Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Crossovers that should not be: Strange Attractors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Jorlem Wrote:So, anyone up for Luke Skywalker as Saber?
LightSaber, maybe...

SCM Writer of 2814 Wrote:Yup, that's true. One of the games has a 'Saver' or possibly 'Messiah' as a Servant Class. This does not bode well...
(thinks of another anime character called "Messiah" by her companions)

Tsukino Usagi as a Servant?
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

SCM Writer of 2814

robkelk Wrote:
SCM Writer of 2814 Wrote:Yup, that's true. One of the games has a 'Saver' or possibly 'Messiah' as a Servant Class. This does not bode well...

(thinks of another anime character called "Messiah" by her companions)

Tsukino Usagi as a Servant?
Any Main Character, really. Rand Al'Thor. Raistlin Majere, to an extent. Harry Dresden? Tavi? Phoenix Jean Gray? Kyon?
--------------------------------------
I am the LORD OF THE CRACK!
Check out said crack:
Takamachi Nanoha of 2814- Green Lantern Nanoha. To START! Now with a TvTropes page!
FATE/Holy Grail War of 2814- The Fifth Holy Grail War with Magical Girl Prisma Illya, in the DCAU, from the above story.
Magical Girl Magistra Erebea Molly- the world's first Dresden Files/TvTropes Crossover.
VENGEANCE! The Musical! The Story of Uchiha Sasuke
Everyone beat me to it, so just a simple belated welcome to the group for SCM from me, too.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

SCM Writer of 2814

Thanks! Actually, you did it first with the PM.
Check out said crack:
Takamachi Nanoha of 2814- Green Lantern Nanoha. To START! Now with a TvTropes page!
FATE/Holy Grail War of 2814- The Fifth Holy Grail War with Magical Girl Prisma Illya, in the DCAU, from the above story.
Magical Girl Magistra Erebea Molly- the world's first Dresden Files/TvTropes Crossover.
Yes I did, but I always do a public one as well, which is leftover from the period before we had to have a locked gate on the forums.
-- Bob
---------
Jorlem Wrote:Mickey could do well as Saber and Caster, I think. His portrayal in
Kingdom Hearts makes him a shoo in for Saber
Noble Phantasm: Keyblade.
Which could potentially unlock a whole other can of worms. Smile
Quote:
SCM Writer of 2814 wrote:

Any Main Character, really. Rand Al'Thor.
And then you get access to the Horn of Valere Noble Phantasm, and just summon EVERY SERVANT EVER  and watch the fun. Smile
--Sam
"An object at rest -- CANNOT BE STOPPED!!!!!"
Evil Midnight Lurker Wrote:
Quote:

And then you get access to the Horn of Valere Noble Phantasm, and just summon EVERY SERVANT EVER  and watch the fun. Smile
--Sam
The Rider in the Fourth Grail War had something similar.  He could summon an army of Heroes, who remained loyal to him even after death.
-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.

SCM Writer of 2814

Evil Midnight Lurker Wrote:
Quote:

--Sam
Technically, That's more Mat's thing, since ofthe 3 he's most closely linked to the Horn. He'd probably be a new kind of Servant too. The Commander Class. Noble Phantasms: Band of the Red Hand, Horn of Valere, Unlimited Sex Appeal.
Check out said crack:
That really is a combination of Rider and Lancer from the Fourth Grail War.
-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.
The Time Space Administration Bureau registers a massive dimensional quake, more powerful than any Lost Logia ever detected. Tracing the event to Earth they send their duo of on-site part time agents to investigate... and when they walk into the school where the dimensional event is a harried but average looking boy takes one look at them and says, "Oh no, tell me Haruhi hasn't done something stupid again."
Can Nanoha Takamichi possibly solve the "problem" of Haruhi Suzimiya without busting out beam spam? Is it possible for her to be "subtle" and make certain that Haruhi never learns the truth...?
-----------------
Epsilon

SCM Writer of 2814

HECK NO!
Haruhi: Mysterious transfer students! clearly, you're magical girls here to fight the forces of evil!
Nanoha: Damn, busted.
Check out said crack:
Light Yagami rubbed his eyes, but the incipient headache was only getting worse. He prided himself on being cool and collected, but it was taking more and more work.And it all had one cause.
His new assistant.
She was a mystery to him. He prided himself on his ability to understand other people, but her behavour was unfathomable. He dearly wanted to make her go away, with a quick note, but he couldn't risk the danger that she was part of a suble trap. It could explain how some who acted like that could become a police officer. And her disturbing civilian friend, who was only known by a nickname - even in her school and university records.
He needed to unravel this mystery and fast. She was already affecting his judgement.
He looked down at the school records. Perhaps he could find some answes there. Her teachers must have left some clue.
"Tomo Takino . . .
Epsilon Wrote:The Time Space Administration Bureau registers a massive dimensional quake, more powerful than any Lost Logia ever detected. Tracing the event to Earth they send their duo of on-site part time agents to investigate... and when they walk into the school where the dimensional event is a harried but average looking boy takes one look at them and says, "Oh no, tell me Haruhi hasn't done something stupid again."
Can Nanoha Takamichi possibly solve the "problem" of Haruhi Suzimiya without busting out beam spam? Is it possible for her to be "subtle" and make certain that Haruhi never learns the truth...?
http://drunkardswalkforums.yuku.com/topic/6570]You aren't the first person to think of this... but maybe you can actually take it somewhere.

(My thought was setting this during the "six years later" bit we saw at the end of A's, and the second year that Haruhi's in high school.)
--
Rob Kelk

HoagieOfDoom

Tonight on This Old LM, see if the guys can fit the Lunar Module with a proper toilet while still keeping the weight down. And dont' forget to tune in next week for the back-to-back This Old Skylab and This Old Saturn V!

al103

SCM Writer of 2814 Wrote:And the original Tarzan actually does better as a Rider or Assassin than Berserker. He's actually pretty intelligent. He learned French, after all. Have you tried learning French? It's a lot harder since his mother tongue is literally 'Ape'.
Both Lancelot and Heracles would fare better in other class too. Actually Saber-Berserker or Archer-Berserker would nearly guaranty win in the war, he would be better than anyone bu serious Gil.

Necratoid

I couldn't find an explanation for al of the divisions in all the classes on Wikipedia except for berserker.  So I'm going to wing this a bit:
Berserker: Rodney King.  Yes, that Rodney King.  He doesn't attack you directly, in fact he seems almost harmless if not irratic... The you hit him and he gets back up and he keeps doing that.  Over and over again.  Then he stands up.  Then while his refusal to stay down or make sense... then your over run by hundreds of violent people of a minority in the city/metropolis that trash it and run rampant.  As a Berserker this means the only one immune to the effect is him and unless the Master is of the rioting minority that master is totally a legal target... this will go on for days until he gives the counter speech in a venue the rioters can hear.
I'm not sure on the class, but Audie Murphy.  Seriously, he was the living justification for the Army of One or the lone space marine.  He'd be the perfect counter for any hoard attack.  The movie based on his signature battle, To Hell and Back... made tens of millions in theatres in 1955.

Archer Vasily Grigorevich Zaytsev.  Russian master sniper.  Also had a movie,  Enemy at the Gates.

Commander class is likely to bring in lots of mass murders that cause absurd civilian casualties.  People that make Gilgimesh look like the best choice for your vote in the elections.  You know, Mao, Stalin, and the one who wasn't communist.
Archer Class:  Rally Vincent.  "UNLIMITED GUN WORKS!"  (I just heard Gilgamesh cry for his mommy... )

The Negotiator class:  "No, there's only ever been one.  None of us know how he became a Servant anyway, we think he fast-talked the Powers That Be somehow.  He's pretty low-powered compared to most Servants, but his Noble Fantasm scares everybody."

SCM Writer of 2814

Harem-keeper Class: Useless on their own (apparently), their power comes from their super-powered girlfriends who follow them around. Then you realize that the most famous harem builders are juggernauts in their own right...
Negi, Ranma (to a degree), Tenchi, Shinji (?), Yotsuba Kazuki (Dual! Parrallel Trouble Adventure, basically non-angsty Eva meets Tenchi), Hibiki (Of Vandread!), Nightwing (How many hot girls does that guy know?), Batman (the same)...
TRULY, THIS IS A POWERFUL CLASS!
Manipulative Bastard Class: this Holy Grail war is actually all part of their plans...
Check out said crack:
If you're going that way - how about Harem Keeper Ami?
Other suggestion - Highschool of the Dead / Black Lagoon.
Highschool of the Dead/ Creature from the Black Lagoon?
Sometimes I like looking at the cast list for the anime I'm watching, and see how many names I recognize. (I make it more difficult by limiting myself to the Japanese actors.) Occasionally, I think "hey, she did that character?" because the seiyuu usually voices a completely different type of character. So, what happens when two characters voiced by the same seiyuu swap places? It could be a CTSNB, such as in this example:

We've secretly replaced Aria (from Sister Princess) with Fate Testarossa. Let's see if anyone notices - they won't if they're only going by voice...
--
Rob Kelk

Reminds me of the time we proposed the big "rotate Kotono Mitsuishi characters" concept, where Sailor Moon takes the place of Misato Katsuragi who takes the place of Mink who takes the place of Excel Excel who takes the place of..." and so on.
-- Bob
---------

SCM Writer of 2814

Barney is actually DOCTOR HORRIBLE! Lily is Willow after she changes her name and quits the Scooby life! Marshall is a serial killer! (Mostly because he tends to have those kinds of vibes)
Check out said crack:
Since we are talking about crossing different roles from the same voice actor, I should mention that I have always been convinced that the real identity of Kekko Kamen is Kino Makoto.
Would be fun if headmaster Toenail of Satan went to Tokyo to look into rumors of delinquent schoolgirls in unlawfully short skirts going out after curfew and causing mayhem and property destruction...

Sirrocco

Death Note and The Mikado
"I've got a little list, yes I've got a little list, and they'll none of them be missed, they'll none of them be missed."
also
The Melancholy of Light Yagami.
Light meets a new schoolmate, who is instantly convinced, without any evidence at all, that he's Kira.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12