Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Crossovers That Should Not Be XIV: A Heavy Crossover to Bear
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Quote:BREAKING: @LooneyTunes is in combat with @EmperorArcanum NOW! Click through to LT's BeMyDJ site now to help choose his combat soundtrack
Oh, great, just what Doug needs -- crowdsourced power selection.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
"Today we've replaced Foquet the Crumbling Dirt with Foquet Bartley. Let's see if the mages notice..."

"Today we've replaced Foquet Bartley with Foquet the Crumbling Dirt. Let's see if the Inbit notice..."

- CD
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
Bob Schroeck Wrote:
Quote:BREAKING: @LooneyTunes is in combat with @EmperorArcanum NOW! Click through to LT's BeMyDJ site now to help choose his combat soundtrack
Isn't that the whole point of the 'Game Everypony Loves to Play' subforum?
-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.

Necratoid

Technically Godzilla is driven by greed... I mean he eats radiation.  His issue is that he keeps running into random encounters with other monsters and armies and for some reason the humans don't like him opening all those tasty canned goods they keep hanging around their cities.  the rage is just a side effect of everyone/thing attempting to kill him/fight for dominance.
Lina isn't actually evil.. she is just really, really haunted by annoyingly stupid people.  Seriously, stupid people.  Most of her negative nicknames are entirely based on things bandits call her... random people seem to have a major thing for repeating them all like some kind of deranged mingame... They seem to entirely miss the stuff about city killer spells and taking down armies and demon lords and instead just start mocking her from five feet away... it may be a curse she picked up.  Like the one that attracts the largest boobs in a ten mile radius and has them following her around.
Speaking of which... The LON drops her off after in a certain variation of Tokyo without a clue how to speak the native language... though for some reason she keeps having giant brested women keep trying to makeout with her at random (fireballs ensue).  In a related note, one 'not clumsy, Kuno; girl seems to have won the right to start the new age of the gods after falling on a small child and knocking her out cold
On that note, perhaps a shortfic where Lina ends up in Nerima, mistakes Kodachi for Naga in disguise, and runs around wondering what's gotten into the woman and why she's calling her 'Ranma'...
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
Quote:Necratoid wrote:

Technically Godzilla is driven by greed... I mean he eats radiation.  His issue is that he keeps running into random encounters with other monsters and armies and for some reason the humans don't like him opening all those tasty canned goods they keep hanging around their cities.  the rage is just a side effect of everyone/thing attempting to kill him/fight for dominance.
We're drifting off-topic here, but my interpretation is that Godzilla/Gojira was driven by hunger (which isn't the same as greed) or a desire to just be left alone (which could be equated with anger/rage, or at least the driving force behind that rage). However, I was working off the image, rather than going any further than that, and Godzilla does inspire a great deal of fear in all of his movies, as do most of the kaiju, with maybe the exception of Mothra and Jet Jaguar, and they're just as fearsome as the big lizard when they're stumbling around Tokyo, knocking buildings over and stepping on cars like a drunkard in an antiques shop.
And now for something completely different...
The French Cetacean Philosopher, Albert Shamus.
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."
Necratoid Wrote:Lina isn't actually evil.. she is just really, really haunted by annoyingly stupid people.  Seriously, stupid people.  Most of her negative nicknames are entirely based on things bandits call her... random people seem to have a major thing for repeating them all like some kind of deranged mingame... They seem to entirely miss the stuff about city killer spells and taking down armies and demon lords and instead just start mocking her from five feet away... it may be a curse she picked up.  Like the one that attracts the largest boobs in a ten mile radius and has them following her around.
I think the citybusters and taking down armies is where "Enemy of All Who Live" comes in, actually. Espescially given how often those are just the collateral damage of what she's actually intentionally doing... you're prtty safe if you're behind or beside her, otherwise it's a bit hazardous being on the same planet and you never, ever want to be downrange.
Quote:Speaking of which... The LON drops her off after in a certain variation of Tokyo without a clue how to speak the native language... though for some reason she keeps having giant brested women keep trying to makeout with her at random (fireballs ensue).  In a related note, one 'not clumsy, Kuno; girl seems to have won the right to start the new age of the gods after falling on a small child and knocking her out cold
I don't get the reference here, unless it's supposed to be Ranma... I don't think they really look all that much alike, and usually the girs only want to make out with him in male form. As for Lina's self-image problems, her bust is only small compared to Naga (who is at least a couple years older than the 16ish Lina) early-bloomer Amelia who it's strongly hinted her older sister is in fact disgiused as Naga and hence has similar genetic blessings, and M-something the even-more-Naga-than-Naga character from later TV seasons; or even more specifically those giant shoulderpads Lina tends to wear. In the few scenes where she dresses more casually she looks like a normal teenager.

What would be some other places it would be funny to drop her? I've seen DADA professor at Hogwarts, and HP's grandmother for that matter, and am currently reading Blood The Flows that has her as Nanoha's mother... having her pop up in Halkegenia in time to be one of the mercenaries hired by Foquet to disrupt the letter mission (and turn it down on learning she'd be atttacking a couple of kids, but follow sicne this is looking suspiscoipusly like banditry and if there's one thing bandits are good for it's a supply of local currency, as long as you get them when they're in the act so your use of highly explosive magic is justifiable to those moaning wet blanket town guards) would lead to an amuzing amount of pyrotechnics after meeting Louise. It would take some skilled writing to balance out, but I'd also like to see her somewhere wildly off-genre, like the Launch Day invasion in original Macross, or the Harringtonverse circa one of the ground actions. The difficulty involved is what makes those two Should Not Be's, because it's so unlikely to come together even with a skilled writer.

For really serious levels of Wrong, you'd have to go to something otherwise relentlessly hard-realism like the Jack Ryan/Rainbow 6 universe, whose author I cannot remember the name of, Sherlock Holmes, or Bertie Wooster & Jeeves. Can you imagine something written in Watson's voice as he described Holmes dealing with the mysterious appearance of a someone like her?

- CD
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
ClassicDrogn Wrote:For really serious levels of Wrong, you'd have to go to something otherwise relentlessly hard-realism like the Jack Ryan/Rainbow 6 universe, whose author I cannot remember the name of, Sherlock Holmes, or Bertie Wooster & Jeeves.
You want wrong? I'll give you wrong...

"Are you telling me that she's at least as destructive as a nuclear warhead?"

"That is the estimated level of damage that Miss Inverse is capable of producing, yes."

"Correct me if I'm wrong [size=smaller]– you always do –[/size] but I do believe there are no international treaties regarding magic."

"You are correct, Prime Minister."

"And she likes us?"

"That does appear to be an accurate statement."

"Well, then; it looks like Great Britian's star is on the rise once again. Wouldn't you say so, Sir Humphrey?'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yes_Minister]"Yes, Prime Minister."
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Thank you master! May I have another?

- CD, definitely wants Wrong
--
"Hey Kyon, I uh, I've been keeping a secret from the club... You remember that first day when I asked when I asked aliens, time travelers, sliders or espers to come to me? Well I left out a major group because I already knew about them... Come on I'm going to introduce you to the beautiful genius sorceress Lina Inverse. My Mother."

"Actually Haruhi-chan my husband isn't your biological father, the same spell that dropped me in this universe also left me pregnant. Technically your father is the being known as the Lord of Nightmares."

Necratoid

You'd think all the city nuking and god slaying would have gotten Lina her rep... but sadly no. Its actually pretty rare that people (evil or not) actually know of what she has done and give her any respect what-so-ever.  All the grunts and NPCs only know her as a list of bandit forged insults to the point that they, on screen, gleefully take turns calling her insult names to her face.  Its like some kind of Japanese gameshow for suicidal people.  Though dragon spooker title is actually from when a literal army of smaller dragons took one look at her attempted to sidle off in raw terror.  Like the black dragon in the first episode... minor dragons see her aura as challenge rating 'pray to your gods and hope they can stall her in combat long enough for you to flee in blind terror'.  Their human commandeers didn't even blink and yelled at them in annoyed confusion.  I don't think the peons and peasants have a clue why she has that name and all indications are, to me at least, they think they are calling her ugly... to her face.  As a group sport.  Taunting the Epic level spell caster just to wind her up is not a safe or smart at all.  I have to wonder if any of them can actually read.
'Beanpole' is likely a name that is from bandit insults from when she started out at age 10.  I'm convinced that the reason she wears the cape and paldrons thing is because she can kind of deal with those insults fairly well.   If she doesn't she'd get all kinds of monking comments about her selling parts of herself that are not for sale.
---
CD the reference is Sekirei... its a tournament harem series where the game master has basically a (insert a list of terms that mean a jerk to comic levels (I mean to the point people keep complaining that no one has assassinated him on principle yet and some characters would really, really like him dead, but can't get in range)) and effectively unlimited reasources.  He managed to find a crashed colony ship and built a company of with tech decades ahead of his time.. he awoke and altered the crew to be more human compatable (some Sekerei got completely screwed over by tinkering and they never fixed them.)
The species has a built in feature to imprint on someone and this largely involves getting turned on/fixating on them and attempting to kiss them... though the kissing part is all that is technically required meaning some people have collected harems by force.  Once bonded its for life apparently.. and the bonded die the bonded Sekerie go down with them.  As this is a long term project this leaves a two decade age spread.  The youngest of which is Kusano who is like 7 (in series to someone she conciders a big brother).  Each Sekerie gets a super human/magic ability some with weapons, others with elemental effects.  Kusano is plant control to worshipable as a godess levels.  She is also like 7 and easily distracted.  They get a power up once bonded and another kiss gives the a temporary super move state.  There are 108 of them as this was how many were on the ship (only one was an adult lots were embryos.)  To take one down its a severe beating till their body shuts down or touching their cast mark/tatoo thing and chanting their power up spell chant which shuts them down.
Lets just say half the species will attempt to claim/be claimed by her by instinct.. and most of the rest will mistake her for one that is competion.... as opposition in the tournament or someone will try to claim her thinking she is a Sekerei.  Hence the doesn't speak the local language thing.  Kuno is a member of the species that rolled normal girl (or worse stats with a self destructive disabling song power and low stat points that are low) and basically everyone else rolled between Nerima level flavor of the week cameo and demigod.  Seriously... the main character and group spent 5 minutes with Kuno and bonded and decided not helping her flee was criminal at best.  They later blow others that want out as self serving idiots.
---
More new on topic stuff:  ---
Follow Steve Irwin as he documents suicidal creatures of the world and their complete and utter lack self preservation instinct when encounter a super predator.  Lina has no clue who he is, but as he isn't bothering her and is saving her effort mauling stupid people he is safe from her admitting that he actually exists.  So she pretends she doesn't see him and that the peasants are delusional.
Jorlem Wrote:
Bob Schroeck Wrote:
Yes, but not in real time!
-- Bob
---------
Darwithe Wrote: "Actually Haruhi-chan my husband isn't your biological father, the same spell that dropped me in this universe also left me pregnant. Technically your father is the being known as the Lord of Nightmares."
And Kyon facepalms, saying, "Why isn't this a surprise?"
-- Bob
---------
Apokéture Science: http://loldwell.com/?p=1392
-----
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.
We've switched The Dominion (DS9) with the Dominion of the Draka. Let's see if anyone notices.
We've put Lina Inverse and the Lovely Angels on opposing sides in a Warhammer 40K universe. Let's see who notices...
Duane Peters Wrote:We've put Lina Inverse and the Lovely Angels on opposing sides in a Warhammer 40K universe. Let's see who notices...
Average Orkish Reply: "Dis best party EVER."
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.

Stoner movies meet the Discworld in Dude, Where's My Cow?

We've secretly replaced Yuya from Super GALS! with Yuya from Risky Safety, and vice-versa. Let's see who doesn't notice.
--
Rob Kelk

Stoner movies meet Stoner weapons.

Bob Howard starring in Dude, Where's My Cthulhu?
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Bob Schroeck Wrote:
Jorlem Wrote:
Bob Schroeck Wrote:Oh, great, just what Doug needs -- crowdsourced power selection.
Yes, but not in real time!
You gotta admit, Bob, it would have the tactical advantage of being entirely unpredictable.  Smile
Fenspace meets Avatar (the bender one), in The Legend of Kohran
--
Rob Kelk

Wierd Al/Oscar Meyer/MLP: My Little Bologna

For extra evil, use cousin Micheal to obtain the meat.

- CD
--

RomanFanboy

Re: 91

'Best party ever' or 'best party EVA'?

Re: 93

On that day I could only think of 'The Thin Hempen Line or "Dude." "Where is my portable Class 5 Automated Gallows?" (With multiple, so to speak, lines of assembly.)'

Because torture is perfectly useful if all you want is to find where something was left, you have someone who knows where it is, and you don't need to keep that person around for the long term.

Re: 94

The downside of doing it that way is that sooner or later, somebody is going to put Sangnoir in a Psycho Gundam.
The Traveller game and Star Wars, with the wretched Hivers of scum and villainy...
--
Rob Kelk

I'm scared...
[Image: shaveevangelion.jpg]
Full Size
Edited with Imageshack hosting.
-----
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12