Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Crossovers That Should Not Be XIV: A Heavy Crossover to Bear
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
that access denied is terrifying..
"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies

SCM Writer of 2814

Mel Brooks meets medical gorn in Young Franken Fran...

We have replaced Skulduggery Pleasant with Bob from the Dresden Files. Let's see what happens...
--------------------------------------
I am the LORD OF THE CRACK!
Check out said crack:
Takamachi Nanoha of 2814- Green Lantern Nanoha. To START! Now with a TvTropes page!
FATE/Holy Grail War of 2814- The Fifth Holy Grail War with Magical Girl Prisma Illya, in the DCAU, from the above story.
Magical Girl Magistra Erebea Molly- the world's first Dresden Files/TvTropes Crossover.
VENGEANCE! The Musical! The Story of Uchiha Sasuke
Quote:that access denied is terrifying..
But the popups are infuriating.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Bob Schroeck Wrote:
Quote:that access denied is terrifying..
But the popups are infuriating.
Is it still not working? 
-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.

RomanFanboy

Those Who Shave Angels: introducing the new six bladed progressive safety razor.
... Damn it Japan! I was better off with the gone-when-i-turn-my-head tentacles!

- CD, anything that makes Gendo smile like that, I want to be far, far away from....
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
ClassicDrogn Wrote:... Damn it Japan! I was better off with the gone-when-i-turn-my-head tentacles!
- CD, anything that makes Gendo smile like that, I want to be far, far away from....
Nah. It just means that all his obssessive craziness was in his beard. Or that the anti-psychotics in the shaving cream have taken effect.

Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."
Ebony Wrote:
ClassicDrogn Wrote:... Damn it Japan! I was better off with the gone-when-i-turn-my-head tentacles!
Nah. It just means that all his obssessive craziness was in his beard. Or that the anti-psychotics in the shaving cream have taken effect.

What do you mean, "shaving cream"? Wasn't that LCL?
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Quote:robkelk wrote:

Quote:Ebony wrote:

Quote:ClassicDrogn wrote:

... Damn it Japan! I was better off with the gone-when-i-turn-my-head tentacles!

What do you mean, "shaving cream"? Wasn't that LCL?
Well, if it is, then yes, we should probably be afraid that Gendo is smiling. If it's just shaving cream (or possibly shaving gel), then I think we're safe. It's just the drugs taking effect.
EDIT: At least until Misato shaves her legs. Then we're all doomed.
Ebony the Black Dragon

Necratoid

Judging by Rei's face that add is from the alt world of episodes 25-26 or something... actually probably Asuka's alt world were Kaji lives and Gendo's beard dies.
Necratoid Wrote:Judging by Rei's face that add is from the alt world of episodes 25-26 or something... actually probably Asuka's alt world were Kaji lives and Gendo's beard dies.
No, this is from http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interes ... t-streamed]some brand-new animation...
--
Rob Kelk

RomanFanboy

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I think you are over reacting and or making incorrect assumptions.

1) I generally feel better when I am clean shaven. (But correlation does not prove causation.)

2) These people are obviously happy purely from the quality of their shaving experience.

3) Yes, I guess this does include the girls. No, I don't care to think about that.

4) There are many varieties of LCL across fanfic. I figure at least one of them must be useful as a really good shaving lubricant. Also, others for other personal purposes that I don't care to think about.

5) If I am a good model for Gendo Ikari, I can think of at least one thing to make him smile like that might not be all that offensive to experience.

a) Go to the reading room of the Miskatonic University Library.

b) Read, cover to cover, a particular biography of Mao Zedong. If need be, get the copy in the special collection with the Krummerman and Sheng glosses.

c) Fail the roll to disbelieve.

d) Check yourself into Arkham to help recover.

e) Recover, with or without the help of The Batman.

f) Realize, that as Mao took over entirely around 1950, and died in the mid 1970s, and this is 2012 at the earliest, even if you live in the People's Republic of China, it isn't the People's Republic of China as ruled by a living Mao Zedong.

g) If you are anything like me, or Gendo Ikari, this will make you more than that happy, all other things being the same.

h) This isn't anything too uncomfortable, as long as you are not a wimp with your reading material, unwilling to understand uncomfortable things, or in need of help when recovering SAN loss. (Because being institutionalized would be annoying.)

'Ritsuko Akagi, the truth is, I really do not like Mao Zedong.'

'Heh. You liar.'

BAAM

6) More seriously, there are a lot of things, not really objectionable to anybody, that would make anybody that happy. Like a really enjoyable shave. Smile

7) I, personally, would not care for the described shaving experience. I consider a a shaving method as I would a tool. I prefer that tools do the job well, with the minimum of fuss, attention, and bother. If something is very much enjoyable in of itself, it entirely defeats this quality of being a good tool.

8) Gendo being clean shaven makes him totally better, like the Romans who we got the clean shaven mores from.

a) The Romans are great, and their greatness should be imitated.

b) Shaving was one of the few personal habits of the Romans that wasn't vile.

c) Safety razors are totally better than whatever it is that the Romans used.

d) Still, I probably wouldn't care for whatever fancy kind Schick is trying to sell here. I prefer the cheaper ones, and bar handsoap or plain water is less of a hassle than cream or gel.

9) I wanna go shave.

If I didn't manage to hit somebody's 'Should Not Be' reaction yet, well, we've secretly replaced your shaving or other personal lubricant of choice with LCL from Sic Semper Morituri. Let's see if you notice.

Note that LCL from Sic Semper Morituri is a fairly hazardous substance, and it says something about somebody when they don't die on contact.

Not a fanfic crossover, but I'd say that a diesel-electric shaver would be one of those devices that is very unlikely to be worth engineering.

We've secretly switched Carus from Drake's Lord of the Isles with Yami from Yu-gi-oh. Let's watch both worlds fall into screaming madness when both prove inadequate substitutes for the other.

CattyNebulart

It's a commonly held axiom that everything can be improved be adding more chainsaws. Therefore Gendo is clearly smiling because he replaced the blades of your razor with chainsaws.
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
B: "Have you forgotten so soon? They're phasing out Don't Ask, Don't Tell."
Okay, if the idea can generate this much discussion, it obviously isn't a "Should Not Be"...

"Neon Genesis Schick" now has its own thread, where it won't monopolize this one.
--
Rob Kelk

Lina Inverse didn't have all those nicknames at first. Bandit Slayer? Yes. That's what she does. Flat chest? She was 10 or 11 when she left home and started hunting bandits. Naga just added to the problem later. As to the natural enemy of all who live and girl who leves destruciton and chaos in her wake wherever she goes? Those came about when she was being followed around by Naga and Lina was doing her best to get rid of her.

Lina belongs to the Lord of Nightmares and those power rings will find themselves destroyed if they try to claim her. When the ghost of Ruby-Eye in the Slayers Evolution-R manga tried to posses her, it's mind was destroyed and Lina realized that she is pretty much owned by LoN.

Back on topic.

Just by itself:

Haiyore! Nyaruko

Nyaruko meets Nanoha

Nyaruko decides to pursue Shinji Ikari. I really pity the angels

I still want to know what Douglas Sangnoir would think about Mahiro threatening Nyaruko...with a fork.
--------------------
Tom Mathews aka Disruptor

SCM Writer of 2814

Haiyore! Nyaruko versus Song of Saya!
--------------------------------------
I am the LORD OF THE CRACK!
Check out said crack:
Takamachi Nanoha of 2814- Green Lantern Nanoha. To START! Now with a TvTropes page!
FATE/Holy Grail War of 2814- The Fifth Holy Grail War with Magical Girl Prisma Illya, in the DCAU, from the above story.
Magical Girl Magistra Erebea Molly- the world's first Dresden Files/TvTropes Crossover.
VENGEANCE! The Musical! The Story of Uchiha Sasuke
Quote:As the troll slowly glanced around the girls' room, confusion plain on its ugly green face, Harry and Ron tackled Hermione and slid across the water-slick tile into one of the intact stalls.

"What do we do now?" Ron squeaked as Hermione simply hyperventilated. Harry said nothing, a grim expression in his eyes as the drew his wand.

For several long seconds nothing happened, much to their surprise.

Then there came from outside the stall a not-unpleasant male voice, laced with a slightly stronger version of Professor McGonnagal's faint Scots brogue. "Sorry, didn't mean to scare you kids. I'm just a little lost. Would any of you three know how to get to Far Far Away from here?" The trio pressed themselves against the wall behind them as a huge green hand clamped itself over the top edge of the stall door and slowly pulled it open, revealing the troll's improbably gentle eyes. "Or at least out of this building, whatever it is?" He smiled, and to their surprise it was not nearly as terrifying a sight as they'd been expecting. "Oh, yeah, my name is Shrek. And you are...?"
Oh yes, troll in the castle indeed. But a slight miscalculation on Quirrelmort's part.
-- Bob
---------
Oh no. Not a troll. An ogre. (And not the super-tank, either. Wink
blackaeronaut Wrote:Oh no. Not a troll. An ogre. (And not the super-tank, either. Wink
Oh yeah, I know (how can I not? We share a name)... but will three eleven-year-olds (two raised by muggles, the third overprotected) really know the difference until they're told?
-- Bob
---------
Bob Schroeck Wrote:
blackaeronaut Wrote:Oh no. Not a troll. An ogre. (And not the super-tank, either. Wink
Oh yeah, I know (how can I not? We share a name)... but will three eleven-year-olds (two raised by muggles, the third overprotected) really know the difference until they're told?
It never pays to underestimate the ability of children to know seeming useless trivia.  Seriously, ask a boy that age to describe as many dinosaurs as he can...
-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.
Bob Schroeck Wrote:
Given Hermione quoting chapter and verse from the textbooks from the first page she was introduced, she might. Now, a talking donkey might throw her for a loop.

Ebony the Black Dragon

The Fateless One(Kingdoms of Amalur) meets Neji Hyuuga
--------------------
Tom Mathews aka Disruptor
I'm sure this has occurred to someone before, but I haven't seen it here. Inspired by glancing at the tabloid shelf in the supermarket and skimming headlines...
Will & Kate + Eight
-----

Will the transhumanist future have catgirls? Does Japan still exist? Well, there is your answer.

RomanFanboy

Re: 117

I initially misparsed the reference.

http://www.baenebooks.com...he-apocalypse-troll.aspx

http://baencd.thefifthimp...alypse%20Troll/index.htm

compared to the OGRE that I think SJ Games did.

However, my thinking is more towards a different definition of troll, and a likewise should not be crossover from the same author.

'My name is Wencit of Rum, and by my paramount authority as Lord of the Council of Ottovar I judge thee guilty of offense against the Strictures. Wouldst thou defend thyselves, or must I slay thee where thous standest?'

The strictures are very stringent, and I think they tend to make for bad crossovers between Wencit and most other magic using series. As an aside, War Maiden's Choice is available since I've last mentioned Bahzell.

The new Eyrie bit brings another notion to mind.

Bruce Wayne notices a secret illegal deal going down. To silence him, he is fed an experimental poison and left for dead. Rather than killing him, it turns him into a six year old. Now, he hides in a new identity, and plots to bring the Black Organization to justice. Detective Batman (Detective Conan, Batman)

As an aside, it seems fairly obvious that Subaru is really a woman now. (Note that the oft concealed neck has no Adam's apple.) Suppose that this is really Tsukino Usagi hiding out from destiny.

Sirrocco

Robin Hood: Prince of Thebes
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12