Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Crossovers That Should Not Be XVII: Post 16 threads, and what'd'ya get?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
...Oddly enough, the one line I really remember from Lady C is about how the excitement of the affair has her all a-quiver like a sea anemone. Given how Chattur'gha is described there...
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
Root Access Granted. All Executable and Source Code Directories Unlocked.
The Architect froze, shocked to the point of suffering a nearly human reaction.
There was a moment of utter silence. Then... "No," the program stated hollowly. "Not possible. No mere human could have achieved Root. The System was designed from its base code to disallow any such possibility."
The red-haired man turned to face the program, a humorless smile stretching his lips momentarily. "But I'm not really human, anymore. Maybe I never was, entirely."
And with that final statement, Neo, nee Shirou Emiya, reached out, grasped the Root, and
NEW PARAMETER "Save Everyone" ADDED TO SYSTEM CORE DIRECTIVES. SYSTEM REBOOT IN PROGRESS. SYSTEM GOING DOWN FOR REBOOT IN 3...2...1...*

...yeah. So, the Nasuverse is actually the Matrix. One of those Machines must have been a fan of Mahou manga....
Quote:SkyeFire wrote:
Root Access Granted. All Executable and Source Code Directories Unlocked.
The Architect froze, shocked to the point of suffering a nearly human reaction.
There was a moment of utter silence. Then... "No," the program stated hollowly. "Not possible. No mere human could have achieved Root. The System was designed from its base code to disallow any such possibility."
The red-haired man turned to face the program, a humorless smile stretching his lips momentarily. "But I'm not really human, anymore. Maybe I never was, entirely."
And with that final statement, Neo, nee Shirou Emiya, reached out, grasped the Root, andNEW PARAMETER "Save Everyone" ADDED TO SYSTEM CORE DIRECTIVES. SYSTEM REBOOT IN PROGRESS. SYSTEM GOING DOWN FOR REBOOT IN 3...2...1...*

...yeah. So, the Nasuverse is actually the Matrix. One of those Machines must have been a fan of Mahou manga....
...This is pure gold.  Possibly genius.   Consider it stolen, once I finally get around to actually playing through Fate/Stay Night.
Some people have, apparently, called The Hulk "The Rage of Gaea".

So. If a dog is man's best friend...

Does that make Primate Murder the Hulk's best friend?
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
Azunth Wrote:
Quote:SkyeFire wrote:Root Access Granted. All Executable and Source Code Directories Unlocked.
(...)
...This is pure gold.  Possibly genius.   Consider it stolen, once I finally get around to actually playing through Fate/Stay Night.
Do it, do it! And make sure you share, or else I'll release this grumpy honey badger in your bathtub.
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles

Ross Van Loan

(The only way to properly imagine the following is to wear your 70's Bakshi-Goggles) Hobbits & Elves, give it up for The Eagles!!!! ...We're living it up at the Hotel Minas Tirith. Any time of the Third Age, you can find it here! 
Quote:Ross Van Loan wrote:
(The only way to properly imagine the following is to wear your 70's Bakshi-Goggles) Hobbits & Elves, give it up for The Eagles!!!! ...We're living it up at the Hotel Minas Tirith. Any time of the Third Age, you can find it here! 
Look, man. If there's one thing I know how to do, it's write fanfiction when I'm stoned. It's like, you know your perspective's fucked, but you have to make your hands move the keyboard as if you were straight.
(Which isn't that much different from writing fanfiction straight, to be honest. Or there are a lot more people writing while stoned out there than I envisioned.)  
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."
Super Marx Bros. -- "It'sa me, Chico!"
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Ross Van Loan Wrote:(The only way to properly imagine the following is to wear your 70's Bakshi-Goggles) Hobbits & Elves, give it up for The Eagles!!!! ...We're living it up at the Hotel Minas Tirith. Any time of the Third Age, you can find it here!
Last thing I remember,
I was heading for Mordor,
Had to get this Ring back to
the place it was before...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Pursued by the Nazgul - they were humans who were decieved - one does not simply, walk in, but you can never leave!
--

The Wanderer

If Galactus tried to consume Skaia, he'd burst from overeating.
The raiders had been driven away, and the smoke had cleared showing that the town was mostly in one piece. She was proud of that. Still, she turned to the floating woman who'd done most of the airborne fighting.

"Are you OK?" The floating woman asked in a kind voice, her white dress rippling in the breeze.

"Nono is fine Onee-sama!"

The woman smiled faintly.

"Nanoha is fine, Nono-san."
Quote:Cobalt Greywalker wrote:
The raiders had been driven away, and the smoke had cleared showing that the town was mostly in one piece. She was proud of that. Still, she turned to the floating woman who'd done most of the airborne fighting.

"Are you OK?" The floating woman asked in a kind voice, her white dress rippling in the breeze.

"Nono is fine Onee-sama!"

The woman smiled faintly.

"Nanoha is fine, Nono-san."
...I think the title would be  'There is No Minimum Safe Distance'.
"It was as if a billion voices cried out...and were suddenly Befriended."
I wish this idea would stop just lurking around the edges of my mind and fully form, but it won't. So I'm exorcising it by putting it here:

Bernard Madoff and Henry Winkler, together for the first time in The Fonzie Scheme.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Ouch!

Hmmmmm... Jean-Claude van Damme and Jackie Chan in ... well, the story's pretty much beside the point for this one. JCVD tends to play characters who think the end justifies the means, while Jackie tends to play characters who do the right thing no matter the cost. I wouldn't want to guess who'd come out on top in a fight - one's powerful, but the other's indestructible.
--
Rob Kelk

Clearly, they're a federal agent and the cop who was supposed to turn the investigation over to him, on the trail of ... let's say a kidnapping/human trafficking ring that's managed to nab someone important to each of them - and fighting each other almost as much as the gang members due to their conflicting philosophies.

Z'at enough of a plot for you to hang the action on?

But, who would the action-girl-finacee special guest asskicker who does a fair job rescuing herself and the obligatory kid while the guys fight the big boss in the final sequence be?

And why is this in Should Not Be anyway?
--
robkelk Wrote:Hmmmmm... Jean-Claude van Damme and Jackie Chan in ... well, the story's pretty much beside the point for this one. JCVD tends to play characters who think the end justifies the means, while Jackie tends to play characters who do the right thing no matter the cost. I wouldn't want to guess who'd come out on top in a fight - one's powerful, but the other's indestructible.
ClassicDrogn Wrote:Clearly, they're a federal agent and the cop who was supposed to turn the investigation over to him, on the trail of ... let's say a kidnapping/human trafficking ring that's managed to nab someone important to each of them - and fighting each other almost as much as the gang members due to their conflicting philosophies.

Z'at enough of a plot for you to hang the action on?

But, who would the action-girl-finacee special guest asskicker who does a fair job rescuing herself and the obligatory kid while the guys fight the big boss in the final sequence be?

And why is this in Should Not Be anyway?
You're right - with that addition, this is definitely a Should Be.

As for the competent female co-lead, I've always had a fondness for Lucy Liu... and her career peaked at the same general time as JCVD and Jackie's did, too.
--
Rob Kelk

The sad thing is that this exchange is pretty plausible as a producer and a scriptwriter (or replace one of those with director) putting together the actual pitch for an action movie.
--
Agent J and Silent Bob Strike Back.
[Image: Crossover_zpsca41dd82.jpg]
[Image: AdvicefromtheExperienced_zps2e0d417d.jpg]
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.
Today, we've secretly switched Yoko Littner and Yomiko Readman. Let's see who penetrates the center of their new setting's great conspiracy first!
--
Kill la Kill Bill

Why is this a "Should Not Be"? Well, what does the crossover have that either element doesn't have already?
--
Rob Kelk

Ross Van Loan

Faster Pussy Cat Kill La Kill Bill. Russ Meyer plus Quentin Tarrantino plus  Gainax (I assume KLK is Gainax) would surely be a train wreck at least as embarrassing  as Machete Kills is now & Machete Kills Again in Space will be when it is unleashed upon us. 
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12