| Welcome, Guest |
You have to register before you can post on our site.
|
| Online Users |
There are currently 1632 online users. » 0 Member(s) | 1630 Guest(s) Applebot, Bing
|
| Latest Threads |
Fic Update Thread 64: Wil...
Forum: Other People's Fanfiction
Last Post: Shepherd
1 hour ago
» Replies: 30
» Views: 866
|
Crossovers That Should No...
Forum: Other People's Fanfiction
Last Post: robkelk
5 hours ago
» Replies: 61
» Views: 7,560
|
The Dead Dove Locker -- "...
Forum: Other People's Fanfiction
Last Post: Mamorien
5 hours ago
» Replies: 196
» Views: 43,849
|
Image dump thread XXXII
Forum: General Chatter
Last Post: Norgarth
7 hours ago
» Replies: 110
» Views: 10,411
|
Fourth Oddities Spotted i...
Forum: General Chatter
Last Post: Shepherd
7 hours ago
» Replies: 64
» Views: 8,440
|
Meanwhile, in Canada...
Forum: Politics and Other Fun
Last Post: robkelk
Today, 07:25 AM
» Replies: 57
» Views: 12,061
|
Crossovers that should be...
Forum: Other People's Fanfiction
Last Post: Norgarth
Yesterday, 08:23 AM
» Replies: 253
» Views: 80,609
|
Political Images thread t...
Forum: Politics and Other Fun
Last Post: Norgarth
Yesterday, 08:13 AM
» Replies: 263
» Views: 43,821
|
Typo-swatting
Forum: Other People's Fanfiction
Last Post: drakensis
Yesterday, 02:50 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 68
|
Dearly Departed of 2026
Forum: General Chatter
Last Post: Norgarth
10-03-2026, 11:14 PM
» Replies: 84
» Views: 12,561
|
|
|
| ADOP Beta Request |
|
Posted by: Seraviel - 01-31-2015, 04:38 AM - Forum: Other People's Fanfiction
- Replies (13)
|
 |
Since I seem to have fans here, anybody interested in Betaing the next chapter of ADOP?
-People may die, but ideas are forever. Je suis Charlie.
|
|
|
| Birthday Girl |
|
Posted by: DHBirr - 01-31-2015, 04:08 AM - Forum: General Chatter
- Replies (1)
|
 |
I would like to wish Mizunashi Akari-san, born 30 January 2286, a very happy birthday. Due to her personality, she'll have happiness even without my good wishes, but still....
-----
Big Brother is watching you. And damn, you are so bloody BORING.
|
|
|
| Specialized on-line encyclopedias? |
|
Posted by: robkelk - 01-30-2015, 02:39 AM - Forum: General Chatter
- No Replies
|
 |
We all know about the general encyclopedias and wikis, but how many good-quality specialized reference works are out there?
I'm asking because I learned about a very specialized one today: http://www.parli.ca/]Parli, the online encyclopedia of Canadian political terms.
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."
- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
|
|
|
| Bubblegum Crisis Fansite.... |
|
Posted by: Dartz - 01-29-2015, 01:49 AM - Forum: Other People's Fanfiction
- Replies (4)
|
 |
Found and recovered from the depths of the internet.
Yours Truly, 2032
Done the old fashioned way. Off a home computer with an internet connection. And sure so it looks like it. But, for the time being, it seems to work. I have no idea how long it'll remain that way, and I'll have to get to work on cleaning up and updating it..... but for the time being, there's at least one more Bubblegum Crisis fansite in the world.
EDIT: And I'll be amazed if it hasn't fallen over again in the morning
________________________________
--m(^0^)m-- Wot, no sig?
|
|
|
| Okay, this is just silly, but I have to share it... |
|
Posted by: Bob Schroeck - 01-28-2015, 10:50 PM - Forum: General Chatter
- Replies (5)
|
 |
... with people who would appreciate it.
On my way to a Panera to get my lunch about two hours ago, I walked by a gourmet grocery that had a sign out on the sidewalk, the kind with the plastic letters you put into the message you want. And either because of carelessness, or because of someone with a sense of humor similar to mine, it read "CALL US TO PLAN YOUR SUPERB OWL PARTY".
And gods help me, all I could think of was walking in and saying to someone behind a counter, "I have this barn owl that I think is really fantastic, and I'd like to throw a big shindig in its honor..."
(And then running like hell, of course, as fast as my 52-year-old knees would let me.)
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
|
|
|
|