Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Crossovers that should not be: Strange Attractors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Percy Weasley and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Michael Jackson and the Olympians: The Charisma Thief
"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies
.sigged over on Spacebattles, in various 40k crossover discussions:

Quote:Inside Burt Gummer is an Ork. The Ork is not trying to get out. It's damned happy to be there.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
ECSNorway Wrote:.sigged over on Spacebattles, in various 40k crossover discussions:

Quote:Inside Burt Gummer is an Ork. The Ork is not trying to get out. It's damned happy to be there.
"I iz outta dakka. I haz nevuh been outta dakka before!"

Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."
Two planet-eating robots force a third to go on a very bizarre journey in Charlie the Unicron.
--Sam
"Shun!  Shuuuuuuun!"
You'd think somebody might stand up to all these Unicrons running around, but, alas, bureaucracy gets in the way of doing anything about them in Yes, Optimus Prime Minister
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
More an Ad Pitch That Should Not Be, shamelessly stolen from inspired by http://forums.sjgames.com/showpost.php? ... stcount=30 - Sidney Poitier selling soft drinks. "They call me Mister Pibb!"
--
Rob Kelk

paladindythe

The Takamachi family secret art? Sinanju.
paladindythe Wrote:The Takamachi family secret art? Sinanju.
Either that or Genma sold Ranma to yet another old man during their wanderings, probably for a bowl of rice. In this case, it's not a son-in-law that Chiun wants, but a student. The gender curse just makes Ranma more attractive to CURE as an agent.
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."
Now you've got me thinking of the third side of that crossover triangle...

"Ranma? I'm your fiancée, Nanoha! When we were children, our parents promised that we'd marry each other; don't you remember? Or were you too busy training with Kouya to pay attention?"
--
Rob Kelk

SCM Writer of 2814

"What? You already have other fiances? Well, as long as we're on the subject, can my best friend Fate join in too? We do everything together..."
--------------------------------------
I am the LORD OF THE CRACK!
Check out said crack:
Takamachi Nanoha of 2814- Green Lantern Nanoha. To START! Now with a TvTropes page!
FATE/Holy Grail War of 2814- The Fifth Holy Grail War with Magical Girl Prisma Illya, in the DCAU, from the above story.
Magical Girl Magistra Erebea Molly- the world's first Dresden Files/TvTropes Crossover.
VENGEANCE! The Musical! The Story of Uchiha Sasuke
"You magically turn into a girl? I wasn't sure about this whole 'marriage' thing, but now I'm beginning to like the idea..."
--
Rob Kelk

SCM Writer of 2814

"How do you feel about ferrets and lolis in bed? Because I've been talking to a few other freinds..."
Check out said crack:
Takamachi Nanoha of 2814- Green Lantern Nanoha. To START! Now with a TvTropes page!
FATE/Holy Grail War of 2814- The Fifth Holy Grail War with Magical Girl Prisma Illya, in the DCAU, from the above story.
Magical Girl Magistra Erebea Molly- the world's first Dresden Files/TvTropes Crossover.
*Head-desks repeatedly, but only because it is that good.*

SCM Writer of 2814

"Desk-play? Well, all right... I think I still have my school uniform somewhere... or we can just use my barrier jacket..."
Check out said crack:
"Oh! But no mind control, ok?"
-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.

paladindythe

"Oh? You're another one of his fiancees? I was hoping we could be friends!"
.... *Breaks down into giggles as he imagines Nanoha 'befriending' Akane, Ukyo, and Shampoo all in short order. With a side of therapy no jutsu to Kodachi and Tatewaki.*
PS: Quick!  Somebody move this one into the 'MUST BE' pile!
blackaeronaut Wrote:PS: Quick!  Somebody move this one into the 'MUST BE' pile!
Before we do that, there's something we need to decide:

Who in the Nerima Wrecking Crew has a Linker Core? Nobody? Anyone with a curse? Anyone with access to Hammerspace? All of them?
--
Rob Kelk

Gos should have one, and so should the Kunos. Really, though, I think it makes more sense if all humans have linker cores, but most cannot channel more magical power than is needed to sustain life. Or perhaps it is like an incorporeal appendix in most people, there but serving no function.
-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.
robkelk Wrote:
blackaeronaut Wrote:PS: Quick!  Somebody move this one into the 'MUST BE' pile!
Before we do that, there's something we need to decide:

Who in the Nerima Wrecking Crew has a Linker Core? Nobody? Anyone with a curse? Anyone with access to Hammerspace? All of them?

Everyone!
But Kasumi's is the most powerful... other than the ladle lady.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
If you intend to have any intercast violence as a dramatic plot point (rather than a comedic curbstomp) then you should give Linker Cores to anyone you want fighting a member of the Nanoha cast. Ranma might qualify, heck you could have the Gekkaja turn out to be a Device of some kind.
If you're going for comedic curbstomps, then none of them should have effective Linker Cores. The joke "Kasumi is really all powerful!" is old and stale and should be avoided.
----------------
Epsilon

SCM Writer of 2814

Anyone mind if I take all the Nanoha/Ranma stuff and pile them together in a fic?
Check out said crack:
Okay, almost 300 messages. Time for a new thread.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12