Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Crossovers That Should Not Be XVII: Post 16 threads, and what'd'ya get?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Quote:SkyeFire wrote:
Full Metal Alchemist Panic! Or possibly Full Metal Alchemical Panic! or Full Alchemical Panic!

Basically: That armored suit that Alphonse's soul got bonded to? Prototype ArmSlave. What really makes this work, beyond the title convergence, is that the canon AI was in fact named "Al."
I'd go with Alchemist of Panic!, myself.  "Alchemist of Steel" plus "Full Metal Panic", playing off the (intentionally, if memory serves) odd translation of hagane as "Fullmetal", instead of "Steel"... yeah, it works.  If you know the context (the previous sentence), it becomes a bit of an obscure reference/pun, of the sort that a lot of Japanese anime/manga titles use.

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Atom Bomb of Courteous Debate. Get yours.

I've been writing a bit.
Bluemage Wrote:
Quote:SkyeFire wrote:Full Metal Alchemist Panic! Or possibly Full Metal Alchemical Panic! or Full Alchemical Panic!

Basically: That armored suit that Alphonse's soul got bonded to? Prototype ArmSlave. What really makes this work, beyond the title convergence, is that the canon AI was in fact named "Al."
I'd go with Alchemist of Panic!, myself. "Alchemist of Steel" plus "Full Metal Panic", playing off the (intentionally, if memory serves) odd translation of hagane as "Fullmetal", instead of "Steel"... yeah, it works. If you know the context (the previous sentence), it becomes a bit of an obscure reference/pun, of the sort that a lot of Japanese anime/manga titles use.
Myself, I'd expect the "Alchemist of Steel" to be flying around with an "S" on his chest and a cape fluttering in the wind behind him...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
The S is for SCIENCE!
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
Arpeggio of Blue Steel plus Full Metal Panic. Just because I want to see what tricks Tessa and the TDD will pull out in a sparring match with Gunzou and Iona/I-401.

Ya gotta love a good sub duel.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
ECSNorway Wrote:Arpeggio of Blue Steel plus Full Metal Panic. Just because I want to see what tricks Tessa and the TDD will pull out in a sparring match with Gunzou and Iona/I-401.

"You lost another sub? ... How can we help?"
--
Rob Kelk

Ross Van Loan

We've replaced Wilbur with Napoleon. That makes the spider Molotov : "Some Pig!"
We've replaced Wilbur from Mr. Ed with Wilbur the pig...
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Ross Van Loan Wrote:We've replaced Wilbur with Napoleon. That makes the spider Molotov : "Some Pig!"
We've replaced Napoleon with Napoleon Solo...
--
Rob Kelk

Ross Van Loan

We've replaced Napoleon with Napoleon, and opened a rift in the Space/Time continuum...waitaminute that's not a rift, it's time bandits! 
Quote:robkelk wrote:
Quote:ECSNorway wrote:
Arpeggio of Blue Steel plus Full Metal Panic. Just because I want to see what tricks Tessa and the TDD will pull out in a sparring match with Gunzou and Iona/I-401.

"You lost another sub? ... How can we help?"
(snicker)  So, what does Krazny Oktyaber's Mental Model look like?
Kikia's Delivery Service and Top Gun: "Sorry, Jiji, it's time to buzz the village."
(And now, someone needs to make a completely non-ironic AMV of "Danger Zone" with KDS footage....)
Sailor Moon/Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

Usagi and co. have won a Golden Ticket, inviting them on the tour of Willy Wonka's chocolate factory.  Let's see what kind(s) of hijinks ensue...
I'm mostly interested in seeing what happens to the Dark General and youma who inevitably will try to set up an energy draining scheme involving it in some way.
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
The Oompa-Loompa-Youma?
--
Rob Kelk

Try to imagine how said Dark General gets his comeuppance!  Of course, knowing Wonka, I'll bet that said comeuppance would be quite over-the-top in some form or fashion.  And I gotta wonder what the lyrics to the Oompa-Loompa song the General receives would be...
Ouran of Zero: Louise Valliere summons her Familiar... and gets the entire Ouran Academy Host Club (each with a different Familiar Ability). Hilarity ensues.
There's a new teacher at the Tristain Academy - not very good at magic, but quite the swashbuckler, in the Spanish style.
The Familiar of Zorro
--
Rob Kelk

SkyeFire Wrote:Ouran of Zero: Louise Valliere summons her Familiar... and gets the entire Ouran Academy Host Club (each with a different Familiar Ability). Hilarity ensues.
I'm not seeing the downside of this idea. I'd call it Harem of Zero instead, because having that many cute guys around (and one girl) would have inevitable results.

If you're looking for bad Zero no Tsukaima crossovers, how about having her summon Aisaka Taiga from Toradora? She's almost a tiger, right? Plus you can save money on the voice acting.
-- ∇×V
Ouran of Zero: Louise Valliere summons her Familiar... and gets the entire Ouran Academy Host Club (each with a different Familiar Ability). Hilarity ensues.
Well, if she achieves a group summoning, she can pick up thirteen "were-animal" familiars by summoning the Sohma family in Fruits of Zero.  Louise may be a bit frustrated, though, by their uniformly positive reaction to Siesta.
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.

Necratoid

The problem with crossing Toradora with FoZ is that you'd end up with a harem crossover with no one for said harem to fight over.  This means the issue is that you'd have to leave out a fundamental element of both series.
Considering that Taiga is basically the fundamental essence of all modern chick flick female lead protagonists... this is more planning to fail than inherent incompatibility.
I miss the days when a chick flick was about one person dying slowly and horribly and a guy movie was about lots of people dying quickly.  The modern distinction of a chick flick being about an undateable train wreck of a female lead that ends up brainwashing a completely datable guy into deciding she is worth dating or more... despite her never putting any effort into actually improving herself or eliminating a single factor that makes her undatable in the first place.  A guy movie is one where lots of people die quickly... and the people in the romances have chemistry and character growth.
Hmmm, she could always summon Fujimura Taiga, from Fate/Stay-Night. Complete with Tora-shinai...
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
Quote:vorticity wrote:
I'm not seeing the downside of this idea. I'd call it Harem of Zero instead, because having that many cute guys around (and one girl) would have inevitable results.
Well, poor Kirche would end up comatose from ending up unable to choose *which* bishie to pursue...  And just for the lulz, it would be tragicute if Tabitha fell hard for Haruhi.
  If the Twins ended up with Wonder Twin powers as their Familiar Abilities, that would ice the cake.  Hunni would probably get Speaking To Animals, Mori would get FSN-style Reinforcement, Kyouya... hm, probably  FMA-Bradley-style All Seeing Eye (just what the every Master Strategist wants).  Tamaki... I'm coming up blank.  But if Haruhi got anything, it would probably be GURPS-style Mundane Advantage ("Why won't the magic touch her?  WHY!?!?!").

Necratoid

Fujimura Taiga would work... I particularly like the visions of her conscripting people around her into doing actual physical training and them doing going on covert ops to destroy the cursed blade... only for the background music (which only Derf can hear) to change into 'The Cat Came Back'.  It won't die and Taiga just doesn't notice its ever gone.  Taiga just generates a surreal existence and then there is this whole horror subplot that she is generating... without knowing it.
The only thing you'd need to do is make it after Shiro graduates and is out of country a lot... the idea the loyalty function of the runes making her acting more Taiga like due to her poor will saves is hilarious.  Also, you can have Taiga end up as teaching staff by her training.  A horror comedy basically.
---
SkyeFire, in that scenario the Host Club itself is the Familiar... meaning the members can change in number... so only one rune.  There are standard Void runes to base them on.  The effects of which are likely a mutation of the standard wield any weapon rune, probably something like they can make anything make them a better host and they instinctively know how to use it.  Certain rules must be followed.  Which is why the familiar summoned must be of benefit to Louise and fit her.  Summoning Cthulu, for example, won't work for this reason,
Also Kirche would only debate which order or how many of them at any given time... she is a cash cow client personality type after all.
SkyeFire Wrote:... But if Haruhi got anything, it would probably be GURPS-style Mundane Advantage ("Why won't the magic touch her? WHY!?!?!").
Why? Ask the rest of the SOS-dan.

(Yes, I know - different Haruhi. But this is "Crossovers that Should Not Be"...)
--
Rob Kelk

Actually... Haruhi Suzumiya could work, during the episode when she decides she's had it with the current world and the closed-space giamts go out of control - she happens to notice the summoning portal thingy on the sidewalk when Kyon comes to try to talk her into keeping the world as it is, so she grabs him and pulls him along to investigate without listening to what he's saying - and being who she is, is both quite willing to leave via summoning and quite able to pull him along on that too, by just not letting go as th eportal pulls her in. Haruhi thinks it's a wonderful adventure in a magical new world. Lousie thinks it's a nightmare, since the familiar runes barely even took at all, let alone engraving themselves as they should, and any time she tries to get her familiar to do something the other commoner she pulled along (who the runes wouldn't stick to at all, proving he's just some normal commoner and not a Familiar summoned by the sacred ritual) gets bullied into doing it instead, while Haruhi continues to do whatever she wants.

There is the distinct possibility of Haruhi, deciding that since this world has magic obviously she can learn it, will quickly become better at the normal types than Louise, again given who she is...

...Orcs, dwarves, hobbits, dragons, etc. are apt to start appearing since they obviously belong in a world of fantastic magic, whether the locals knew about them being around or not.

Actually, this is starting to sound like a train wreck I'd like to watch. From a safe distance, of course, like reading about it as a story in this world, well away from either of the others.
--
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12