Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Crossovers That Should Not Be XVII: Post 16 threads, and what'd'ya get?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Necratoid

You do realize that the Machete movies are the US immigration debate taken as all sides nutballs are completely correct, done as a grind house film?  If your aware enough of this faction of US politics those movies are made of absolute win. If your paying attention those movies are completely amazing.

Ross Van Loan

I am happy that you get so much out of Machete : I don't. Your absolute win is not mine. Mine is the old Death Race 2000 : that's a rip snorting tacky parade of ultra violence, satire, and skin that I adore. 
Okay, guys...

Machete and Death Race 2000 - Should Be or Should Not Be?
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Valentine's Day horror:

"Candygram! Candygram! Candygram! Candygram! Candygram!"
--
Rob Kelk

I keep wanting to do something with Agatha Heterodyne on Junkyard Wars, but I can't think of a challenge thatwould present any real difficulty, nor a suitable opponent - and that's without even looking at who else to put on the teams. If she's got Gilgamesh and Tarvek with her, there's next to no expert who could be experty enough to add anything to the group, and it would take something like a Dr. Who, Samantha Carter, and Tony Stark team up to even have a chance at competing. Even then, what the heck could they be challenged to build? Moon rockets? The biggest irritant with this bunny is that it sits there in its chocolate shell wobbling now and then but refuses to actually hatch.
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows

Signs you've been reading too many FSN crossover fanfics:

My first reaction to the above post was "Agatha and -Gilgamesh-? That arrogant twat?"

Yes, it was "We've replaced Gilgamesh Wulfenbach with Gilgamesh, King of Uruk. Let's see who notices."
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
Quote:ECSNorway wrote:
Yes, it was "We've replaced Gilgamesh Wulfenbach with Gilgamesh, King of Uruk. Let's see who notices."
Well, I'm not sure that that's an improvement on the other Gilgamesh I had in mind...
Enough expository banter! Now we fight like men! And ladies! And ladies who dress like men! For Gilgamesh...it is morphing time!
Calling Arturia Pendragon?

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Atom Bomb of Courteous Debate. Get yours.

I've been writing a bit.
We could always look at the other side of the swap. I'm pretty sure a Spark would qualify as a Caster for the Holy Grail War, and Gil's savvy enough with those electroswords to make Saber...
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.

Sirrocco

...and a Highly Trained Smoke Knight makes a heck of an Assassin (and her ability to steal weapons out of people's hands as they're about to swing because they lost track of her is even *more* awesome in this universe). Gil could also qualify as Rider pretty readily, and Agatha manages a decent Archer. What would Tarvek be?
Sirrocco Wrote:... What would Tarvek be?
Not really familiar with F/SN, so I can only ask which one the smooth talker is.
--
Rob Kelk

Quote:robkelk wrote:
Quote:Sirrocco wrote:
... What would Tarvek be?
Not really familiar with F/SN, so I can only ask which one the smooth talker is.
The Seven Classes are Archer, Lancer, Saber, Berserker, Rider, Caster, and Assassin.
Lancers have a history of being charming but unlucky, it's just that I don't recall any instances of Tarvek fighting with a polearm of any sort.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Quote:ECSNorway wrote:
Lancers have a history of being charming but unlucky
What could be more unlucky than being summoned into a class you don't qualify for?  Truly, being Lancer is suffering.
Also, no thoughts on the FF/FSN crossover idea?

I've been writing a bit.
I didn't recognize it. FF?
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Final Fantasy.  There's a recurring Gilgamesh in it.
The line in italics is a quote from him in FF5- a game where one of your party members is a princess (if memory serves) masquerading as a (male) pirate.  Seemed like somebody who would have fun with Saber. ^^

I've been writing a bit.
ECSNorway Wrote:I didn't recognize it. FF?
Fantastic Four.
Bluemage Wrote:Final Fantasy.
Oh.

Never mind... or make that a FF/FF CTSNB.
--
Rob Kelk

The Wanderer

Actually, I think trying to do the original Final Fantasy (four-person party of configurable classes) with the Fantastic Four as the Light Warriors could be a great read.

Edit: Looking at it, although the original game didn't do this, you could even map them fairly easily to the four elements. The Human Torch maps very obviously to Fire, The Thing is a nearly equally obvious fit for Earth, "flexibility" is one of the general attributes of Water, and "invisibility" correlates neatly enough to Air. (It now wouldn't surprise me if this had been intentional on the part of the original designers of those characters.)
Too many F/SN crossovers? Heh....

To the end of her days, Rin would maintain that the whole mess was entirely Ilya's fault.
The whole thing started when Ilya browbeat her brother into mainlining her favorite anime du jour, featuring a loudmouthed orange-wearing "ninja" (whose personality bore some rather dangerous parallels to Shirou's in exactly the wrong places, in Rin's opinion). After a marathon of increasingly silly uses of the protagonist's "shadow clone" spell, Ilya had turned to her brother with an inquisitive expression.
"Ne, Oniichan. Couldn't you do that? Trace copies of yourself?"
"That only really works for me with swords, Ilya."
"Yes, but, you're made of swords, right? So it should work!"
Shirou's expression had gone from puzzlement to dawning wonder. Rin, seeing probably exactly the same mental image as Shirou, felt her own heart plummet in inverse response. But before she could think of a way to derail this dangerous train of thought, Shirou was upright, with the thousand-meter stare of a man undergoing a religious experience. And then he said The Words Which Heralded The End Of The World:
"I could save everyone."
Years later, after Shirou mastered his version of the Suicide Clone and Clones-Transforming-Into-Weapons techniques, Ilya would admit (privately) that Rin was right, and it really was her fault. But by then, the Clock Tower lay in ruins and the Pax Saggitarius was well on its way to establishing global domination....

Excerpted from Unlimited Shirou Works.
Is... is that a real fic? Because I'd kind of like to watch the train wreck...
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
...suddenly resisting the urge to filk Bohemian Rhapsody starting with Drogn's first line...
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Is this a real fic?
or just a plot bunny?
It sounds like a train wreck
I kind of want to see.
Open a tab
load up Google Search and see...

Now it's in my head
Hops energetically...
But I've so many fics, write so slow
Don't know much, 'bout Shirou
Why'd you go and post such
a tease?
A tease!

Dammit!
It's not a fic!
Got this bunny in my head
Never should have read the thread
Dammit, not another one!
I've got too many projects any way!

Oh, come on!
(ooh oo oo ooh)
I don't wanna write
another scene that goes no where at all!
But then if, and then if...
It's just flowing down my fingers...

Too late...
Drew Chekhov's gun
(...?)

God DAMMIT Bob!
--
You should have resisted, like me.
-- Bob
---------
(from where I left off)

Cross the keyboard, fingers fly
figures move in my mind's eye
but just then when I think
I have got a plot
Then it all leaves me behind
I'm blocked in truth

(Thank the Matrix, I finally made my Resist Shiny Objects check. I knew I should jave putmore points in that, but the other skills all looked so interesting!)
--
Quote:ClassicDrogn wrote:
(Thank the Matrix, I finally made my Resist Shiny Objects check. I knew I should jave putmore points in that, but the other skills all looked so interesting!)
/points off in a random direction
Look!  Squirrel!

I've been writing a bit.
Bluemage Wrote:
Quote:ClassicDrogn wroteSadThank the Matrix, I finally made my Resist Shiny Objects check. I knew I should jave putmore points in that, but the other skills all looked so interesting!)
/points off in a random direction

Look! Squirrel!
Mmmmm... http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/ ... -1.2549277...
--
Rob Kelk

[Sherlock] Holmes on Homes
-- Bob
---------
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12