Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Sleeping with the Girls
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Then whether Motoko comes along or not depends on what his supersuit is set to when he drifts off, I guess...
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

HoagieOfDoom

Word of God on the SB forums said that there was a mass limit on what could jump with him, which was why Tre didn't jump along the ride when she decked him.
HoagieOfDoom Wrote:Word of God on the SB forums said that there was a mass limit on what could jump with him, which was why Tre didn't jump along the ride when she decked him.
Darn it. I had thought that he had been knocked away from her by the punch before actually falling completely unconscious, and that's why she didn't come. I guess that kills our hopes of Motoko coming along then? (Though a combat cyborg likely masses quite a bit more than a baseline human, so there's still a chance)
-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.

HoagieOfDoom

True, he didn't specify how MUCH mass was too much, or if it was judged individually or collectively amongst the "travellers". And while it would be fun for Motoko to tag along, I hope she doesn't because Quattro could completely destroy her.
HoagieOfDoom Wrote:True, he didn't specify how MUCH mass was too much, or if it was judged individually or collectively amongst the "travellers". And while it would be fun for Motoko to tag along, I hope she doesn't because Quattro could completely destroy her.

she could always hitch a ride in the portable hole, but that requires careful planning at every juncture...
-Z, Post-reader at Medium
----
If architects built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization.
HoagieOfDoom Wrote:True, he didn't specify how MUCH mass was too much, or if it was judged individually or collectively amongst the "travellers". And while it would be fun for Motoko to tag along, I hope she doesn't because Quattro could completely destroy her.
That's only if Makoto doesn't exorcise the evil out of Quatro first.  Besides, I don't think Jail would permit it.  She'd make too interesting of a specimin.  The ability to exorcise 'evil' while leaving everything else unharmed is a unique ability to the Nanoha-verse.
As mentioned, she could hitch a ride in the hole.
blackaeronaut Wrote:
That's only if Makoto doesn't exorcise the evil out of Quatro first.  Besides, I don't think Jail would permit it.  She'd make too interesting of a specimin.  The ability to exorcise 'evil' while leaving everything else unharmed is a unique ability to the Nanoha-verse.
Sailor Moon can do it, too (see the Black Moon arc in Sailor Moon R). However, in both cases the person has to want to be "exorcised"... which I very much doubt applies to Numbers 1-5.
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Eh. If nothing else, she can use her old stand-by, which would probably be very effective on Quatro even if she was phased.
Phased? I thought Quattro's power was illusions, and Sein could phase through things.
-----
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.
Really? Lemme check...

Okay, you're right. Even so, I figure that once Makoto hits her stride it'd probably take at least two or three of the Numbers to take her down - at least as long as she's using her head.

Another thing to remember: Makoto may only have a couple of tricks in her bag, but then so do the Numbers as well.

Oh, and I wouldn't put it past the combination of the Alien Space Bats and Love Hina's Rule of Funny to somehow Murphy Hiro Protagonist into taking Makoto with him. After all, it happened to Luna and Senbei. Wink
For some reason this hasn't clicked before, but isn't Hiro Protagonist the name of the main character in Snow Crash?
-----
Jorlem Wrote:For some reason this hasn't clicked before, but isn't Hiro Protagonist the name of the main character in Snow Crash?

It is. They've been using it as a placeholder name, one more genre fitting than John Doe. Mainly in an attempt to prevent confusion, y'know like what sometimes people have with RL-Gryphon & UF-Gryphon.

HoagieOfDoom

Blackaeronaut Wrote:Okay, you're right. Even so, I figure that once Makoto hits her stride it'd probably take at least two or three of the Numbers to take her down - at least as long as she's using her head.

Another thing to remember: Makoto may only have a couple of tricks in her bag, but then so do the Numbers as well.

Thing is, Quattro wouldn't fight Motoko mano a mano; her style is psychological manipulation reinforced by illusions. And when you consider how many issues eMotoko has, she's ripe for the picking.
HoagieOfDoom Wrote:
Blackaeronaut Wrote:Okay, you're right. Even so, I figure that once Makoto hits her stride it'd probably take at least two or three of the Numbers to take her down - at least as long as she's using her head.

Thing is, Quattro wouldn't fight Motoko mano a mano; her style is psychological manipulation reinforced by illusions. And when you consider how many issues Motoko has, she's ripe for the picking.
Assuming she can find out what Mokoto's issues are.  Odds are she'd have a pretty difficult time doing the necessary research.
-----

HoagieOfDoom

True. But she strikes me as a lot like the Scorpion in Legend of the Five Rings in being able to ferret out your weaknesses via simple conversation. It has been a while since I watched StrikerS, so I could be remembering her wrong.
Hiro Protagonist would be careful to advise her to not talk to the Numbers at all, esepcially some of the more oily ones like Quatro.
Hmm, some SBer's are wanting to become crew on the Cradle, WoG is "Hell no!" still no-one's mentioned the best probably SB-sourced crew-member would be Ed Becerra.

....er on second thought, perhaps not for then we'll miss out on ever possibly seeing any more of Legion's Quest/Walk & Fragmentations and he'll get to meet some people that he probably shouldn't like: Hild, Washu, Kaolla Su, Washu, Himself, Nanoha, Skuld, Washu, Ritsuko Akagi, and did I mention Washu.

Whoever from here that can post on SB, feel free to post this in the appropriate thread.

--Rod.H
"I hope I emphasised Washu enough, although Hild probably needed the same amount."
Wha? Crew? Cradle? You lost me.
The Saint's Cradle, a big transdimentional Belkan spaceship features in Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha Strikers, Jail Scaglietti & the Numbers took over. Its the setting for one of the reasons not to mess with Nanoha Takamachi.

Some of the Spacebattlers are wanting to become crew on it presuming Walker can get it to constantly follow him home.
Okay, now that I have at least some context (seen strikers already)...

Have I missed about ten chapters or is this what he's planning out over in SB?
Rod H Wrote:The Saint's Cradle, a big transdimentional Belkan spaceship features in Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha Strikers, Jail Scaglietti & the Numbers took over. Its the setting for one of the reasons not to mess with Nanoha Takamachi.
And that particular reason is the climax to the entire series... Major Spoiler there, dude.
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
blackaeronaut Wrote:Okay, now that I have at least some context (seen strikers already)...

Have I missed about ten chapters or is this what he's planning out over in SB?

It's what he's planning over at SB and apparently something he's put quite some thought to with flowcharts of the Cradle's systems, possible locations of reactors, etc. We're not due to see it for a few chapters but they wanna see some Grand Theft Starship and some Kzinti Lessionage!
Heh, I thought that clip is an out of context CMoA, not like it....still what I wrote suggests that a fair bit of GTS occurs in that series. It's bad enough that peeps want Walker to claim it for Earth, Jurai, The Galactic Federation, & SpaceBattles.com and not let TSAB get access to the Cradle. I believe he's planning to use it to fix the Negaverse problem first, presuming the t/d drive still works.

--Rod.H
When you can understand Wisky-08's posts have you lurked too much?

Herr Bad Moon

Rod H Wrote:Some of the Spacebattlers are wanting to become crew on it presuming Walker can get it to constantly follow him home.

I am suddenly much less interested in reading this fic.
---
Jon
"And that must have caused my dad's brain to break in half, replaced by a purely mechanical engine of revenge!"
Herr Bad Moon Wrote:
Rod H Wrote:Some of the Spacebattlers are wanting to become crew on it presuming Walker can get it to constantly follow him home.
I am suddenly much less interested in reading this fic.
That's purely conjecture at this point in time.  From what I have seen of Hiro Protagonist he may use the cradle to fix the mess he is in... and then set the sucker to self-destruct once he gets back home.
Though I bet Washu will figure out some way of maintaining contact with him.  If nothing more than just shits and giggles.  Wink
Besides, who wouldn't want an interdimensional penpal?
www.fanfiction.net/s/6052381/12/Sleepin ... aos_Theory
Update
----------------------------------------------------

"Anyone can be a winner if their definition of victory is flexible enough." - The DM of the Rings XXXV
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13