Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Crossovers That Should Not Be XVII: Post 16 threads, and what'd'ya get?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
(voice on phone): Good morning, Angels.
Panty and Stocking: Good morning, Charlie!
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Hazard

(Voice on phone): Good morning, Angels.
Kei and Yuri: Good morning, Charlie.

Seraviel

(Voice on phone): Good morning, Angels.
Kaworu: Good morning, Charlie.

Sachiel: GRAAAAAAWWWWW!
-People may die, but ideas are forever. Je suis Charlie.

Sirrocco

Ah, Sachiel.  None too pretty, but there's so much less collateral damage.
The scary part here is that Kaworu could actually qualify as a lovely angel.

Toronto Mayor Rob Ford gets his own reality show on TLC: High on the Hogtown.
-- ∇×V
Worm / minus
Because making things worse is always an option.
vorticity Wrote:Toronto Mayor Rob Ford gets his own reality show on TLC

Was this inspired by some of the things that comedians have said about him?  Because just last night I saw an article in USA Today that talked about this very thing.
Quote:Tennie wrote:
Quote:vorticity wrote:
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford gets his own reality show on TLC

Was this inspired by some of the things that comedians have said about him?  Because just last night I saw an article in USA Today that talked about this very thing.
He does seem to be trying to go the Charlie Sheen route, doesn't he. *shakes head*

(Bolded for emphasis)

Oh God, those two should NEVER meet!
Horrid thought of the day: so, when do Japanese visual novels (especially eroge) start adding "Charlie Sheen Routes" to the route list?
SkyeFire Wrote:Charlie Sheen Routes

That sounds like the kind of route in which you act like an entertainingly loony asshole to others.  That, if implemented well, could lead to some quite hilarious endings!
We've secretly replaced Rubeus from Sailor Moon with Rubeus Hagrid. "These droids aren't full o' Dark Power, they're just misunderstood, that's all! Dumble 'ere is a right sweetheart!"
-- ∇×V
"Great man, Drumbledore, 'e is."
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
I have no idea how or why, but this crossover entered my brain and I cannot resist posting it:

A Midsummer Night's Dream/Midsomer Murders.
Two:

First a fusion: Log Horizon / EVE

Second: Tarzan / Jeeves and Wooster

Sirrocco

Quote:Jinx999 wrote:
Worm / minus
Because making things worse is always an option.
What exactly is minus?  I don't think I've heard of it, and it's not exactly google-friendly as names go.
...although it did lead me to thinking about taking the Wormverse and throwing in all of the minuses from Medaka Box.  They might actually fit in pretty well, all things considered.

...and *that* makes me want to see Gabriel Blessing throw one of his Shirous into the wormverse, except that I'm pretty sure that that belongs in the other thread.
http://www.kiwisbybeat.com/minus.html
Webcomic.  Reality-warper kid who doesn't really get this 'morality' thing, doing... things.  Some of them are nice.  Some of them aren't.  Some are relatively consequence-free.  Others aren't.
The reason it would make things worse is that people's perception of minus is pretty much colored by the negative things she does... like turning a balloon-seller into a balloon, and popping him.

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Atom Bomb of Courteous Debate. Get yours.

I've been writing a bit.
Over on the SJGames forums, there's a thread about The Flintstones. Discussion has drifted to what a war story in the Flintstones universe would be like.

So far, I've got Gomer Rockpyle USMC and McShale's Navy - definite Crossovers That Should Not Be. Can anyone come up with more?
--
Rob Kelk

Top Rock, starring Pumice Jones as Maverick.

I've been writing a bit.
One obvious crossover, with the DCU: Sgt. Rock.
-- Bob
---------
I tried to think of something for Hogan's Heroes but nothing happened, so I started on movies:

The Tar Pit Dozen maybe, and/or The Clubs of Navarone.

Saving Private Limestone sounded better in my head, but Full Granite Jacket works.
Arockalypse Now has probably been used already for a heavy metal album, but also fits this theme.
If it was set a decade or so after The Flintstones TV, you could have The Adventures of Pebbles, while Blacksanajeh could fit in anywhere.
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
Joey Potter and the Philosopher's Stone

(Who's Joey Potter, you ask? A character from Dawson's Creek. Never watched the thing, myself, but the name made this too easy.)
-- Bob
---------
"What we see here in this photo is the Scandinavian Dementor, also known as the Groke."
HP/Moomin
The Day of the Doctor and The Night of the Living Dead.

Maybe toss in The Long Dark Tea-Time of the Soul while we're at it.
--
Rob Kelk

Quote:robkelk wrote:
The Day of the Doctor and The Night of the Living Dead.

Maybe toss in The Long Dark Tea-Time of the Soul while we're at it.
And in between the two, we have an Afternoon of Darkness.

I've been writing a bit.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12