Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Crossovers That Should Not Be XIV: A Heavy Crossover to Bear
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

dark seraph

Ahem.

[Image: tumblr_m4v4lvhQFb1r0hoh3o1_500.jpg][Image: tumblr_m4v4lvhQFb1r0hoh3o2_500.jpg]

That is all.

That's a new level of disturbing right there.
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."

Necratoid

Not really, 350 pound bearded guy in a 5 sizes too small outfit is much, much worse.  Those are skinny guys crossdressing and that Pyramid Moon's sword is so tiny its cute.  Also, the inquisitive tilt of the second one's head is a adorable... I mean its like confused on why everyone is looking at it funny... its completely unaware of what its actually wearing.
Man Faye is so much worse.
Necratoid Wrote:Not really, 350 pound bearded guy in a 5 sizes too small outfit is much, much worse.  Those are skinny guys crossdressing and that Pyramid Moon's sword is so tiny its cute.  Also, the inquisitive tilt of the second one's head is a adorable... I mean its like confused on why everyone is looking at it funny... its completely unaware of what its actually wearing.
Man Faye is so much worse.
I'm not talking about the cross-dressing. I can deal with Sailor Ogre and Man Faye; that's just con weirdness. I'm talking about Pretty Sailor Soldier Pyramid Head. The juxtaposition is disturbing.

Ebony the Black Dragon

Necratoid

Actually, I find it adorable... the reason is that Pyramid Head is a juggernaut.  An invincible, mindless, hulking horror.  The thing in the picture is playfully posing: so not mindless.  The thing in the picture has this tiny little sword that can be swung around easily with, but one hand.  Thus not hulking.  Also, the hands under the gloves are just plain clean.  its distorts the image down a few pegs of horror... it looks dingy and almost unkempt... but the hands are so nicely washed and the sword free of gore and other less identifiable substances.  The hands don't even have nail polish on the exposed finger nails.  All signs that point to this not being a fallen Usagi or things being scavenged from her remains.
Instead, I see Pyramid Heads goofy son.  The Sailor Moon Fanboy.  The reason Pyramid Head is so mad at the world.  The clean hands and lack of dried gore (on flesh, outfit or weapon) indicate he (and his cosplaying ogre buddy/minion) are hosed down occasionally.  The tiny sword means dad likely taght him to cut people down whole sale and after watching Sailor Moon Pyramid Head jr. decided to fight for love and justice... his manly giant sword of doom left forgotten for a now girlier version made from the sword he got when he was but five years olds.
In short, the image is not one of horror, but one of hope.  Sailor Moon can convert all, but the darkest of hearts to her cause... and she doesn't even need to meet them in person.  Its as if PH jr's pose is saying, 'I'm PH jr. and I fight for love and justice... my hands are clean'.

KellLogo

Between thinking that the pyramid sailors would make Mikuru cry and my recent reading about In Nomine I present
In Nomine/Haruhi Suzumiya

"You idiots! stop calling for the Host to rebel. You're making Metatron cry!"
[Image: 1266441914325.gif]
Yuki could already be described as being/having a vessel...
I think I've just figured out how the mess of the Star Wars prequels happened.

Thanks to that careless meddling Time Lord and his blue box, Luke Skywalker ended up briefly several decades in his own past, and... well, let's just say that Luke's his own grandpa, Shmi was lying about the whole "no father thing" from the embarrassment, and Anakin is the result of too much inbreeding.
SkyeFire Wrote:I think I've just figured out how the mess of the Star Wars prequels happened.

Thanks to that careless meddling Time Lord and his blue box, Luke Skywalker ended up briefly several decades in his own past, and... well, let's just say that Luke's his own grandpa, Shmi was lying about the whole "no father thing" from the embarrassment, and Anakin is the result of too much inbreeding.
Anakin Skywalker is Phillip J. Fry? 
Okay, I can see that.

Ebony the Black Dragon

Instead of setting up shop in New Tokyo, Mid Bio Informatics was attracted by the low costsm the presence of the John Hopkins hospital and the emminently corruptable local politicians and based themselves in Baltimore instead.
Sekirei meets The Wire and things start going wrong for everyone involved.
It could be worse, they could have set up in Princeton, NJ, and have to deal with the doctors from House.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
This isn't exactly a crossover, but....
How it happened is that I've been reading Rosario + Vampire. They've got this situation with a sort of "monsters-only" equivalent of S.P.E.C.T.R.E. -- and it crossed my mind that there seems to be no organized adult law enforcement trying to take these bastards down. Instead, the burden of saving the world for everybody who wants to live in peace seems to fall, to a large extent, on "those meddling kids" also known as the main characters. They're in their second year of high school, for Arioch's sake. So as I began to think about the possibilities of a police for the type of monsters in the RosaVam 'verse, the following developed:
"This ... is the world. There is no other. (Oops, sorry; wrong monologue.)"

"Humans share this world with many intelligent beings they're not aware are real, but believe to be only the stuff of fantasy. Normally, this is a good thing; their very ignorance keeps humanity from panicking at the awesome powers some of these other beings wield. But sometimes, the rules are broken, and one or more of the so-called monsters deliberately seeks to terrify the humans ... or even to provoke all-out war. When that happens, those 'monsters' who prefer to live peacefully must have the rules enforced for their protection as well as for the sake of humanity.
"That's when Inspector John Tresillian goes to work. He carries a badge.
"He doesn't carry a gun. He doesn't need one. He can entrance you with his voice, paralyze you with his eyes, rip you apart with his claws, poison you with his fangs, or turn you into a tiny pile of ashes with his flaming breath. In his human form, he appears to be a lean and hungry man, who thinks a lot, in his late forties to early fifties. In his true shape, he's seventy-seven meters and one hundred thirty-six tonnes of Russet-Flecked Cornish Black dragon ... and 'feeling lucky today' may be the last mistake you make in this life."
DragonNet
Dahhh, dah dah dah. Dahhh, dah dah dah daaaaaah.
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.
The Bentenmaru is forced to travel to a dangerous and lawless spaceport - New Roanpur. Where they'll have to deal with a different breed of pirate.
Mouretsu Pirates / Black Lagoon
A crossover that really should not be, a tale of horror in which Beavis and Butthead grow up and have kids even worse than them:
Children of the Great Cornholio.
----------------------------------------------------

"Anyone can be a winner if their definition of victory is flexible enough." - The DM of the Rings XXXV
Shepherd Wrote:A crossover that really should not be, a tale of horror in which Beavis and Butthead grow up and have kids even worse than them:
Children of the Great Cornholio.
Oh my god, that is so freakin' hilarious.
The Rocky Horror Picture Show and the Addams Family.
"Ahh, what a lovely charming house, and so beautifully decorated."
Who's house? Wink
blackaeronaut Wrote:Who's house? Wink
No, Who lives in his TARDIS, not a house...

How would he meddle in RHPS, anyway?
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
He'd just give Frank 'n company a free ride home, courtesy TARDIS express.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
I just realised that, based on the dates of publication, the characters in To-y are old enough to be the parents of characters in K-On.
What a bunch of punks think of fluff-fluff time. . . .
In one corner, Pinkie Pie, party pony and Element of Laughter. Humor used to banish fear, sustain through suffering and hardship. The simple act of cheering people up. In the other corner, Kobal, Demon Prince of Dark Humor. Laughter that lets people ignore and enjoy the suffering of others, rather than their own. Every cruel joke at the expense of another. Their eyes narrow with instinctive hate, knowing that the words they bear are anathema to one another.

This is no prank war. This is a deadly serious battle over the fate of all funny business. Be careful what you laugh at- you might just tip the balance in a way you don't expect.

MLP:FiM/In Nomine
copying from a post by Johnny1A.2 on the SJGames Forums:

Quote:Anita Blake at Crystal Lake

Your mission, should you decide to accept it (and why on Earth would you want to?!) is to keep Anita Blake alive during a necessary visit to Crystal Lake. In order to do this, you must keep Ms. Blake from screwing, dominating, submitting to, or any other remotely sexual act with any guy, girl, or other, or any combination thereof, living, dead, or undead, since sexual activity within the demesne of Jason Voorhees is nortoriously lethal.

If you can keep her legs together for seven days, you can leave Crystal Lake alive and untouched (since Jason can't actually harm you if you don't have sex in his territory). However, remember who you are dealing with...
--
Rob Kelk

Today, we've replaced Minister Cornelius Fudge with The Great Cornholio. Let's see if they notice!
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
ClassicDrogn Wrote:Today, we've replaced Minister Cornelius Fudge with The Great Cornholio. Let's see if they notice!
Well, Dumbledore will be glad to have a date on Saturday nights... [evil grin]
A period piece: Karen Lynn Gorney and John Belushi in Samurai Night Fever
--
Rob Kelk

I dunno if this is a Should Not Be, or not, but it grabbed my brain and shows no signs of letting go, so...
http://duane-kc.livejournal.com/119355.html
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12