Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Sleeping with the Girls
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
GYAAAAHHHHH! Cliffhanger!
Quote:Paranoia does cripple resolve, and ruins self-confidence. That leads to indecision. Indecision leads to hesitation. Hesitation leads to pain, and hurting, and death.
When reading this line, did anyone else think "Yoda?"
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Kurisu

Heh... Cue Frank Oz puppet voice:

"My shoes, you think, can fit in?"
_____
DEATH is Certain. The hour, Uncertain...
I was thinking of the mantra about fear from Dune.

Kurisu

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me."

That one?
_____
Yep. That's the one. And upon further reflection, I'd say that it's the mutant offspiring of the two mantras. Wink

Kurisu

Update
_____
Bwa? Okay, I've watched Love Hina, but I'm drawing a blank here.

And also, why do I get the sneaking suspicion that he's about to turn the System in on itself?
Likewise. All I can think of is Haruka's (mostly secret) history with Seta and Sarah's parents -- and that varies by whether it's the anime or the manga.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
He may be bluffing, at least partially.  However, this seems like a bad idea.  He himself pointed out that this setting tends to uncover deception.  If he does have actual dirt on Haruka, giving her legitimate grounds for a grudge does not seem like an improvement on his current situation.
However, it has already been established that Hiro Protagonist tends to go for the Crazy Awesome when he runs out of options, though the last time around he didn't start up with that until he was much more sleep deprived.
----------
No, I don't believe the world has gone mad.  In order for it to go mad it would need to have been sane at some point.
Deadpan29 Wrote:However, it has already been established that Hiro Protagonist tends to go for the Crazy Awesome when he runs out of options, though the last time around he didn't start up with that until he was much more sleep deprived.
he may have decided to Skip To The End while he was still awake enough to a) see the scheme through to the end and b) not have to think of a patch on the fly while half-asleep...
-Z, Post-reader at Medium
----
If architects built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization.

Kurisu

"RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE!!!!"
_____
Did he give back the tanto, or trade it for the beam sword?
-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.
Gave it back I think. After all, if he doesn't need a beam sword, a knife whose special properties he can't even access at all isn't very useful. And it had sentimental value for Motoko.
--
If you become a monster to put down a monster you've still got a monster running around at the end of the day and have as such not really solved the whole monster problem at all. 
I was kinda hoping it would end up with Rei in the end, but oh well.
-----
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.
Given the way events turned out, I feel like the convention for this setting is less "Plans will fail" than "Things which cause more chaos are more likely to happen."

Also, I've kind of lost track, has he still got any sort of regen-boosting effect?

-Morgan.

Kurisu

Yes, but it still hurts and he's gonna need A LOT of water.
_____

Kurisu

The Next Chapter
_____
Kurisu Wrote:%[link=http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6052381/11/Sleeping_With_The_Girls_Vol_II_Chaos_Theory]The Next Chapter]
You've somehow managed to nest two HREF tags there, Kurisu... We're being sent to the innermost one, http:///

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6052381/11/ ... aos_Theory]Try this link for the next chapter of the fanfic.

(Or, if you're in a more literary mood, try http://www.cbc.ca/programguide/program/the_next_chapter]The Next Chapter... )
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Kurisu

(grumble, gripe, cuss, and bitch...) I can't believe I messed that up... Thanks for correction.
_____
... That would have been kinda cool if she did tag along with him for a round.
All she has to do is be touching him when he falls asleep, right? Or does she have to be asleep too?
-----
Luna wasn't sleeping when he jumped with her the first time - in fact she was trying to wake him up! Thus, it is a distinct possibility.
She might end up coming along by accident, which would be even funnier than planning it, and given how things work in the Hinaverse...

Also, thanks for the catch with regards to Luna's first jump. I'm starting to loose track of details.
-----
I beleive it has also been suggested that pasengers for these jumps have to be small enough to be considered carry-on items, but it hasn't been confirmed.
----------
No, I don't believe the world has gone mad.  In order for it to go mad it would need to have been sane at some point.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13