HP-style magic seems more flexible in general, I would say, so even leaving the killing curse aside, it sets up some interesting "raw power versus adaptibility and versatility" scenarios.
Actually, I'd think the versability and adaptability would lie in the Nanohaverse: Consider the spells active all the time when Nanoha is in transformed mode:
1. The barrier jacket transformation
2. "Flyer Fin": A flight spell (look ma, no broom!)
Now, what canon Potterverse character can keep more than one spell on-going?
Aonsider her typical opening combat spell: Divine/Axel Shooter....
precision guided magical missles...and depending on what season of Nanoha you watch her volley can range from 4 to 10...and she can guide them Dodging would be impossible unless the other potterverse character portkeys out of there in which they concede the battle...and the next time they meet, Nanoha casts a barrier dome which traps them.
As far as power goes,...do anyone really want to make a case for Moldie Voldie being more powerful?
It would be interesting having someone like Bellatrix Lestrange going up against someone like Sigum.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell
The killing curse seems to have a flight time.
Since it can be dodge by un-assisted humans, I dont think they have a hope of hitting someone with "flash move" and the ability to doge in 3-d.
They might get lucky ONCE, and drop a nanoha cast member.
At which point the TSAB will probably just start resorting to stand-off weaponry.
Also, it can be blocked by tombstones. Possibly any stone wall, but definitely tombstones.
I've seen a couple of fics where Harry and crew learn to create or summon tombstones as an AK defense...
--Sam
"Then he threw a chimney at us!"
At the end of book 5 Dumbledore animtes a group of stone (metal?) statues for use as mobile shield against Voldie's AVs. the statues took heavy damage but they stopped the spells.__________________
I bet that if you cooked an elephant, you'd have a lot of leftovers.

WengFook

On a amall tangent... What if... the Garnet Orb and the Silence Glaive... were intelligent devices? :O
I bet they would only speak in moonspeak [Image: happy.gif] _______________________________
We're definitely playing this game wrong. I thought Vampire was supposed to be a game of personal horror, not about ninja magic-carpet airstrikes at night.
- A friend after playing a session of Dark Ages Vampire.
A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away. THERE IS ONLY WAR!
-Same friend.
That's fucking brilliant.
And and and the fall of the moon kingdom and al hazared and and oooooh you can fit ifurita in there too and mebbe the others too and...
SHINY! *pounces*
Ja, -n
(scribbling furiously)

===============================================
"I'm terribly sorry, but I have to kill you quite horribly now."
Quote:
On a small tangent... What if... the Garnet Orb and the Silence Glaive... were intelligent devices?
I believe some exploration of this was done in Relatively Absent but there's still plenty of room in there for more ficcage.
D for Drakensis

You're only young once, but immaturity is forever.
Quote:
I believe some exploration of this was done in Relatively Absent
You are correct, although the relevant portions of RA were written long before Nanoha was created, so don't look for explicit crossover elements.

-- Bob
---------
The Internet Is For Norns.
Getting back to the topic at the top of the page (), here's one caused by me conflating two titles in my recently-watched anime pile:
Steel Angel Haruhi
(Thing is, I'm halfway through casting this one: Haruhi/Karumi, Yuki/Saki, Mikuru/Karinka, Kyon/Nakahito ... no, the pairings don't really make sense, but it's how my brain keeps insisting to match them up.)

-Rob Kelk
"Read Or Die: not so much a title as a way of life." - Justin Palmer, 6 June 2007
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Fleeing from their doomed system, the representatives of the nine planets (and one moon) must decide who they can trust and who has been turned into a fearsome copy-senshi...
Battlestar Galaxia.
Sailor Moon/Battlestar Galactica
Note: This is much funnier when you are familiar with both series, especially the final season of Sailor Moon.
------------------
Epsilon
I'd say Haruhi's personality fits better with Karinka.
Hmmm, or maybe...
Steel Angel Mikuru 2
starring
Tsuruya as Nako
Mikuru as Kurumi
Yuki as Saki
Haruhi as Karinka
Ryoko as Uruka
-Morgan, also wishes she could write "Steel Angel Saki", but that's not a crossover at all..."Mikuru-chan molested me! I'm... so happy!"
---(Not really)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21