Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Crossovers that should not be: Strange Attractors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Necratoid

Doesn't explain why it shouldn't be though.
A Masked Rider 000/Portal crossover in which an epic fight occurs over whether or not the cake is a lie.

Sirrocco

Bliss Stage/Bokurano

The Giant Robots that are used to defend what is left of humanity get more powerful based on the emotional connections of their pilots... and consume the life of the pilot every time.

Because being an Anchor wasn't depressing enough to begin with.
Natsuki Kaga, Chairwoman of the Kitchen Arena on Mai-CHeF
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Okay. How about a less disturbing Negima one?

It occurred to me a while back that there's a certain similarity in basic combat paradigms between Negima and the Ar tonelico series. There's one person who stands in back and chants spells to do stuff that's really awesome but it takes a long time, and one (or more) people who stand in front and keep them from getting beat up while they do it. (And somehow, it feels more similar than just being two cases of "squishy wizard".) So I got to imagining the AT story, but with Reyvateils as Magistra Magi and the guardians as Minster/Ministra Magi. But I might be enjoying imagining Cloche and Cocona's pactio a bit too much...

Alternately, it wouldn't be too hard to imagine Negi as a Reyvateil, thanks to mini-skirt fox girl. But that probably *would* break the story into itty-bitty pieces.

-Morgan.
"So this Gaould was sealed away by Ra, I get that. What I don't get is why its such a big deal. We've defeated plenty of Gaould."
"This Gaould was sealed away because he managed to take control of the entire stargate network. His name was Sau, from the Gaould word which meant 'nemisis' so he was properly know as..."
"Wait, repeat that first bit Daniel."
"He took control of every Stargate from his 'City of Darkness' where his 'Flaming Eye' could watch all travel."
"How is that even possible?"
"Well sir, according to my research the golden stargate had the power to send a virus through all the DHD..."
"Golden stargate?"
"Yes, sir."
"He had one stargate which could take over the entire network. Am I hearing that right, Sam?"
"Yes, sir."
"So what you're saying is... this guy had one ring to rule them all?"
"..."
"..."
----------------
Epsilon
Kei Kusanagi isn't your typical 15 year old high school student. He's actually an 18 year old with a rare disorder that puts him into what he calls a "standstill". One evening, while sitting on the shores of Lake Kizaki, Kei witnesses a strange figure appear out of thin air. Now Kei must marry this mysterious individual in order to be allowed to keep his memories of that night: Please Kreacher! (a Harry Potter/Please Teacher! crossover)
----------------------------------------------------

"Anyone can be a winner if their definition of victory is flexible enough." - The DM of the Rings XXXV
Magic User's Club vs. Dr Frank'n'Furter
"Go beyond the impossible and kick reason to the curb, that's the Vorkosigan way!"
Jinx999 Wrote:"Go beyond the impossible and kick reason to the curb, that's the Vorkosigan way!"
Are you sure that's a Crossover? That sounds exactly like something a Vorkosigan commander would say (shout?).
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann / Codex Alera
In TTGL, Kamina and Simon win with determination and willpower.  In Codex Alera, Tavi wins through cleverness, creativity, and cunning.  They both also win through sheer audacity.  I'm not sure what exactly will happen if they work together, but it will be glorious.
Gurren Lagann/ Toriko. Toriko can already be pretty much summarized as "Kamina describes his fishing trip last weekend", so its not that big a step.
-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.
From a recent "are you okay with antropomorphic animals in your rpg settings" thread on rpg.net.
Quote:
Quote: Originally Posted by Aaron Peori 

Whatever you want to play is cool,
so long as it fits the setting and themes of the campaign. No silly
catgirls in a serious technothriller drama. But the same goes for
kender.
Response by GaoGaiGar

"The case with the president's nuclear launch codes has gone
missing. We don't know who has it or what they plan to do with it" said
the NSA man, speaking into his 256 bit encrypted cellphone. "I'm on
my way" replied Jack Ryan tersely, slipping his Glock-17 into the
tailored holster at the small of his back.

"Why do you think they call it a football?" Tasslehoff Burrfoot said,
turning over the strange case that had somehow fallen into his backpack.
"It's not shaped like a foot or a ball."

-From Tom Clancy's Dragonlance.
------------
Epsilon
---

As the smoke cleared, Louise Francoise le Blanc de la Valliere stared in shock at the figure that had appeared in response to her summons.

It seemed to be a man, in general shape. Quite tall, over six feet she was sure, it towered over everyone there in the heavy black armor that it wore. The breastplate was studded with odd decorations, some of them even seemed to light up - magic, she wondered? The most frightening aspect, though, was the helmet, skull-like mask covering the face beneath the black dome. Its breath was quite audible, laborious and harsh, through the triangular grill that covered the mouth.

Then it stepped forward, and as she tensed to leap back, it sank to one knee before her.

Its voice was deep, masculine, stentorian. Slightly accented - slightly Albionish, she thought, but as badly affected as the figure's breath.

"What is thy bidding, my master?"

---
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

WengFook

ECSNorway Wrote:---

As the smoke cleared, Louise Francoise le Blanc de la Valliere stared in shock at the figure that had appeared in response to her summons.

It seemed to be a man, in general shape. Quite tall, over six feet she was sure, it towered over everyone there in the heavy black armor that it wore. The breastplate was studded with odd decorations, some of them even seemed to light up - magic, she wondered? The most frightening aspect, though, was the helmet, skull-like mask covering the face beneath the black dome. Its breath was quite audible, laborious and harsh, through the triangular grill that covered the mouth.

Then it stepped forward, and as she tensed to leap back, it sank to one knee before her.

Its voice was deep, masculine, stentorian. Slightly accented - slightly Albionish, she thought, but as badly affected as the figure's breath.

"What is thy bidding, my master?"

---
I'd read that fic. Yup I would and love every second of its crackishness. Extra points if there is a solid reason why he can't simply blow through all of the ZNT baddies Big Grin
I do confess when I got to the skull faced helm bit I thought it was a Space Marine Chaplain, but then the triangular grill is rather distinctive and I went.... Oh. HIM.
Back on topic though. I think I'd like to see Vader out of the Star Wars context. With no Jedi to hate and no Emperor to push him around what would he do in that situation? 

Hrm.

There's a million different answers to that question. Canon tells us that Anakin was absurdly talented as an Engineer, so I can see him working in a shop somewhere..

Anakin Skywalker-Elric and his adopted brother Alphonse chase their brother Edward across Amestris in search of a method to bring their lost mother back to life?
"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies
Wiredgeek Wrote:Anakin Skywalker-Elric and his adopted brother Alphonse chase their brother Edward across Amestris in search of a method to bring their lost mother back to life?
Don't add a brother; replace one. "He's more machine than man, now..."
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
The Nanny and The Professor -- After a freak time-space vortex throws them all together, a Jewish nanny from the early 21st century and a (formerly) shipwrecked academic from the 1960s must team up to raise the three orphaned children of an intellectual in the early 1970s...
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Scythe vs. Scythe
Fate Testerossa vs. Horned Reaper
The World God Only Knows/Ranma. Let's see him work this one out.
-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.
Ranma/Aria

"What'd'ya mean, nobody here fights?"
--
Rob Kelk

HoagieOfDoom

Sirrocco

Santa Claus/Baba Yaga

Well, they're both winter-aspected, with something of a moralist bent, right?  Surely that's enough in common to build a relationship around.
Santa Klaus Wulfenbach

For that Christmas Spark...
--
Rob Kelk

Or perhaps this.