Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Crossovers That Should Not Be XVII: Post 16 threads, and what'd'ya get?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Anyone else here familiar with Equestria Girls? Tongue

[Image: rise_of_the_planet_of_equestria_girls_by...66yvo4.png]
-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.
Tennie Wrote:Peter Fox (Foxtrot) and Yukari Tanizaki (Azumanga Daioh) get into a street race. Through Tokyo.
That sounds like the makings of a good You're Under Arrest story.
-- ∇×V
vorticity Wrote:
Tennie Wrote:Peter Fox (Foxtrot) and Yukari Tanizaki (Azumanga Daioh) get into a street race. Through Tokyo.
That sounds like the makings of a good You're Under Arrest story.
Or that episode of Full Metal Panic: Fumoffu which may as well have been a YUA episode...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Sunstone / Empowered
robkelk Wrote:Or that episode of Full Metal Panic: Fumoffu which may as well have been a YUA episode...
Which one, the one with the bicycle chase, or the one with pony-dude in the park? Aoi with a ponytail has possibilities. Actually, I'm starting to think that this is the wrong thread for these ideas.
-- ∇×V
vorticity Wrote:
robkelk Wrote:Or that episode of Full Metal Panic: Fumoffu which may as well have been a YUA episode...
Which one, the one with the bicycle chase, or the one with pony-dude in the park? Aoi with a ponytail has possibilities. Actually, I'm starting to think that this is the wrong thread for these ideas.
If that "or" isn't an "xor", then yes. (I was thinking the bicycle chase because the scene is so obviously a parody of the first OAV, but pony-dude works just as well.)

And I agree that this is becoming a Should Be.
--
Rob Kelk

Back to "Should Not Be."

I'm not sure which one would be worse: The Melancholy of Smaug or The Desolation of Haruhi Suzumiya ...
--
Rob Kelk

Sirrocco

Actually, having a group of moderately extranormal people running around desperately trying to keep their club president distractd enough that she doesn't realize that she's actually an enormous dragon could be *hilarious*.

The Wanderer

God, the Devil, and "Bob".

Could actually be pretty interesting if you did it right, but the level of SubGenius integration necessary to be able to do it right is something I don't particularly want to even think about.

Ross Van Loan

Gilligan's Island of Dr. Moreau.
They only call him 'The Professor'. 
We've secretly replaced Twilight Sparkle's friend Spike with Buffy Summers' friend Spike, and vice-versa. Let's see whether anyone notices.
--
Rob Kelk

robkelk Wrote:We've secretly replaced Twilight Sparkle's friend Spike with Buffy Summers' friend Spike, and vice-versa. Let's see whether anyone notices.

And while we're at it, let's throw in every other character named Spike and see just how much mayhem ensues!
Quote:robkelk wrote:
We've secretly replaced Twilight Sparkle's friend Spike with Buffy Summers' friend Spike, and vice-versa. Let's see whether anyone notices.
And don't forget to also replace Fluttershy's friend Angel with Buffy's friend Angel...
Which gives you this ...
Quote:robkelk wrote:

About that: The Name is Spike.
----------
No, I don't believe the world has gone mad.  In order for it to go mad it would need to have been sane at some point.

Ross Van Loan

Dawn of the Dead Planet of the Apes. Who doesn't want to see zombie apes? Okay, who does? 
Quote:Ross Van Loan wrote:
Dawn of the Dead Planet of the Apes. Who doesn't want to see zombie apes? Okay, who does? 
Alternately, you could have neo-grindhouse horror meets classic cult science-fiction in "Planet Terror of the Apes." Or, a weird neo-grindhouse murder mystery parody, with "Murder by Death Proof."  
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."
Hmmmmm...

Murder by Death Note

A starkly serious (and more than a bit full of itself) anime, played for laughs.
--
Rob Kelk

Odin looked very nearly as grim as Thor recalled him being during the Convergence. "My son... it saddens me that this has become necessary, but I must now entrust to you knowledge of one of the deepest secrets buried in Asgard's history. The existence of the Tenth World."
Thor blinked, recalling something he had come across on the Midgardian "internet" whilst researching humanity's memories of Asgard. Surely not... "Cephiro?"
Odin blinked in turn. "What? No, that name is unfamiliar to me. I refer to... Equestria."
Thor: The Equestrian World
"So... Sleipnir... and Loki....?"
Odin sighed painfully. "There are reasons why there has been no contact between Asgard and Equestria over the Rainbow Bridge over the last thousand years.  Now, however, the situation has... changed.  And Sleipnir would like to visit his mo-- er, fa... parent."
Tom Swift: Boy Genius

Agatha Heterodyne and her Giant Clank No, wait, that's already been done in canon....

It occurs to me that Tom Swift is basically our world's version of a Spark: less crazy, more focussed. Less steam, more electricity.
In the spirit of the thread, Ryk Spoor (internet handle: Sea Wasp) actually has a professionally published pair of books out right now whose backstory includes a real-world instance of CTSNB: Grand Central Arena and Spheres of Influence. As a minor spoiler:
For various reasons, including copyright issue, the CTSNB is a backstory item, alluded to carefully. But it does have real effects on the world, and there's plenty of Easter Eggs for fanboys to squee over. It also has the benefit of being quite a good yarn in its own right, with a pretty original setup that takes some time to definitely wrap your head around.
He was born in the 1920s.

He is extremely stylish for his time.

He is a lizard.

He is ... Art Geko.
--
Rob Kelk

[image]http://www.dorktower.com/files/2013/12/ ... er1157.gif[/image]
--
Rob Kelk

Gru the Wanderer
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Ross Van Loan

We've secretly replaced The Sound of Music's Maria with Metropolis' Robot Maria. It should play out pretty much like an unholy  cross of The Producers & Eve of Destruction...if anyone remembers that Ultimate Cinematic Turkey! It was almost as good as I Come in Peace & 'We need bigger guns!' Split Second.   
Full Metal Alchemist Panic! Or possibly Full Metal Alchemical Panic! or Full Alchemical Panic!

Basically: That armored suit that Alphonse's soul got bonded to? Prototype ArmSlave. What really makes this work, beyond the title convergence, is that the canon AI was in fact named "Al."
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12