Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Crossovers That Should Not Be XIV: A Heavy Crossover to Bear
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Necratoid

Is it strange that my first thought is that trainer's pokedex has secretly evolved into a porygon and is randomly identifing things and people they come across just to be a jerk.. you know identifing a rhyme dragon and salamander there.. a void mage and zombie over there.  Basically shotguning information that is suppose to be secret like some insane narrator.  That and identifing everyone's techniques outloud... just to watch the elf as a voice from nowhere explains it techiques and exactly how to beat them.
I picture said trainer as both jaded and upbeat... and doing things like catching a certain golem and then the other golem as minions.

Glidergun

My intention was more that he'd run into all of the weird bugs in RBY, and had basically decided just to roll with it. Has a Missingno. and an M-Block, introduces himself as [UNPRONOUNCEABLE MESS] and then adds that he thinks he might have had a different name once, was exploring Glitch City when he was summoned, etc. His Pokedex, I think, would have long since given up the ghost, and he just views everything that's happening as another round of crazy unexplainable crap.
"Bzzt ... yeah, you go 'head an hang out wit'that (bzzt) void mage ... I'll beesh over 'ere, drinkin' my (ba-bing!) Coppertopsh..."

- CD
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
I know it's out of season, but...

Miracle on 42nd Street: Santa Claus, in the off season, follows his heart's desire and tries to make it big on Broadway.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Glidergun Wrote:Louise summons a Pokemon trainer. Not just any Pokemon trainer, though, this one has seen - and caught - things that would drive lesser children mad. He is...
Familiar of (MISSING NUMBER)
http://www222.pair.com/sjohn/pokethulhu.htm]And here's the game to play that one in...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
“We are no longer the knights who say ni! We are now the knights who say ecchi-ecchi-ecchi-pitang-zoom-boing!”
--
Rob Kelk

You know... from a pokemon trainer perspective, Louise's magic is anything but a dissapointment. I mean, Explosion is one of if not the strongest attacks available (I know it was in the RSE games) and she casts it all the time without knocking herself out... and this before she learns the actual Void spell for the purpose. A little work on her aim and she'll be good to try the local League! Wait, what do you mean there's no pokemon league here? I mean, everyone in Lousie's year and up has one...

On the other hand, her dimwit familiar thinking he's actually the master and expecting her to perform like his other pets would certainly frost Louise's knickers, especially given how any of those pets would have been familiars she could have been proud of...

... she should just be glad it wasn't a pokeGIRL tamer who arrived.

- CD
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
ClassicDrogn Wrote:... she should just be glad it wasn't a pokeGIRL tamer who arrived.
.... Now THAT!  Is a Crossover That Should Not Be.
...Or maybe it could if it's done for pure crack.
Stories about a rookie cop in MegaTokyo, stuck in the middle of a clash between two very hostile groups: AvP Files
--
Rob Kelk

robkelk Wrote:Stories about a rookie cop in MegaTokyo, stuck in the middle of a clash between two very hostile groups: AvP Files
Special Guest Dues ex Machina?  Largo and his Cool Thing(tm).
Something inspired by an image on RPG.net's forums:
"Gojira of Earth, you have the power to instill great fear. Welcome to the Sinestro Corps."
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."
"Like, dude, you have the ability to experience great fear. Welcome to the Shaggy and Scooby Corps."
Duane Peters Wrote:"Like, dude, you have the ability to experience great fear. Welcome to the Shaggy and Scooby Corps."
Congratulations, Duane. Whatever subliminals you put in that worked, because I heard it in Casey Kasem's voice.   
Ebony the Black Dragon

you too, huh eb?
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children
Not really a crossover, but it's definitely a Should Not Be...

From a topic heading over the the Daz3D foruns: the long-lost Star Trek pilot episode, "The (Nicholas) Cage"
--
Rob Kelk

Hogwarts Great Hall, second year, after the Malfoy/Weasley incident in Flourish & Blottsturned into a general bar bookstore brawl and resulted in a dreadful injury to to the esteemed Mr. Lockhart, which required him to retreat from public view for a few months while regrowing his hair and eyebrows.

"... and this year we will be welcoming the Great and Powerful Trixie to the post of Professor of the Defense Against the Dark Arts..."

Because surely a creature as strongly aligned to the Light as a unicorn must know how to cambat the Dark Arts, right?

Right?

- CD, isn't sure that would actually make for all that much difference, except that Trixie is at least MARGINALLY competent...
--
Ebony Wrote:Something inspired by an image on RPG.net's forums:
"Gojira of Earth, you have the power to instill great fear. Welcome to the Sinestro Corps."
[Image: monstercharacters.jpg]

Darth Vader.. Joseph Stalin.. etc, etc. Almost too easy..
"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies
"Good god, man!  What happened to you?""I Friended Nanoha Takamachi on Facebook."

"...and in other news tonight, the TSAB's 'White Devil' has 'befriended' the social networking site Facebook, for 'stealing her schtick.'  The survivors are said to be joining her fan club in droves."

"She'll FIND YOU!  It's what she DOES!  And she absolutely WILL NOT STOP until you are BEFRIENDED!"  (with apologies to Kyle Reese).

"Twilight, what are you doing?  This is a crisis!  Equestria may be doomed if we don't stop it!"
"I know, but we need more power.  More friendship."
"...what the hay is facebook.com?"

"It's too late.  @PiedPiper already has every minor with a Twitter account following him."

BREAKING: @LooneyTunes is in combat with @EmperorArcanum NOW!  Click through to LT's BeMyDJ site now to help choose his combat soundtrack
"Pinkie Pie, you have the power to inspire great Hope.. welcome to the Blue Lantern corps...."

"Lina Inverse, your strength is driven by your Greed.... welcome to to the Orange Lantern corps..."

Actually, the Sinestros would probably be all over the Bandit Killer, the Dragon Spooker, The Enemy of All Who Live, Bane of All-you-can-eat Buffets. She's my favorite evil character of all time, because she's not over-the-top villainous evil, she's selfish and greedy and lusts for greater magical knowledge and power, but only kills the fools who stand before her rather than at her side or getting out of her way and doesn't torture or torment innocents for sick fun. And sometimes she saves the world, because it's where she keeps all her stuff, and the stuff that isn't hers... yet. In short, she's Sane Evil (well, mostly) which is quite the accomplishment.

Anyway, Should Not Be:

"Miss Lovegood, students are allowed to have owls, cats or toads, or with prior approval similar small animals such as rats for pets. Not muggle girls. Really, I'd thought your family above that bigoted nonsense!"

"Oh, she isn't a muggle professor. She's a voltaic ironmaid! Isn't that right?"

"Chii? Chii!"

- CD
--
ClassicDrogn Wrote:"Oh, she isn't a muggle professor. She's a voltaic ironmaid! Isn't that right?"

"Chii? Chii!"
CD... that is awesome and got a wild laugh out of me that now has my family glaring at me.
ClassicDrogn Wrote:"Lina Inverse, your strength is driven by your Greed.... welcome to to the Orange Lantern corps..."

Actually, the Sinestros would probably be all over the Bandit Killer, the Dragon Spooker, The Enemy of All Who Live, Bane of All-you-can-eat Buffets. She's my favorite evil character of all time, because she's not over-the-top villainous evil, she's selfish and greedy and lusts for greater magical knowledge and power, but only kills the fools who stand before her rather than at her side or getting out of her way and doesn't torture or torment innocents for sick fun. And sometimes she saves the world, because it's where she keeps all her stuff, and the stuff that isn't hers... yet. In short, she's Sane Evil (well, mostly) which is quite the accomplishment.

Lina is greedy, yes... and she inspires great fear, yes... but she also has enough fearlessness and willpower to cast Giga Slave even after she knows what it really does, and her companions all put their trust in her and perform better when she's around.

Just give her a rainbow ring and be done with it, already...
--
Rob Kelk

Wiredgeek Wrote:"Lord Voldemorte, you have the power to instill great fear. Welcome to the Sinestro Corps."
Darth Vader.. Joseph Stalin.. etc, etc. Almost too easy..
Well, yes. But none of those level major parts of Japan on an annual or semi-annual basis.

Ebony the Black Dragon

I thought the defining characteristic of Gozilla was rage rather than fear.
Jinx999 Wrote:I thought the defining characteristic of Gozilla was rage rather than fear.
Atomic-fire-rage-blood-plasma breath?  Ouch.

----------
No, I don't believe the world has gone mad.  In order for it to go mad it would need to have been sane at some point.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12