Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Sleeping with the Girls
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Kurisu

Update
_____
DEATH is Certain. The hour, Uncertain...
Ooooh MAN! Fraggin' month-long wait for cliff-hanger resolution!

paladindythe

And now we have it. Whee! (Ritalin!)
Yeah, I snerked when I saw that one. Awesome. (^_^)

Kurisu

Update
_____
DEATH is Certain. The hour, Uncertain...

AdmiralTigerclaw

What was that sound?

Welcome to GP Aerospace Academy.  I will be your instructor.
Please read the course silybus...  You will need to know the basics of flight,
and orbital mechanics before we can continue.

paladindythe

So you did make you way over here. Tongue
Nice video... but following the "related" links I came across this.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

AdmiralTigerclaw

Of course you would. That's my scrap video account. (I have two Youtube accounts. One is Samurai Penguin Studios. Where I put the stuff I do myself. The other is my scrap account where I put stuff like that vid that like to pick up youtube's third-party copyright warnings.)
Ah yes, fun stuff. (^_^)

One of these days I'm gonna have to download something to twiddle around with and make some music of my own. What do you recommend?

AdmiralTigerclaw

I reccomend purchasing REASON for the $300-$400 it costs.

...And then putting six years into it and get some experience and coaching by proffessionals like my uncle.

Then you can make awesome tracks like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLyJR3LhjjY

(Which mind you, I went for the 'Usagi's Music Box' feel.)

And

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbv0dAL0-2Y

(If you have questions on that, just ask.)
Yeeek. If that's the case, I'll just go to school for it and put my MGIB to work for me.... although I'm already gonna have Aeronautical Engineering and Japanese Studies on my plate... wonder if I'd be able to fit one more courseload in...

AdmiralTigerclaw

I put in six years of 'fool around with it' work, with pro sound engineering tips from my uncle.
Here's some shots of what Reason looks like:
http://img.photobucket.co...miraltigerclaw/CSeq3.jpg
http://img.photobucket.co...miraltigerclaw/CSeq2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.co...dmiraltigerclaw/CSeq.jpg
It's a typical midi-interface program with a virtualized version of a pro audio sound rack.
Oh, and maybe I shouldof course, providethe imfamous 'Asteroid Mine' track, used in 'And Dirty Laundry'.

I suggest high def mode.
*Bows to the master* That is an awesome track. It gives the perfect feeling of one of those plan-prepare-build-succeed montages.

Anyhow, I'd love to pursue this, but I honestly can't afford software at that price. I'm just a poor ex-sailor, you know. (^_^)

At this time, I'm just kinda scraping by on what money I have left and I'm gonna be getting a part time job as soon as I get back to Texas (right now: in Baltimore helping my folks get ready to move to Texas as well - gonna be nice to have the whole family back together again). Fortunately, I've had enough left over to invest in a good vehicle, so it won't be impossible for me.

Honestly, I think that I will go ahead and have a look at UT's music program, and maybe even see what I can snag for creative writing. I may be an engineer at heart, but I also like to use the other side of my brain pretty regularly, too. Wink
*wanders through, looks at Reason, looks at his iPad*

So that's what iOS Garageband wants to be when it grows up.
There's plenty of cheaper Digital Audio Workstations, but ... you get what you pay for.

That said, I was actually able to put together a decent karaoke track for Dare to be Stupid.... I just didn't quite have the knowhow at the time before my trials expired to tie a Vocaloid a capella to it without overpowering the voice with the synth backing.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

paladindythe

Well, there's Ableton Live Intro for about $100...

AdmiralTigerclaw

blackaeronaut Wrote:*Bows to the master* That is an awesome track. It gives the perfect feeling of one of those plan-prepare-build-succeed montages.
Anyhow, I'd love to pursue this, but I honestly can't afford software at that price. I'm just a poor ex-sailor, you know. (^_^)
At this time, I'm just kinda scraping by on what money I have left and I'm gonna be getting a part time job as soon as I get back to Texas (right now: in Baltimore helping my folks get ready to move to Texas as well - gonna be nice to have the whole family back together again). Fortunately, I've had enough left over to invest in a good vehicle, so it won't be impossible for me.
Honestly, I think that I will go ahead and have a look at UT's music program, and maybe even see what I can snag for creative writing. I may be an engineer at heart, but I also like to use the other side of my brain pretty regularly, too. Wink
Well when you get down here, give me a scream.  I'm local to Austin, and my Aunt works at UT.  Me, I just started ITT Tech.

HoagieOfDoom

Rod H Wrote:*wanders through, looks at Reason, looks at his iPad*

So that's what iOS Garageband wants to be when it grows up.
You should see what it looks like after he hits the Tab key. Oodles and oodles of re-routable patch cables.

I love Reason's synth/sampler racks, but getting an audio source into there is a real pain in the rear (though I haven't checked out the recently released Record plug-in yet). Ableton is a nice program, and for such a cheap DAW Reaper is downright amazing. Now if only I could get all my gear to communicate with one another...
Admiral, I'll be more than happy to get together with you sometime just to hang-out. Heck, you might even get a kick out of my current project... not that I'd impose or anything. Wink But anyhow, I actually used to live in Austin (once in Pflugerville and then in the southern suburbs). I even went to David Crockett HS, and Sixth Street was one of my favorite places to hang-out. How's Leslie doing these days? Wink

Also, I'll take a look at Ableton and Reaper. At prices that low, it'll be worth it just to play around with.

AdmiralTigerclaw

I'm not up to date on in-town events. But I recall that Leslie ended up hospitalized over something. Can't remember what... That was like, over a year ago.
EDIT: Ah... It was in 09.  He'd been attacked it seems.  Seems to be fine now.
Gotta love the obscure stuff you can find on Wikipedia.

AdmiralTigerclaw

Just an FYI, I'm not dead, just really, really busy right now.

Chapter's still moving and hasn't stalled though.
Glad to hear that, Admiral. Be great to see more of the Misadventures of Hero Protagonist. Smile
Yes, thank you for keeping us informed.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

AdmiralTigerclaw

Got that update for you.

http://antarcticshrine.bl...s-volume-ii-chapter.html
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13