Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Crossovers That Should Not Be XVII: Post 16 threads, and what'd'ya get?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
http://drunkardswalkforums.yuku.com/top ... ve-Company]Old thread is old. New thread is new.

Not mine - posted by KDLadage to the Silly Tolkien Crossovers thread on the SJGames forums:
Quote:"I don't get it boss? Why would anyone want to carry a magic ring to a volcano and throw it in?"

"How many times do I have to explain this to you, Tatoo? It's his fantasy, not yours."

And one by Asta Kask (who really should be posting his own crossovers, now that he has an account here) to the same thread, slightly modified:
Quote:For Love and Justice, the pretty sailor suited soldier Sailor Eowyn! In the name of the moon I will punish you!
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Quote:robkelk wrote:
And one by Asta Kask (who really should be posting his own crossovers, now that he has an account here) to the same thread, slightly modified:
Quote:For Love and Justice, the pretty sailor suited soldier Sailor Eowyn! In the name of the moon I will punish you!
Not a new idea -- Angus Macspon wrote a http://shell.ihug.co.nz/~macspon/fanfic/batpel.txt]short fic on the idea nearly ten years ago now (borrowing heavily from Tolkien as he did).
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Quote:robkelk wrote:
For Love and Justice, the pretty sailor suited soldier Sailor Eowyn! In the name of the moon I will punish you!
I am Pretty Herald Kerowyn, and in the Name of Valdemar I shall Punish you.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children
Okay, so I could go a couple ways from this.  The first is nearly canon SM, but with one twist, leading up to...
"...in the name of Dahak, I shall punish you!"
The second is... rather a bit more disturbing.
"I am Shiny Herald Norrin Radd!  In the name of Galactus..."

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Atom Bomb of Courteous Debate. Get yours.

I've been writing a bit.
I took a deep breath and tried to steady myself.

I'd fought people from the first, from Lung through to the Leviathan. I'd been bullied and withstood the worst that Sophia and her friends had thrown at me. Now however, as I looked at Grue and remembered what Bonesaw had done to him, was the first time I'd really hated any one.

I took another breath and reached out in a way that I didn't normally. I could feel the cockroaches in nearby buildings, having survived the tidal surges engendered by Levithan, and the spiders patiently spinning their webs in odd corners. I aware ofl a thousand types of bug, insect, and creepy crawly within my range but now I reached out in a way I didn't normal do. Not after that first time, soon after I'd triggered, when I'd been too curious and called up these particular creatures.

They were smarter than any other insect I had ever used, thinking their own thoughts, but I could still give them a direction and purpose. But after seeing the ruin and devastation left behind after they 'played' in a vacant lot, a lot which was far more empty afterwards, I'd been afraid to use them. There was so much about them I didn't know, from how smart they actually were to where they came from when I called, so I just left them as a very last resort.

Now though? I knew that the Slaughter House Nine deserved the very worst that I could throw at them.

I just hoped that, this time, they didn't use the exploding sheep...

- "Not the Sheep!" (A Worm / Worms Crossover)
Cars and Fate/Stay Night

No real reason, other than I was cut off by the same Mitsubishi Lancer twice on the drive home today.)
--
Rob Kelk

I ... I mean, how...

ARGH! MY BRAIN JUST EXPLODED FROM TRYING TO FIT PIXARVERSE INTO NASUVERSE COSMOLOGY!

Why would you do that? It's like putting a Bag of Left Holding into a Portable Plot Hole!

Just... it's just... it REALLY belongs here. Congratulations, you win a year's supply of Turbo Wax and Pranaruney, the Fuyuki City treat.
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
"I fink so, Brain, but this time you wear the encounter suit and I'll do the funny voice."
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."
Quote:Ebony wrote:
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
"I fink so, Brain, but this time you wear the encounter suit and I'll do the funny voice."
Yes, we definitely need to hear Kosh go "Narf!"   
-- Bob
---------
I don't think that's the only shenanigans going on aboard that station... have you seen Ambassador Boollari? He's a chicken I tell you! A giant chicken!
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles

Sirrocco

Axis Powers Hetalia/DC Comics universe/Lolcats

Batcountry
[Image: jokercosplay_zpsdfea9196.jpg]

I can't help but think that this guy bares a bit of a resemblance to David Tenant (10th Doctor), which brought to mind the idea that the Joker is a Timelord. It would explain how he keeps coming back from certain death as well as some of the different personality variants he's had over the years.
Edit to add: even his name sorta fits as a Timelord.

Batcountry
I keep waiting for someone at DC to draw the Joker in a bucket hat, sunglasses, and with a cigarette holder, uttering the line, "We can't stop here; this is Bat Country!"
(We were somewhere near Suicide Slum when the drugs started to take hold....)
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."
Inspired by the picture above - Joker somehow gets sent to the GoT world. Because every throne room needs a fool.
--
The Presidency of Haruhi Suzumiya
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
(cough cough) Fenspace (cough)
--
ClassicDrogn Wrote:(cough cough) Fenspace (cough)
Crossed with ...?
--
Rob Kelk

No... as the implementation of "The Presidency of Haruhi Suzumiya".
-- Bob
---------
What Bob said. Though I'm sure some would say that Fenspace itself is a CTSNB.

(I like it, myself)

I would have said Battletech for the severe genre mismatch, but Mal & Co. are happily proving that wrong on a semiregular basis. Having Fenspace Earth be replaced by the actual MoHS earth could be a funny train wreck I guess. The Integrated Data Entity would flip its lid at the very least.
--
Well, you wanted a Fenspace CTSNB... I just woke up from one. I was with Mal Fnord in a different avatar version than Wave Convoy, namely Pretender-shell equipped Skyline, who is much, much more dangerous due to wielding Mugenzan aka Infinity Edge, the semi-physical embodiment of the cocept of 'Cut,' as in to slice or separate. We were walking through a heavily snowed in, lightly forested landscape, talking about how his luck was really working overtime lately, while I used the power of n anti-world weapon
--
every few steps to Cut an easy path through the snow so we didn't have to struggle along. Eventually we reached a hideout, a nearly completely snowed in cave mouth that turned out to be quite warm inside thanks to the efforts of Kirche von Zerbst, Tabitha having seen to keeping the disguising snow intact on the mouth, and presented the results of our expedition, Mal had worked his Fixer magic and we were in the clear to travel, now being the bearers or a royal writ of summons for my little Master, Dame
--
Louise de Valiere, Chevalier of Tristian, and whatever companions she might choose, to attend upon her majesty the Queen at her earliest convenience. What all else was going on faded before I'd even got upright, but that's Fenspace, ZnT, and at least some Nasu-style OP hax bullshit (though to be fair that's mainly in the terminology used, I came up with Infinity Edge something like 20 years ago) with some kind of deeply twisty political crap too involved to understand how to Cut through to a solution.
--
Quote:Timote wrote:
[Image: jokercosplay_zpsdfea9196.jpg]

I can't help but think that this guy bares a bit of a resemblance to David Tenant (10th Doctor), which brought to mind the idea that the Joker is a Timelord. It would explain how he keeps coming back from certain death as well as some of the different personality variants he's had over the years.
Edit to add: even his name sorta fits as a Timelord.
Hey... isn't that the guy from the preview video made by the  project "The Batman Chronicles"?  
-- Bob
---------
WRT #20-21 I don't actually remember posting that and wouldn't've if I wss fully awake, but just to fully illustrate why Mugenzan is too uber to write good stories about - Mere physical attacks are the least of its abilities, any chump who can swing the sword it appears as can toss off Deayh of 1000 Combine Harvesters or World Split Slash with a bit of practice. My SI's more thorough understanding (the kind a 15-year-old author imagines only they have, since no one else could possibly understand) led him
--
to make three tiny cuts on his left shoulder, but still enough to Sever the concepts of Unwellness, Senescence, and Death, leaving him immortal and eternally in peak condition. Then he Cut the wall between realities to travel to mid-Golden-Age Cybertron (where the thin, nearly oxygen free atmosphere was unpleasant but no more, without the concept of illness) and eventually got on the team designing the next generation air warrior frame, building a device to upload himself into it, and taking care to Cut
--
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12