Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Crossovers that should not be: Strange Attractors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Excel Excel, Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Necratoid

In the anime Excel Saga they'd have to actually kill off the power leach of an afro director... they she would function far, far better.  Luck with that.
If its manga Excel... the real issue is that Excel generates a field or something that makes you think you already told her vital info, and therefore completely ignore ever mentioning it again around Excel.  Thus Nick Fury would be requiring repeated trips to the dentist for caps as he keeps finding out that no one bothered to give her the mission briefing... yet again.  What she got was vague babble about changing the world and stuff.  She'd keep going on missions and somehow completing them despite having little to no idea what just happened.  Though it likely includes some random clashing conspiracies and explosions.  So she'd actually be a really useful agent... only she'd be happy she completed some vaguely defined goal and the people stuck explaining what just happened would be in for hell.

Sirrocco

Actually, our man Fury is pretty used to supers by now.  Eventually he'd figure it out - and then he'd know exactly how to use her.  Send her into the situations where you know something's going on, but don't have any solid data.  After all, if no one's going to tell her *anyway*...
Dobby O'Gill and the Big People
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Ranma 1/2 and Gor.

The Wanderer

...well, looking for a bright side, that would at least have the potential to warp Gor's gender-role system back towards a less twisted shape...

(My brother claims he's actually seen a crossover of those two sources, by an author whose name he doesn't remember but whose primary subject matter is "extreme latex fetish". I'm not particularly interested in trying to track it down...)
Noir and Triangle Hearts. The ultimate assassin and the ultimate bodyguard. Just DON'T get the family involved.

Necratoid

Sirroco, I know Fury would catch on after a mission or three... what would drive him nuts is that people in his organization are suddenly and inexplicably going temporarily incompetent for no adequately explained reason.
Necratoid Wrote:Sirroco, I know Fury would catch on after a mission or three... what would drive him nuts is that people in his organization are suddenly and inexplicably going temporarily incompetent for no adequately explained reason.
That Excel has a mind warping 'superpower' isn't an adequate explanation?  They do have ways to test for the presence of powers, or am I getting mixed up with something else?  Been a while since I've read Marvel.
-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.
Inspired by my misreading of SCM's post in the new fic thread:

The 21 Jewel Seeds of Scooby Doo (Nanoha/Scooby Doo)
-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.
Torg / Exalted.
Cry, highlord, cry.
In the aftermath of Third Impact, Shinji and Asuka find themselves running for their lives as things emerge from the Sea of LCL -- not human returnees, but projections of the collective that take the form and personality of monsters, spirits, and gods from every culture.  These new "Angels" have their own strange plans for the ruined world -- plans that don't include the last two physical humans.
Their only hope: the final legacy of NERV... devices that let them synchronize with these creatures, bargain with them, turn them against one another... all thanks to the "Angel Summoning Program."
SHIN SEIKI EVANGELION TENSEI: Digital Angel Saga
--Sam
"Peaceful days are over.  Let's survive."

Jenova Silverstar

Something inspired by quotes from a friend's Shadowrun session: Phantom's Eleven
(Ocean's Eleven/Danny Phantom)
"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened."
--Dr. Seuss
SCM sort of indirectly gave me this idea.

Raising Heart: Love Sign ?Master Spark?

-Morgan.

SCM Writer of 2814

Huh? I don't get it...
--------------------------------------
I am the LORD OF THE CRACK!
Check out said crack:
Takamachi Nanoha of 2814- Green Lantern Nanoha. To START! Now with a TvTropes page!
FATE/Holy Grail War of 2814- The Fifth Holy Grail War with Magical Girl Prisma Illya, in the DCAU, from the above story.
Magical Girl Magistra Erebea Molly- the world's first Dresden Files/TvTropes Crossover.
VENGEANCE! The Musical! The Story of Uchiha Sasuke
It's a touhou thing.
The superattack of the witch-girl, I believe.
In other news:
Scott Pilgrim vs the Seven Devils of Kimon!
Ramona: Yeah, Scott, I have to warn you that my Ex's are really evil...
--------------
Epsilon
Well, that would explain how she can do the subspace thing... she either learned from one of them, or she's not human either...
-- Bob
---------
It could be worse.

It could be what I once misread Ramona's name as.

Scott Pilgrim vs Ranma's evil exes.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
ECSNorway Wrote:It could be worse.

It could be what I once misread Ramona's name as.

Scott Pilgrim vs Ranma's evil exes.

So, how did you misread "Ramona" as "Ramna"?

I can see misreading "Ramona" as "Romana"... and Scott Pilgrim thus is trying to date a Time Lord...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
In another direction entirely, I want to do something with Scott Pilgrim and the Beverly Cleary book "Ramona and Beezus", but I all I know about that book is its title, so I'm not getting very far.
-- Bob
---------
Epsilon Wrote:It's a touhou thing.
The superattack of the witch-girl, I believe.

Yep. I feel pretty confident that if fights in the Nanohaverse were done with danmaku, Nanoha would be the one to invent the Master Spark. (Which is to say, the simple and completely unsubtle beam of annihilation. Especially with lines like "unleash your annihiliation of love!")

Of course, there'd be a running joke with another of her spell cards...

Raising Heart: Perverse Love ?Sure-Fire Master Spark?
Fate/Vita/etc: What love!?

(Joke stolen from here.)

Of course, that comes to an end when, sometime after the end of StrikerS...

Vivio: Nanoha-mama, what's a "perverse love"?

... I'm sure there's any *number* of amusing ways that could play out.

Quote:In another direction entirely, I want to do something with Scott Pilgrim and the Beverly Cleary book "Ramona and Beezus", but I all I know about that book is its title, so I'm not getting very far.

All I know is, whenever I see the title, my mind translates 'Beezus' to 'Bejeezus'. '.'

Edited: So things that aren't supposed to be bold won't be.

-Morgan. And then my mind translates that to "Jebefusus".
The Golden Trio of Hogwarts: Harry Potter. Hermione Granger. And Ranma Weasley.
ETA:  (It's not that far-fetched.  Just substitute martial arts for chess.  Everything else but hair color remains effectively the same.)
-- Bob
---------
Bob Schroeck Wrote:The Golden Trio of Hogwarts: Harry Potter. Hermione Granger. And Ranma Weasley.
ETA:  (It's not that far-fetched.  Just substitute martial arts for chess.  Everything else but hair color remains effectively the same.)
Or, if you want to stay true to Takahashi's running gag, substitute Anything-Goes Martial Arts Chess for chess...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Anything Goes Martial Arts Wizard Chess. Can't forget that part.

Oh, and Ginny is played by "Ranko".
-- Bob
---------
Bob Schroeck Wrote:The Golden Trio of Hogwarts: Harry Potter. Hermione Granger. And Ranma Weasley.
...How did I not see that!  It makes so much sense! 
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12