Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Sleeping with the Girls
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

HoagieOfDoom

Man, Washuu's really arming him. Not that he doesn't need it, but I'm wondering... His biggest issue in the 1st loop was that the lack of sleep was severely impairing his judgment. So I have to wonder how many of these new toys are going to bite him in the ass.

HoagieOfDoom

Whoops, double post. Disregard this.
HoagieOfDoom Wrote:Man, Washuu's really arming him. Not that he doesn't need it, but I'm wondering... His biggest issue in the 1st loop was that the lack of sleep was severely impairing his judgment. So I have to wonder how many of these new toys are going to bite him in the ass.
Dunno.  He's been pretty paranoid about usage of his toys, and thus far his one great screw-up was misjudging Jail's device.

HoagieOfDoom

Yeah, but the scale is different now. Where before he had is own average, "merely human" strength, now he has access to a 16x enhancement, more than enough to punch clean through a concrete wall. His shotgun rounds are now so much deadlier than before as well, as demonstrated by the target range practice. All it would take is for him to mis-judge the the strength of the opposition, panic, and load a Goodfellow round without really thinking about it, and boom. And imagine what would happen if he forgot what strength setting his suit was on. More factors + bigger armaments = more room for error.
Dunno... he seems to know the strength of the opposition pretty well. The only exception would be that last mysterious world he stopped in before going back to the Tenchi-verse.

HoagieOfDoom

The only clue Tigerclaw would give as to the identity of the mystery-verse was that it contained "Volkswagen-sized computers", leading the SB forum to posit that it's NGE.
Hrm... Dunno. The situations seem to get progressively more dangerous as he goes along until he cycles back again. While it has its dangers, the people at NERV don't hold a candle to Jail Scaglietti and the Numbers. Although the danger level picks up considerably once an Angel shows up.

There must be other anime featuring something akin to VW-sized computers. And personally, I think the Magi were bigger - IIRC, they extended several decks below the 'top-deck.'
EDIT: *Looks at three recent posts and whaps his hand over his face*  Fer cryin' out loud... I'm just a model of indecision, aren't I?  Three posts leading off with 'Dunno'!
blackaeronaut Wrote:I'm just a model of indecision, aren't I?  Three posts leading off with 'Dunno'!

i thought you were the very model of a modern major general Smile
-Z, Post-reader at Medium
----
If architects built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization.
Zojojojo Wrote:i thought you were the very model of a modern major general Smile
Dunno... I thought BA was Navy, not Army.

HoagieOfDoom Wrote:The only clue Tigerclaw would give as to the identity of the mystery-verse was that it contained "Volkswagen-sized computers", leading the SB forum to posit that it's NGE.
I guess they haven't seen GateKeepers, then.
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Or GaoGaiGar, now that I'm thinking about it.

HoagieOfDoom

Chapter 5 of Volume II is up.
HoagieOfDoom Wrote:%[link=http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6052381/6/Sleeping_With_The_Girls_Vol_II_Chaos_Theory]Chapter 5] of Volume II is up.
It's been up for a few weeks, http://drunkardswalkforums.yuku.com/rep ... eply-68896]as I mentioned earlier...
--
Rob Kelk

i think he meant http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6052381/6/S ... aos_Theory]chapter 6
-Z, Post-reader at Medium
----
If architects built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization.

HoagieOfDoom

Whoops. Yeah, I meant chapter 6. My bad.
Which wasn't available when I went to look for it.

I'm starting to hate ff.net's proxies...
--
Rob Kelk

paladindythe

robkelk Wrote:Which wasn't available when I went to look for it.

I'm starting to hate ff.net's proxies...
I wonder if it's ff.net that's the issue, or ISPs who use proxy servers, and don't properly update new requests?
Awwwwww, poor Motoko. I didn't think that Hiro Protagonist's sudden departure had shaken her up that badly.

Also, I think we can look forward to 'longer' and more productive stays in each setting. After all, he not only knows how the game is played, he's better equiped and better prepared.

BTW: Did Jail Scaglietti also confiscate Motoko's dagger?

Kurisu

Nice mental image of Luna....

*POP* Human form. *GRAB* Thrown punch at the wrist. *CHUCK* Out the only entryway... Would have been better if it was the window.
_____
DEATH is Certain. The hour, Uncertain...
blackaeronaut Wrote:BTW: Did Jail Scaglietti also confiscate Motoko's dagger?
I don't have time to confirm, but I think it's still in the Sailor Moon world. At least, I don't recall Rei ever giving it back...
Kurisu Wrote:Nice mental image of Luna....

*POP* Human form. *GRAB* Thrown punch at the wrist. *CHUCK* Out the only entryway... Would have been better if it was the window.
I've read a fair number of Sailor Moon crossover fanfics, but this is the first time I've ever seen Luna take a level in badass...
--
Rob Kelk

I never thought of it, but it does seem like Luna's human form is physically the equivalent of a senshi, doesn't it? Is that canon, or an extrapolation by the writer?
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Extrapolation, I think. (Not sure.)
--
Rob Kelk

It would make sense if Luna had Senshi-like physical capabilities in her human form. She's a cat, after all, and cats have outstanding capability for their size.
www.fanfiction.net/s/6052381/7/Sleeping ... aos_Theory
Update.
----------------------------------------------------

"Anyone can be a winner if their definition of victory is flexible enough." - The DM of the Rings XXXV
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6052381/8/
And again, update.
He seems to be spending more time in each world this go around.  Or at least more chapters per world, anyway. 
-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.

Kurisu

The Metaphysical formula rears its ugly little head again...
_____
DEATH is Certain. The hour, Uncertain...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13