Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Crossovers That Should Not Be XVII: Post 16 threads, and what'd'ya get?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Quote:robkelk wrote:
Quote:ordnance11 wrote:
Oorai High School Just received 4 new instructors in the way of Sensha-do:

Bosco Albert Baracus

Templeton Peck

H.M. Murdock

John Smith
What, Kyon showed up?
Kyon: Okay, Haruhi apparently picked up a cheap DVD of some American action show from the 80s and now we're driving around in a black van with a red stripe, looking for people to help. Not that different from her normal activities, but why does she keep saying "Pity the fool?"  
D for Drakensis

You're only young once, but immaturity is forever.
I would read that.
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
Quote:ordnance11 wrote:
Oorai High School Just received 4 new instructors in the way of Sensha-do:

Bosco Albert Baracus

Templeton Peck

H.M. Murdock

John Smith

God help the other side.
ROTFLMAO!  That has got to be the most incredible idea for a crossover I've seen in a while!  
ordnance11 Wrote:Oorai High School Just received 4 new instructors in the way of Sensha-do:

ordnance11 Wrote:Oorai High School

(bolded for emphasis)

You know, I read that as "Ouran High School", and that, I think, would be a CTSNB!
Dancers in space: Rockette Girls
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Speaking of which:

A crossover between Rocket Boys (AKA October Sky) and Rocket Girls.
Most humans found the appearance of the alien race uncomfortable, with a strong resemblence to human sized Insects, but the ambassador had long since lost such qualms. As a telepathic hive mind race, they didn't have a name for their own species, or anything similar to human speech, so humans (one human) had learned to call them insectaurs. Which is why Clockblocker had been forbidden from any further first encounters. The ambassador would usually have been considered a worse choice for diplomacy, leaving aside her . . . complicated . . . reputation, but her comfort with giant insects, her familiarity with hive minds and her ability to directly communicate with the species made her a suprising good choice.

"The ability to travel to alternate timelines . . . meet strange versions of yourself . . . . an interesting technology", the insectaurs queen . . . communicated.

"Letting us take part in this exploration to see different universes and different histories of our . . kind . . as well as yours is interesting."

The young woman, who'd had many names for such a comparatively short life, been considered a villian, a hero a monster and a saint had no illusions that she was a divise figure amoung even her friends. However she had jumped at a chance to do some good, without having to be in another battle.

"Dinah calculated that this is a world in which our species made contact, and one untainted by entities. It should be a good choice."

Worm / Ender's Game - because ruthless tactical genius.
I would read that so hard...
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
In which a drunken robot finds himself at an academy learning to command space fleets...

Bender's Game.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Here's an idea that, for whatever reasons, has been brewing in my head for a while.  I'm not exactly sure if it's a CTSB or a CTSNB, so I decided to post it here just to be safe.  Anyway:

The TSAB has managed to acquire a strange and potentially dangerous machine from Earth, originally made by an American scientist named Szalinski.  Riot Force 6 is called in to help store it away in a safe place.  However, a series of hilariously unlikely events leads to the machine turning on and firing laser beams at random...long story short, we're putting the "nano" into Nanoha, along with much of RF6.

That's right, it's a Lyrical Nanoha/Honey, I Shrunk the Kids crossover!
Bob Schroeck Wrote:In which a drunken robot finds himself at an academy learning to command space fleets...

Bender's Game.
Er... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bender%27s_Game
--
Rob Kelk

Dancers in space: Rockette Girls
Rocket Robin Hood: Men In Tights
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell
Quote:Bob Schroeck wrote:
In which a drunken robot finds himself at an academy learning to command space fleets...
Bender's Game.
Er... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bender%27s_Game
Can you guess I don't actually watch Futurama?
-- Bob
---------
We've secretly replaced big-government's Z10s with Z10s - let's see whether they notice.
--
Rob Kelk

Well, they'd need a lot more (and when I say "a lot", I mean "a LOT!") of the latter to make up for the loss of the computing power that the former provided.  On the plus side, such high-volume sales could single-handedly pull BlackBerry out of its financial woes!
Given how much Alley likes playing Computer Games - a Sunstone/Log Horizon crossover would be easy to set up. Getting the other characters involved would be necessary, though.
In the strictest sense not really a crossover, buuuuuuut....

The Harem Comedy of Haruhi Suzumiya
-- Bob
---------
Drawn by rumors of strange happenings in Shin Tokyo, the SOS-dan investigates!

After all, the goal is to bring on a new age of gods, right?

It'd just be giving them what they wish for!

Right?

Next time, it's The Ashikabi of Haruhi Suzumiya!

Wrong, it's The Sekirei of Haruhi Suzumiya! You're the Ashikabi!

Don't be silly Kyon, it's an alien! An alien esper! The special person I've been searching and searching for!

... sigh.

Oh don't look like that, we can do a harem comedy at the same time.

What!?

---

Dammit, now I want to read this.
--
The Melancholy of Tenchi Masaki
Personally, I'd get a bit melancholic over my series getting rebooted three or four times (I lost count), but that's just me.
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."
The Melancholy of Himemiya Anthy?
...oh, wait, I forgot.  It's called Revolutionary Girl Utena.

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Atom Bomb of Courteous Debate. Get yours.

I've been writing a bit.
"Hi, I'm Haruhi Suzumiya, and welcome to Jackass!"
Quote:Ebony wrote:

The Melancholy of Tenchi Masaki
Personally, I'd get a bit melancholic over my series getting rebooted three or four times (I lost count), but that's just me.
Given that both Tenchi and Haruhi are implied to be manifestations of a supreme being, this isn't that much of a stretch.
And as the local Tenchi-Obsessive fanboy, let me run that continuity count by you.
1) The OAV timeline with Kajishima as primary creator.  Comprised of the OAVs, Tenchi Muyo GXP, and War on Geminar.  Suplemented with light novels and official mini-comics to expand events and background information.2) A series of light novels by Hasegawa, branching off from the end of the first OAV in a different direction.  The second Tenchi movie is based off of one of these novels.3) The manga by Okuda, running parallel to the OAV continuity.  Stuff in the OAV is consisdered canon for the manga, but stuff in the manga is not canon for the OAVs.4) Tenchi Universe.  The first TV series.  The first and third movie are based off of this and are generally considered to be part of that continuity.5) Tenchi in Tokyo.  The second and generally ignored TV series.6,7,8) Three different Magical Girl Sasami spinoffs: Pretty Sammy, Project S, Mahou Shojo Club.
Add to this radio dramas, video games, the one-shot Mihoshi special, at least one comic book that doesn't fit into any of the continuities above, etc.
Also, characters from the series above occasonally get cameos in other works by the same people or characters from other works get cameos in a series above.
----------
No, I don't believe the world has gone mad.  In order for it to go mad it would need to have been sane at some point.
Pikers. There's something like twenty different versions of Transformers continuity, last time I counted them up.
--
Let's see what kind(s) of chaos would happen (in the respective continuities) if we were to switch around Hayate Yagami (Lyrical Nanoha) and Hayate Ayasaki (Hayate the Combat Butler)!
Thunder Catgirls -- All female, all the time!
-- Bob
---------
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12